PepperMill

Another PC upgrade

I've been playing WoT for a bit over a year now and always on the bare minimum graphics settings.  That's really stale and it's finally time to bite the bullet and upgrade.  I read through the other posts here and from that derived what looks like a sensible upgrade list to me. 

Keeping the following

• Antec piano black ATX case
  • Corsair HX 750 modular power supply
  • Monitor AOC 23" IPS  1920x1080 
  • Keyboard
  • Mouse Steel Series Sensei Pro

Replacement parts list http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3XG4mG

I am trying to keep this under $1000.  Is there a less expensive video card that would be workable.  The current video card is a GTX 650 with 1GB of RAM.

I use this system for WoT, no FPS type games, but a lot of photoshop and some video editing.  There's a NAS device with a couple of TB for long term storage.

Replacing an ASUS P5B Deluxe motherboard, Intel Core2 Duo processor, and a fat 2 GB of OCZ Platinum RAM.   System is old.

Thanks for any advice

The only thing i'd say is maybe go for a reference gpu instead of the one you have picked. From the google results on the case you have, it seems it doesnt have much for intake/exahust so have a reference card which spits the heat out of the back would be better than inside your case. However if the card you picked is cheaper/on sale just go for it. You might have slightly higher temps but it shouldn't be much of an issue.

@Hudstr22 Case has 2 intake fans with cleanable filters and a 120mm exhaust fan.  I've got the exhaust fan on temp variable lead.  Will watch for high temps.

@Fulcrous Only chose it because it was the 1866 was the same price as the 1600 MHz RAM.  

@CheesyHoney  Like it.  You boiled it down to the necessary.  Will have to add Windows as current PC is running 32 bit XP.  Will definitely strip the aftermarket cpu cooler, not going to overclock at all.  Have to think about the RAM.  64 bit Photoshop likes a lot of memory.  The difference in HDD speed between the blue and the black will be totally lost compared to the jump from where I am now.  Any specific reason for the EVGA 470 over the MSI?

Guys, thanks for the feedback.  It really helps.

Ordered today http://pcpartpicker.com/p/66VKbv

The MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card did not fit in my case (Antec Solo).   I mistakenly did not put the case into PC parts picker which would have (I think) avoided the mistake.

Any suggestions for a card that's less than 10" deep?

Running the system now with my old geforce 650 graphics card and it's already performing much better than it was.