Unrelated but for DD (and IJN CL/CA) captains, there's a torp launcher option with 0 spread.

Firing the torps individually, one by one. Hold down alt while in torp aiming mode and watch the magic happen.

Source:

https://thearmoredpatrol.wordpress.com/2015/06/12/wows-the-hidden-controls/#more-2030

Definitely. Currently on phone, but will throw up a pack. Currently at 38 games WL record of 31-7 (82%), 108.2k dpg, 34% main gun hit rate.

Here's one decent game I recorded and uploaded, ~140k AP damage IIRC (might have posted it before, don't really care). IMO it highlights the speed and accurate guns of the Iowa.

This was a soul-crushing loss...

120k dmg in a T5 CL...

Our yuubari was retarded and refused to cap (was chasing the enemy CV the entire game), so what could've been a win became a pretty piss poor loss...

1y239Bx.jpg

9IR9HYv.jpg

Wish I had the replays working so I could have gone back and taken a screenshot of it but I was platooned with How_Terrible, both of us in our Amagis and I fired off all 5 turrets against an enemy Nagato who gave me his broadside at about 6 km and I hit him with 4 citadels and a few other shells and did over 50k and sunk him.  My best hit to date.

Oh god flametz, please use AP on St Louises, 44 hits to kill one makes my soul shrivel up...

Half of those hits were AP.

0 dmg 0 dmg 0 dmg 0 dmg 0dmg FUCK THIS HE TIME. rip sanity.

I finally finished my Iowa "grind" (AKA not a grind at all, it's a great ship).  All replays are uploaded, including likely a few fail games in there somewhere.  I free xp'd the hulls, but did the entire set with the stock FCS, as I felt no need to shoot beyond 21.2 km with my current playstyle.  Stats for the grind:

JpfLiyq.png

replay pack:  https://www.mediafire.com/?wmy5l57d52dg7up

I'm more impressed by that W/R more than anything

80%

Holy shit.

How hard did you lead your pubs to get those wins?

Oh god flametz, please use AP on St Louises, 44 hits to kill one makes my soul shrivel up...

Also, the 152mm on the Murmansk/Omaha have terribad AP penetration (think aurora).

ran a training room running full AP against a saint louis, and 80% AP on a Wyoming (gave up halfway through and started flinging HE to speed the process up.)

moqL7xg.jpg

Trying to fire AP out of this is like firing AP out of the 10.5cm derp gun on the Pz IV. Citadel hits be damned if you can't even penetrate the hull itself, even if firing below the waterline.

edit:

compared to the 140mm on Iwaki and Yuubari, the performance of AP seems to be almost the same. Essentially: CL = fuck AP

Got the replay?

Testing replay, or the replay of the fail carry?

edit: fuckkkkkkkkk replay wasn't enabled in preferences. RIP

If testing, here's a better one. First half (Bot_1) was in "ideal" range (2-5km) for AP, but showed the odd trajectory of the shells.

2nd half (Bot_2) was the range i was engaging the saint louis in the fail carry game:

TSVo8YI.jpg

xBrKWrU.jpg

47 hits. 47 @ 7.9km. RIP.

Not pictures, but I got first blood in a Colorado, against an Nagato, within the first two or three minutes. Idiot was one of those that decided it was worthwhile reversing. Five citadels in two volley's later...

My Iowa love grows...

shot-15.06.20_22.31.14-0909_zpsehzu8lfi.

shot-15.06.20_22.32.34-0758_zpszw6ox2q5.

Wish I had the replay...  Caught the enemy Iowa being a dumbpub.  He parked to get a better shot on me.  My volley tagged him 8 times, 5 citadels, 1 dead Iowa.  Yeah, 1 volleyed a T9 BB.  

You win Octavia - never seen an individual performance that incredible so far.  What was the MM for both sides?