Nalok

WZ-111 woes... help?

So I ended up just over halfway grinding this and was looking for a t8 heavy prem so bought 3 tokens getting it. I figured it'd be like is-7 meets is-6, Barry White in the background, and the wz-111 is conceived.

But I can't make it work. IMO the gun is horrible and inaccurate, coupled with HEAT prem and slow aimtime driving me nuts. I have played quite a few Russian tanks with the 122 but none feel so horrible as this..

Armor is okay but even when hiding the LFP I seem to get penned through one of the cupolas more than I'd like. And if you're caught in the open somehow exposing the LFP everything goes through, not to mention getting ammo racked.

I need one more girl crew for BIA to kick in which might help a bit but still..

Am I better of selling it for an is-6? Or can someone enlighten me on how to not suck?

WZ-111 is better than the IS6 :-p

Id be more than happy to get you some replays in this bad boy here soon. At bare minimum, you need to hide the LFP. Idealy, you're hull down and about 50-100 meters away from the enemy and just bully the living crap out of them. 

Idealy, you're hull down and about 50-100 meters away from the enemy and just bully the living crap out of them.

^^

A lot of people I hear complain about the 111 are trying to play it like an IS6, which it isn't. You really have to tailor your playstyle in it to suit it's strengths and hide its weaknesses, which means close range brawling while twerking your turret and hiding that front plate.

The lower plate is really the only major issue. At short ranges, your hatches become a problem as well. This is a sign that you are either too close, too stationary or too in the open. Beyond that, the tanks is very tough and I don't feel that I'm fighting the gun most of the time.

^^

A lot of people I hear complain about the 111 are trying to play it like an IS6, which it isn't. You really have to tailor your playstyle in it to suit it's strengths and hide its weaknesses, which means close range brawling while "twerking" your turret and hiding that front plate.

lel. is that what we're gonna call it now. twerk dem wz 111 buns on top. XD

a good crew and proper equipment are key to using this tank. i had a 91% is2 crew when i got it and then got some female crews so i just sent the male ones to the barracks and its pretty good SOS and the gunner and driver perks. I think i do just shy of 2k a game.

I do pretty well with it and I'm a decidedly average player. I don't sell premium tanks ever. I'd rather leave it to collect dust and play it now and then.

^^

A lot of people I hear complain about the 111 are trying to play it like an IS6, which it isn't. You really have to tailor your playstyle in it to suit it's strengths and hide its weaknesses, which means close range brawling while twerking your turret and hiding that front plate.

This is your turret

anigif_enhanced-buzz-10640-1369332884-25

Heres a recent replay, I just bully

Thanks! I'll have a look when I get back home. Good vids as well btw!

I can upload a chunk of replays if you would like.

Yes please.

It's not easy to find place to hide LFP every map with -5 gun depressing. Pike nose is bad for sidescrape due to shoulder exposure. Twerking your turret will make your aiming time even longer with it's derpy gun. I need help too.

It's not easy to find place to hide LFP every map with -5 gun depressing. Pike nose is bad for sidescrape due to shoulder exposure. Twerking your turret will make your aiming time even longer with it's derpy gun. I need help too.

Actually, the armor you're thinking about is still about 200mm effective even when side-scraping. 

Reverse sidescrape and laugh your tits off as pubbies fail to pen you. It's the win button on this tank because it hides the sidescraping weakspots (the shoulders and that funny spur behind the third-from-rear roadwheel) and you still have the blackhole spaced armour to fuck with people.

And yeah the gun is troll as fuck. Fire judicious prem. The HEAT round is actually kind of good (being able to punch through T28/prots frontally is fun) and makes profit as long as you pen it. Besides, you want to be close in this.

Heres a recent replay, I just bully

I must say this has already helped me quite a bit. I tried to hide back and sidescrape, getting hit in the cupolas or lower glacis because people pre-aimed/focussed on where I'd peek out. It also took far too long to aim from further away with the derpy gun.

I now just basically push up to their faces wherever I can and never sit still and they just don't know what to do anymore! They can't hit the LFP due to the angle and the cupolas due to the movement.

I also only just (nearly 15k battles....) found out about triple overmatch and man... between the 250 heat pen and overmatching roofs this thing becomes pretty awesome.

Thanks for the help!

So as I'm slowly getting the hang of this beast (58% WR up from 50%) I was wondering about equipment. I have an all girl crew so free BiA, snap shot on the gunner, and they're about to hit 100% on the 2nd skill (repairs).

I've got a rammer and to offset the horrible gun handling I'm running a GLD and vstab. What do you guys run on it? Food isn't an option for me btw.

So as I'm slowly getting the hang of this beast (58% WR up from 50%) I was wondering about equipment. I have an all girl crew so free BiA, snap shot on the gunner, and they're about to hit 100% on the 2nd skill (repairs).

I've got a rammer and to offset the horrible gun handling I'm running a GLD and vstab. What do you guys run on it? Food isn't an option for me btw.

Make sure you get both the gun handling skills (driver and gunner) other than that you're set. you can swap a gld for vents if you want a bit faster reload and better dispersion vs a faster aim time