Canadian_Reaper

So I got to play against Garbad...

I got in to a game with kewei's account in a CDC and I just about died of shock.  I asked if it was the real kewei or his grinder (based on the play, his grinder).  No one knew who kewei even was in that game.  /wrists.

I got in to a game with kewei's account in a CDC and I just about died of shock.  I asked if it was the real kewei or his grinder (based on the play, his grinder).  No one knew who kewei even was in that game.  /wrists.

This is what happens when you stop shitposting on official forums.

Your rep declines. 

I enjoy playing against good players on both sides.

Something about being able to carry against a platoon of good players is very satisfying.

On the flip side, it's amazing being able to actually work as a 4 man unit instead of 3 when they're on the same side.

I saw Garbad in a match once, a long time ago (pre-physics?). He was on my team on ruinberg, platooned with 2 other G's, iirc. I was still a pubscrub and I was low tier, so I just derped out in the field. The enemy team crumbled, though I couldn't tell you exactly why. I just remember overextending and getting beaten up by a higher tier. Garbad swooped in murdered my assailants, then left to wreck some arty. My little pubbie mind was in awe.

Moral of this story: Garbad saves.

On another note, I actually like running into unica, regardless of what team they are on. If they're on mine I generally will try to support them while studying what they do. If they're on the enemy team I look at it as a challenge. It's fun to test my mettle against a better player if I run into them, otherwise I tend to play like I normally do. One tactic I have reliably used against unica is to fight them head on to try to stall their push while simultaneously trying to put enough pressure on them to prevent them from flexing out. Then it is just a matter of waiting for my team to (hopefully) win against their pubs. 

When I get my blue-self in a battle against a single purple while playing a tank that is flexible and of equal tier I tend to go to the spot I think the purple will go and try to engage him without suiciding to get him. Even if he's better and kills me I will often be able to make him pay a heavy price, allowing my team to pick up the slack and do the two-ish hits on him needed and win the game. Sometimes I even get nice teammates that follow the lead and zerg the purple at a good moment when he's overextended and with little support going to his "usual" spot without his "usual" platoon mates to cover him and kill him fast without taking too much damage.

None of that works when the purple is in a platoon with a couple of equally purple friends. In those games, assuming I'm in a relatively mobile tank, I try to avoid the area where I would expect the purples to go, and set off to at the very least farm some damage off their team before losing, or perhaps get a sneaky cap-win if the enemy team decided to lemming with the purples. Engaging a platoon of purples while not in a platoon is a recipe for being focused on and gunned down in six seconds flat when your shitty blue stats unfortunately make you the best least bad player on your team.

When I get my blue-self in a battle against a single purple while playing a tank that is flexible and of equal tier I tend to go to the spot I think the purple will go and try to engage him without suiciding to get him. Even if he's better and kills me I will often be able to make him pay a heavy price, allowing my team to pick up the slack and do the two-ish hits on him needed and win the game. Sometimes I even get nice teammates that follow the lead and zerg the purple at a good moment when he's overextended and with little support going to his "usual" spot without his "usual" platoon mates to cover him and kill him fast without taking too much damage.

None of that works when the purple is in a platoon with a couple of equally purple friends. In those games, assuming I'm in a relatively mobile tank, I try to avoid the area where I would expect the purples to go, and set off to at the very least farm some damage off their team before losing, or perhaps get a sneaky cap-win if the enemy team decided to lemming with the purples. Engaging a platoon of purples while not in a platoon is a recipe for being focused on and gunned down in six seconds flat when your shitty blue stats unfortunately make you the best least bad player on your team.

Very early on when playing WoT, I got into a tier 8 game in my Hellcat. The enemy team had a unicum in a Roomba and it was Karelia assault mode and they were defending. Things were stalled and we were losing. I pulled a completely potato move and drove thru the middle into their base. Somehow, I was unspotted. I killed their unicum. And in my ignorance, I thought I was Billy Bad-Ass. Ironically, me killing him quite literally seemed to take the fight out of the enemy team. I'm pretty sure they were all expecting their pet unicum to carry them all to victory and seeing him killed by a herp-a-derp hellcat made them all painfully aware of their own mortality.

This reminds me of a battle a few days ago where I was in a full Bulls platoon and we had a full -G- platoon on our side. It was like a hands down victory before it even started... you would think at least.

Immediately, a pair of allied dumbasses in an E50M platoon thought it would be a great idea to go and suicide over the southern hill (Airfield was the map). We are now down by two Tier 10 tanks. Then, some other dumbass in a T57 is afk. Down three Tier 10 tanks in the first 2 minutes. As the battle progresses, we lose a few extra tanks... including one from Bulls and -G- each. At some point, we were down to only 5 tanks against their 9 or 10-ish.

The way this is relevant to this thread is that the enemy team had players complaining about uniscum platoons throughout the battle. Had they simply STFU'ed and focused, they could have won. It was an epic carry and we managed to win it. Their bitching led them to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

This reminds me of a battle a few days ago where I was in a full Bulls platoon and we had a full -G- platoon on our side.

