15 hours ago, map381 said:

dat damage....were you top tier?

Yeah I was, which might dampen the result a bit. Still was hella close with an 8 point difference by the time the match ended.

Not a huge damage game by any means, especially for a tier ten battleship, but the game only lasted eleven and a half minutes. Most fun I've ever had in a Montana to this point. Coincidence how a game with only one destroyer on each team turned out to be fun? I'm thinking not.

Going Hard In The Montana For a Kraken

gCh6nWz.jpggwapX4A.jpgBfH9SIL.jpgqNHKVOZ.jpg

Yeah, just broke my average damage record in the Gremy - 6 games with average over 80k - 5 losses though.

Then played the Tashkent and was the plaything of the whole enemy team, only got 40k damage but a win.

THEN realized that there is a kill n ships of x nation and EVERYONE needs the russians done. Literally all the enemy team did stop whatevery they were doing the very second I showed up. And I want to buy the Udaloi on discount today with 20k exp still to go...

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 6:15 PM, Rodrigopine said:

the derp is strong this weekend. Last night was a horror show.

After Friday night I just gave up on ships and went and played My Summer Car instead. Not all teams were bad but the ones who were, cripes a'mighty.

So, after a pretty terrible week-end (WoWs included), and a raaaaather tense day, everything is forgotten ;

RiFBCW1.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/QcCAnYi.jpg

First gameover 200k. I guess I can thank our Gneisenau clearing the skies thus. Or maybe simply their hiryu suiciding entire waves of planes on the Gneisenau. Generally, they were downright terrible.

Ended the game having put the Bayern down to 1.5K health and with 15 seconds till the reload.

I feel even worse now after seeing that. My highest damage record is still only 215K and that was in the Shimakaze. Haven't brought my Yamato out for many months now because I never decided on what build I wanted on it (that, and the fact that I've REALLY been enjoying the Montana lately for some reason). Think I better just bite the bullet, spend some credits on secondary upgrades, and spend doubloons retraining my captain for a secondary build so I can start going for a better personal high damage record.

On 11/22/2016 at 3:16 AM, RollerCoaster47 said:

I feel even worse now after seeing that. My highest damage record is still only 215K and that was in the Shimakaze. Haven't brought my Yamato out for many months now because I never decided on what build I wanted on it (that, and the fact that I've REALLY been enjoying the Montana lately for some reason). Think I better just bite the bullet, spend some credits on secondary upgrades, and spend doubloons retraining my captain for a secondary build so I can start going for a better personal high damage record.

I have gotten so many 190k dmg games yet I can never break the 200k mark, its almost like a curse

3 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

Damn, I was all excited that I finally set a new personal damage record, until I came on here and saw that. In any case:

New Personal Damage Record Gearing 241K

is the Gearing worth upgrading from Fletcher, only 100k away but not sure

3 hours ago, Crossfader said:

is the Gearing worth upgrading from Fletcher, only 100k away but not sure

I mean, it's a slight improvement over the Fletcher I guess, primarily the guns, but tier for tier the Fletcher is better. The Fletcher has better torpedoes, less range, but harder hitting and faster reload, plus you don't use the extra range on the Gearing torpedoes all that much anyway. Fletcher also has 0.1 km better detection range, 0.5 knots faster. Also, the Fletcher has MORE range than the Gearing and is more maneuverable. I upgraded simply because it's another tier ten to add to my port, but I still prefer the Fletcher over it.

I actually wasn't using the torpedo acceleration skill in that game (I'm waiting for the crew skill overhaul where we get to reset them for free rather than spend 450 doubloons) but the Gearing is one of the few destroyers where I would definitely recommend it and will switch to it in the future. You don't need 16.5 km range, 13.2 is fine with 71 knots speed.

3 hours ago, RollerCoaster47 said:

I actually wasn't using the torpedo acceleration skill in that game (I'm waiting for the crew skill overhaul where we get to reset them for free rather than spend 450 doubloons) but the Gearing is one of the few destroyers where I would definitely recommend it and will switch to it in the future. You don't need 16.5 km range, 13.2 is fine with 71 knots speed.

thing is, i really like having vigilance plus SI, since you sit in smoke so often... kinda stupid game design where to have better torps on your tier X you need to take a skill...

I am absolutely loving the Pensacola, even stock her AP is just plain rocking other ships. I had one bad game earlier where I over extended myself and paid for it but like the Cleveland once you get into that sweet zone but unlike the Cleveland the Pepsi guns actually do something. I just wish the AA wasn't so useless stock

shot-16.12.11_22.45.42-0381_zpsyca7bcuz.

shot-16.12.11_22.45.58-0282_zpsx0rq8wn1.

I'm only up to tier 3 boats so far but the game is rather relaxing compared to tanks.  I did have 2 high caliber medal games last night though.  So I've got that going for me which is nice.

1 hour ago, Ruestir said:

I'm only up to tier 3 boats so far but the game is rather relaxing compared to tanks.  I did have 2 high caliber medal games last night though.  So I've got that going for me which is nice.

Nice !

I've found WOWS far more relaxing than WOT also

14 hours ago, xWulffx said:

Nice !

I've found WOWS far more relaxing than WOT also

Not typical for me though I should say.  While it's easy to get wins I'm still on the struggle bus to consistently get more than about 8k damage/game.

1 hour ago, Ruestir said:

Not typical for me though I should say.  While it's easy to get wins I'm still on the struggle bus to consistently get more than about 8k damage/game.

Have at look at flamu's low tier guides (and then the rest of his content): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1NRuAJjSDRhtTDppWlBL-f4rAxk7uMzp

It helped me alot.

iChase have some nice guides too: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRQa0D7yVpc05KETkgPsyZHIRZd980cO

I would start from there. Best of luck :)

Though I had a rough start to the game in Japanese cruisers, I think that I've made a decent start so far. My stats for reference: https://eu.warships.today/player/500812028/Birkovic

1 hour ago, Birkovic said:

Have at look at flamu's low tier guides (and then the rest of his content): https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL1NRuAJjSDRhtTDppWlBL-f4rAxk7uMzp

It helped me alot.

iChase have some nice guides too: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoRQa0D7yVpc05KETkgPsyZHIRZd980cO

I would start from there. Best of luck :)

Though I had a rough start to the game in Japanese cruisers, I think that I've made a decent start so far. My stats for reference: https://eu.warships.today/player/500812028/Birkovic

Thanks! I'll check that out!