Question

Preface and Disclaimer:

I've done a lot of things in WoT, and I don't think what I am asking about here should be the goal for many or most players. However I've averaged 1,000 xpg across all classes (except SPGs of course) for the last 10k+ battles and can play every tank in my garage at unicum level (except the E-100). I can scout, flank, brawl, and I know when to play defensive, when to push and when to trade hp. So I think its safe to say that I've got the basics down 

The problem:

But what I cannot do is....rack up damage to get 3 MoEs or 4k WN8 (over a sustained period) even with sustained effort and the goal of doing so.

Now, as for 4k WN8, I realize that this is completely arbitrary and heavily tank based - its a terrible per tank metric, and many tanks will never make it to 4k*, but I am seeing 4k as the proxy for my 3 MoE goals because when I play a 4k session, thats when I see progress on spiking my MoE % towards 95%. However its also a limitation of my play historically, and so I want to grasp the playstyle of "damage whore" much like I've grasped other aspects of the game. 

I have gotten 3 MoE on 2 tanks thus far: the Super Pershing and the M46 Patton. The Super Pershing was very easy, I guess there's simply a ton of pubbies who never ever shoot APCR. And I actually have no idea how the M46 happened, I just take the M46 out sometimes when I want to roll people, and one day I had a big game and got 3 MoE. I never looked at my MoE % because I just assumed it was in the 88-92% territory like all the other tanks I really have tried to get 3 on. 

The goal:

I sit in 88-92% limbo in so many of my tanks, all my 10s except the RU meds and the E-100 are there. I'd like to get 3rd MoEs on a handful of them, or even just 2 marks on the RU meds.

Things I've done so far:

In talking with jacg about this, I've adopted two things that allow me to hang around the lower 90s more consistently...specifically being obsessive about track shots to get assisted damage and doing the "nearly suicide then stay alive" to make sure I'm getting good assisted damage off spotting but also around for clean-up. Both have helped me sit in the low 90s with more regularity. 

Questions:

Are there other strategies I am missing for damage whoring? Obviously I need to watch more Kewei replays and work on being the guy who doesn't get shot at. I've actually had some progress on that, although its hard to tell how much is from concious effort vs not having a -G- tag on. 

Are optics a must? Does the passive boost from that extra view help, even on the HTs like the E5 and IS-7?

Do i need to suck it up and just spam prem for a period of time to make the extra pens to push into 3 MoE territory?

What else might I be missing?

*M46 and E50 are over 4k, so are a handful of LTs

I just stop at two, I tried getting E100 third moe for about a year now (or whenever they came out ) and have plateaued at 92% 

So instead I have two moe on M53/55 T92 E100 E5 T57 Batchat IS3 KV5 and simply proves how bad at tanks i am ;)

Got my 3rd on the IS4 earlier today(4.2k dpg). Came close to uninstalling on a few occasions but yes, consistency is key.

The batchat on the other hand.. fml it's impossible

Don't play for the moe, I got mine on the t32 and didn't even notice it until I was 98% moe. Just play as you normally would, to the best of your ability. Also, a topic was already made on this, can we bin it?

The way the formula goes is like this: one bad game knocks off two good games, one good game knocks off two bad games.  Marks are all about consistency, you need to cut out the low dmg games.  Of course they still happen, but they need to be much fewer and far between what your session above looks like.

And for the 62a specifically you need ~4500 dmg combined and remember the formula only uses max{assist via track, assist via spot} not the total assisted dmg in a match.  Your session above averages out to about 3.5k so it's not really going to break the low 90s barrier.

As a little piece of advice, don't constantly check the mark %, just play the tank like you normally would.  If you have 2-3 bad games just play something else for the day.

Words of wisdom, listen to them.

I was reading this post and have a few questions.

1. You state that you that using a twitch shooter to sharpen aim and that you use CSDM. Where can I find this software or mod and what does CSDM mean? Is it a concept or mod tool?
2. What are your tactic on initial deployment? I'm trying to figure out how to "farm" damage and then learn how to exploit weak spots or create my own.

Thanks so much for your time:)

I was reading this post and have a few questions.

1. You state that you that using a twitch shooter to sharpen aim and that you use CSDM. Where can I find this software or mod and what does CSDM mean? Is it a concept or mod tool?

2. What are your tactic on initial deployment? I'm trying to figure out how to "farm" damage and then learn how to exploit weak spots or create my own.

Thanks so much for your time:)

CSDM is as far as I know just Counter-Strike played on a deathmatch server.

In regards to second point: I think it has already been discussed in this thread, if you go digging a bit :)

So this topic succeeded. I was able to get 3 MoE on 2 tier X tanks after about 6 weeks of work. I netted the T110E5 and Bat25t, which I think speaks to mastering different styles and roles, with 1 standard fire HT and 1 auto loader LT/MT.

Congrats Crab (late I know)!

Can you share what your set up was with the Batchat while you were in pure focus mode? What crew skills, ammo load out and modules were in use? Thanks!

I hope this is okay, but I'm gonna hijack this thread and ask a slightly relevant question.

Do you guys know anyone who has 3 marks on the STB? I've heard it's notoriously hard.

I hope this is okay, but I'm gonna hijack this thread and ask a slightly relevant question.

Do you guys know anyone who has 3 marks on the STB? I've heard it's notoriously hard.

HoHoHaHee from CHAI has 3 STB marks. 3.4k dpg and 900 spotting historical/overall. I believe it's something close to the 907 in terms of reqs. Like 4.7k~ + combined? It and the 907 seem to trade spots with which is harder to 3 mark.

EDIT: Kewei literally JUST threw up a batch of replays of him playing STB-1, which he has gotten 3 marks on.

For try hard mode I used gld, optics and vert stab. Large repair, large med kit and coffee. I had 4 skills and no repair. Brothers in arms. Sixth, snap and smooth. Situational awareness, designated target and clutch braking. And camo was in the high 90s. I've since rolled into repairs which is nice.

For ammo I ran 5 heat and 25 apcr.

>twitch shooter

>BF3

U WOT M8?

#triggered

I really don't think aiming is one of the difficult to master core skills of being particularly good at WoT. If you have trouble with a game as slow as this then your hand eye coordination must be terrible beyond help.

I usually play TDM.

I wouldn't say its a core skill, but its something that can push you up just a little bit, remember we are talking about the top limits in terms of skill here. Take a player and clone him, then make one play BF/CoD/CS for 6 months while the other faps. Then get them to play WoT and I'm pretty sure the twitch shooter will be making more shots, despite them both playing the exact same way.