Canadian_Reaper

Using the 90mm on the T29?

Does anyone do this?

Liked the M1, having the same size tank at T6 made me hate the M6 so much I free XP'd to the T29, and didn't have enough free XP left to unlock the 105mm.

So far though, the rate of fire (and liberal use of APCR) is keeping me at over 2K damage a game.

Is it worth (on the t29-T32 will be a different story I imagine) rushing to unlock the 105, or do any of you just use the 90MM for this tank?

I used the 90mm on T32, I prefer it to the 105mm. Then again, I also spammed 100% APCR so really it is just like a better armored Spershing when using the 90mm.

I used the 90mm on T32, I prefer it to the 105mm. Then again, I also spammed 100% APCR so really it is just like a better armored Spershing when using the 90mm.

I would take the Super Pershing's armor any day over the T29 or T32,, You would be amazed at how many pubbies have no idea how to pen it.

t29 actually has acceptable hull armor for its tier but yeah super pershing is annoying to pen at distance.

Is it worth (on the t29-T32 will be a different story I imagine) rushing to unlock the 105, or do any of you just use the 90MM for this tank?

idk what you mean by rushing to the 105, but the 90mm works fine on the T29. The 105 is probably better imo, but you don't give up that much by running the 90.

You'd probably trade a lot differently, but not necessarily worse. When you can hull down, it doesn't make that much of a difference. When you're not, the 90 can probably trade 2 for 1 a lot of the time when you're fighitng 1 tank, so it's not so bad. Problems arise when you're fighting 2 or more tanks and you're not hull down - you'd have to expose more to actually get your dpm out. Or have a platoonmate to share hp with, or something.

T29+90MM+COLA+APCR is the most fucking amazingly annoyingly awesome tank in the game. Like, seriously. If I had unlimited credits this might be the only thing I would ever do

idk what you mean by rushing to the 105, but the 90mm works fine on the T29. The 105 is probably better imo, but you don't give up that much by running the 90.

You'd probably trade a lot differently, but not necessarily worse. When you can hull down, it doesn't make that much of a difference. When you're not, the 90 can probably trade 2 for 1 a lot of the time when you're fighitng 1 tank, so it's not so bad. Problems arise when you're fighting 2 or more tanks and you're not hull down - you'd have to expose more to actually get your dpm out. Or have a platoonmate to share hp with, or something.

Thanks, make sense,

Meant I have engines (both) and the 105 left to unlock, personally I'd rather have a little more mobility than the 105, but wasn't sure if i was gimping myself.

I find (for me) the 100MM works far better than the 122 on the IS ( I know the BL9 is what to use on the IS-3) , more accurate, and teh reload time and DPM seems to surprise a lot of players.

But I use the speed of the IS (such as it is) , wasn't sure how well it would work with the T-29.

T29+90MM+COLA+APCR is the most fucking amazingly annoyingly awesome tank in the game. Like, seriously. If I had unlimited credits this might be the only thing I would ever do

LOL thanks, I *think* I can afford to run it with APCR, pretty sure adding COLA would have me broke.

I run the 90mm on the t29 with cola sometimes. It's fun. Check veril's stats to see what can be done with a full apcr 90mm t29. I think 105 alpha is still better for the cost and grind but you won't be handicapped using the smaller gun.

90mm on both the T29 and T32 are popular skirmish setups... Especially on maps with open areas. The DPM and gun handling are a vast improvement over the 105mm. And, with APCR, you lose... like, 1mm or penetration or something?

The only time the 105mm is superior is if you are required to really limit exposure. But with those turrets, you can usually always find a place to hull-down and DPM shit away.

So do you think this out be a good setup to MOE hunt with?

I already addicted 90mm APCR on the T20. Don't make me addicted on the T29!

If You are planning on throwing shitloads of money on it, 90mm is vastly superior, if You gear up for snapshotting, use according skills, food etc. it´s a killer, but imo limiting exposure > all in pubs. T29´s weakspot(s) are so widely known that Your cupola is gonna get raped all the time while you´re trying to sustain Your amazing dpm. 90mm is also great when you get rushed by some medium or light tank, which often happens in T7-8 pubs. Oh and a lot of people with rather large HP pools will not tend to hide from 240 alpha, compared to the 320 one = moar food for u :)

Alpha loss in exchange for gun handling & DPM... It would be better (long range, weakspots, hull-down) / worse (not hull-down peek-a-boom) depending on situation.

In my opinion, T29 can use the alpha better. You don't need extra advantages when hulldown.

I already addicted 90mm APCR on the T20. Don't make me addicted on the T29!

Don't worry, wargaming plan B: Grind AMX 13 90 for AMX 30B. Your credits belong to serb.

90mm APCR spam on the T29 is MachoMan approved.

The 'Murican 90mm tanks at tiers 6-8 are like cream. And the cream will rise to the top.

Skipping the M6? What. The. FUCK.

Don't know- I loved the T1, but could not make the M6 work. Good tank, amazing gun for the tier, but just couldn't make the lack of armor work I think.

Seems to be an issue with me, also having problems with the FCM50T and 50-100, both obviosuly amazing tanks, but definitely support.

All that being said- thanks for the opinions all!

Unlocked the 105, and while I (vastly) prefer the 90MM, the 105 lets me use AP ammo .

Got to save some credits if I want some of these higher tier tanks people keep talking about...

FCM 50t is epic... 50 100 I have issues as well... sometimes it's hard to get a position where you can actually clip and reload.. especially with teams nowadays... teams *sigh*... meat shields won't go take a hit and just camp around a corner while everything falls... 

Hate to bring this one back up but I just got the 105 for my T29 and I'm thinking of going back to the 90mm. The gun handling sucks compared to the 90mm which mixed with the current RNG makes for some frustrating misses especially when I'm forced into peek-a-boom matches. The pen is nice to have making me a player in T9 matches but I could easily make up for that by using APCR in the 90 also. Oh and the 105 is expensive to feed at 1000 credits a round compared to 244 credits per round for the 90mm. I'm just not seeing a reason to run the 105 unless I know I will be bottom tier and/or fighting on a map where I can use my tank in a hull down positions

The 90 needs APCR spam to work most of the time in pubs, so its not cheaper than the 105 by any means. The 105 is not good at making money, for sure, but the 90 will put you deep in the red every game.

I never had trouble hitting things with the 105, either.  Are you not using a verstab or something?