Silty

8.6 camo changes

According to Verilogus's post, 8.6 brought some rather significant camo changes.  He says he stopped playing the 268 and T-62A because their camo no longer cuts it like it once did.

What do the rest of you all think?  Has any tank been winning or losing the vision control arms race since the new patch?

I'd assume the Fatton is winning, since it relies less on its camo and more on its view range advantage.

I'm still constantly seeing spinning turrets looking for me as I light up tanks in my M18 and T49. 

I'm still constantly seeing spinning turrets looking for me as I light up tanks in my M18 and T49. 

We have bots like that all the way up the tiers on SEA...

But yes, as to the OP i'm finding a few of my bushes far less effective for sitting passive. I suspect active scouting won't have been affected a great deal.

As a sideline to this i've just started equipping a few of my upper tier meds with binocs over their usual optics to test and by giving you that extra 50m you can sometimes really abuse both the vision and better accuracy since 8.6.

We have bots like that all the way up the tiers on SEA...

But yes, as to the OP i'm finding a few of my bushes far less effective for sitting passive. I suspect active scouting won't have been affected a great deal.

As a sideline to this i've just started equipping a few of my upper tier meds with binocs over their usual optics to test and by giving you that extra 50m you can sometimes really abuse both the vision and better accuracy since 8.6.

Not all bots.  It was a Malinovka game, 2 KV1s', both top damage dealers for their team and had decent stats.  Tracked both and took most of their hp before they were able to get some cover.  It was on the edge of visibility, though.  Since the update, I learned early that firing from bushes in close range (200 or less) is not a good idea if any of the tanks have reasonable view.  With the accuracy buff, I believe it works out.  Simply have to shift engagement ranges out farther by 100 yds from what you used to.