A_Chodeful

M46 Patton No Expenses Spared: 72% WR - 4006 DPG - 7800 WN8 Solo

This was just an experiment to see what would happen if I maxed out my loadout with all premium consumables and APCR like sela. 

I'm gonna be blasting through 200 games in 3 days so that I can quickly uninstall this game and get back on with my life for a month or so before re-installing. 

-

30 Replayshttps://www.mediafire.com/?gvbsrqgzog0c8m5

10 Replayshttps://www.mediafire.com/?zzsl58xhs7cg8ch

20 Replayshttps://www.mediafire.com/?qk3njzf07g2aq93

113 Replayshttps://www.mediafire.com/?8sd10t4rz863cax

If you watch through, you'll see that I fuck up alot during clean-up stages, costing me about a shot every other game - moreover, they were all easily avoidable mistakes (like not exposing myself while the enemy was still reloading). 

Also, I played the first 15 games with the torsion bars since I didn't free-exp tracks first (retarded), so add about 50-100 DPG to whatever this is.

Stats

GHP0w4V.png

General Opinion

• Gun handling's pretty orgasmic, you just auto-aim anything a few hundred meters away in a snap-shot and the Patton hits - this makes it amazing for taking down scouts and getting the auto-aim in ahead of everyone during clean-up stages
  • Armor is really fucking thin, turret unreliable
  • 265mm ACPR is great, but doesn't quite have the ball-busting head-on penetration of WZ111-1-4/M103 HEAT rounds, so that eliminates the ease of snapshotting certain T10 heavies and tanks like E75/ST1
  • Mobility is very very nice, cruising at high 40s all the time, and agility is very high (don't be mislead by raw stats, neutral steer is what makes it turn so tight even at low speeds)
  • 410 view ranges means I can just load vents, food, and some vision perks + bia and not lose alot from the lack of optics (except for penetrating light tank camouflage)
  • I don't pay attention to this but, it feels like it climbs hills very well for some reason
  • It's no E50 (I got 4000-4500 in the first 30 games I played in it), but it can hold its own with APCR
  • Also, this thing is an insane WN8 farmer

TDd0pYi.png

kWCCahv.png

A third of the games you see above are in shitty quick games I played in STA-2 to farm some credits. 

So in other words, Patton has about 7k+ WN8 in the past 125 games I've played in it. 

What was your old school patton dpg?  And how does this compare to your e50/t54/t54e1?

3000, but it's worth noting that I kill-stole alot, so I saved shots until targets were near dead - so it would be closer to 3300/3400, but this was back when Patton still had 7.5 RoF and better handling - and when I was in my prime. 

Further note about my prime: these days I just let a chinese guy in shanghai grind most of my games and play only the tanks I want (any tanks I've made a 30 replay pack post in general) - so I'm very irregular these days (like 800 of my 30 day games aren't even mine).

-

E50 first 30 games with pure APCR spam is about 4000-4250 DPG (I made a wotlab post about it about a year ago)

T54 HEATspam is about 3800-3900 for 30 game stretch (it's a locked thread on official forums) 

T54E1 first 30 games with pure APCR spam is about 4000 DPG (made a post on wotlabs too) 

So my Patton first 30 games are the worst of my T9s by a noticeable margin, DPG on par with heavies like M103/WZ111-1-4, but it's still pretty good. 

• Mobility is very very nice, cruising at high 40s all the time, and agility is very high (don't be mislead by raw stats, neutral steer is what makes it turn so fast even at low speeds)

Pivot turn doesn't mean a tank turns faster, it just means it can turn on the spot.

The M46 turns so fast because its stock engine is so piss-ass weak, and suspension traverse stats are based on the stock engine, not the top engine.

M46 top engine turning speed=820/560 x 38=55.6 deg/sec

T-54 is 54.2 deg/sec for comparison, which probably explains why it didn't seem any more agile than my Patton when I played it.

Pivot turn doesn't mean a tank turns faster, it just means it can turn on the spot.

The M46 turns so fast because its stock engine is so piss-ass weak, and suspension traverse stats are based on the stock engine, not the top engine.

M46 top engine turning speed=820/560 x 38=55.6 deg/sec

T-54 is 54.2 deg/sec for comparison, which probably explains why it didn't seem any more agile than my Patton when I played it.

My bad, turn "tight", not fast. 

You can't pull off the sort of controlled turns M46 can in the T54 without that neutral steer. 

You say you suck at mediums and now you pull this shit on me? (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

You say you suck at mediums and now you pull this shit on me? (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻

I said I suck at mediums now comparatively to what I used to be able to do in them when I still played tanks regularly. 

I said I suck at mediums now comparatively to what I used to be able to do in them when I still played tanks regularly. 

So #M46MasterRace because you were able to do almost as well in it while you were "bad" as you were in your other meds when you were gud. :3

Out of sheer curiosity, how good is this "Shangai grinder"? He seems to still be pretty good, or else you'd be much lower stats-wise.

Also, why do you think the DPG is lower in the M46's case? Is it because the lack of armor disallows getting clutch bounces on the turret?

Out of sheer curiosity, how good is this "Shangai grinder"? He seems to still be pretty good, or else you'd be much lower stats-wise.

Very (by standards of average), he's actually someone who played in NA as a transfer student then had to move back to Shanghai.

Gets about 1.8K DPG on T8 meds with SEA-levels of ping. 

He plays on NA west. 

So, how was your T49 DPG doing?

So it was fucking you. 

Maybe it was, or maybe it was just a little birdie.

But you'll never know.

Also, the ShangHai guy, HeartMiner?

No, he actually never interacted with anyone, just plodded on in-game solo for a few thousand battles. 

Color me more than impressed. Fantastic tenk in the hands of a fantastic player

MaxL: "Why the fuck wont Kewie get on TS?"

Garb: "Hes deaf."

MaxL: "...."

Favorite steam moment, fwiw

Color me more than impressed. Fantastic tenk in the hands of a fantastic player

MaxL: "Why the fuck wont Kewie get on TS?"

Garb: "Hes deaf."

MaxL: "...."

Favorite steam moment, fwiw

Who was streaming? always looking for new streams to watch.