I think I was in that game on the other team or one like it recently.  Granted, it's a bit dismaying to see a purple platoon on the other team and when over a third of the enemy is purple and I'm among the best on my team...

meg-ryan.gif

I've never just given up though.  That's not in me.

I think I was in that game on the other team or one like it recently.  Granted, it's a bit dismaying to see a purple platoon on the other team and when over a third of the enemy is purple and I'm among the best on my team...

I've never just given up though.  That's not in me.

Me neither. I still have WN8 to pad and credits to make.

I played on a pub team with Garbad once, I o7'ed him with no response. He died fairly early after doing considerable damage and preceded to berate all of us. Good times.

I think this is a garbad encounter, but it could have been some other deep purple, well known streamer. I'll go with garbad.

T10 game, we have garbad with two purples in his platoon. I quickly turn on his stream before game begins to listen in, taking into account 20 second delay. 

Entire team goes one way, platoon goes the other, I follow platoon. They push harder than I would if my tank was invincible. I try to keep up, taking shots, but they steamroll the opposition. Eventually all three die, and the other flank has fallen. I get eaten up, while listening to the live stream discuss what a huge piece of shit I am. For over 20 seconds. I can still hear them, their voices loudest in my head in the hours before dawn. 

I think this is a garbad encounter, but it could have been some other deep purple, well known streamer. I'll go with garbad.

T10 game, we have garbad with two purples in his platoon. I quickly turn on his stream before game begins to listen in, taking into account 20 second delay. 

Entire team goes one way, platoon goes the other, I follow platoon. They push harder than I would if my tank was invincible. I try to keep up, taking shots, but they steamroll the opposition. Eventually all three die, and the other flank has fallen. I get eaten up, while listening to the live stream discuss what a huge piece of shit I am. For over 20 seconds. I can still hear them, their voices loudest in my head in the hours before dawn. 

I remember very clearly thinking what a piece of shit you are.  I meant every word.

P.S.  But I don't stream, so it wasn't me.  This time.

This reminds me of a battle a few days ago where I was in a full Bulls platoon and we had a full -G- platoon on our side. It was like a hands down victory before it even started... you would think at least.

Immediately, a pair of allied dumbasses in an E50M platoon thought it would be a great idea to go and suicide over the southern hill (Airfield was the map). We are now down by two Tier 10 tanks. Then, some other dumbass in a T57 is afk. Down three Tier 10 tanks in the first 2 minutes. As the battle progresses, we lose a few extra tanks... including one from Bulls and -G- each. At some point, we were down to only 5 tanks against their 9 or 10-ish.

The way this is relevant to this thread is that the enemy team had players complaining about uniscum platoons throughout the battle. Had they simply STFU'ed and focused, they could have won. It was an epic carry and we managed to win it. Their bitching led them to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory.

Reminds me of a match a couple weeks ago. I was in a triple relic platoon in tier X cancer. We got a triple CHAI platoon in tier X tanks. We just asked where they were going, supported the CHAI push, and the enemy team evaporated in about 2 minutes.

Something something, T57 engine deck, stop camping on the move bro.

You see it go a lot of different ways.  You often see:

- OMG dey unica.  Better hard camp and literally never move.

Stronking with the AWFUL boys this happens all the friggin time (as I am sure people can attest).  We did a patented Nordic AWFUL center rush on El Halluf a couple days ago.  nobody gets spotted, and we basically caught them pants down in mid-camp preparation in the A-9 quadrant (IE their pants were so full of turds they couldn't even assume a camping position)  These are some of the only times I feel like a "good" player- seeing the fear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm0C0d45yqA

You're probably doing it wrong. "Playing conservatively" aka camping is something purples get a LOT of practice beating. Literally every green hard camps against us, in pubs or stronks or what have you. Watch G streams and you will see that virtually never works, but sometimes the 15 man otterloader rush or cap fast does.

What's interesting is that often the aggressive moves by a unica platoon can get them over extended slightly and usually their allies take a beating following. There is then a small window where the opposing team actually has an advantage that is almost always wasted by further camping and "holding on" gameplay. I've seen it so many times. You can often see your winning advantage just slip through your fingers...

Last time I met a unica platoon I was in my IS-6 against their platoon of the same. I took the risk to leave the heavy brawl (I knew I wouldn't beat them in a straight up fight) and I charged down the opposite flank using every scrap of cover and managed to destroy their meds and lights on that flank. Let the pubbies go chase arty kills while I crossed the map to climb up their backsides.

One offered me a "gj IS-6" and the other called me a gold noob because you bet your arse I spremmed them when I met them.

Moral of the story, adapt, overcome and if you can't fight them head on then roll the other flank and win as hard and fast as you can so you can crush them under a sea of pubbies on bloodlust after killing their arty.