Loxx12

Why is my shit on fire. Cities: Skyline

So this is my section of the city and how the fire departments are laid out. All the roads are one way roads the come down from the top and turn to the left at the bottom. All the roads that go from the bottom to the top are also 1 way roads. Those elevated roads that go horizontally are for reducing traffic( previously they all went to the bottom road and jammed the highway).

Dwc2WzW.jpg

This is my fire department layout. I have a metric shittonne of departments, yet they fail to extinguish most of the fire that do happen. I have the smoke detector policy enabled but shit still burns down. They extinguish about 50% of the fire in this sector of the city.

CSG2U59.jpg

And this is the rest of the city. The sector I'm talking about is south-east.

0wlNOKm.jpg

How do I make it so that my shit doesn't burn? Halp fix city plz.

This is my fire department layout. I have a metric shittonne of departments, yet they fail to extinguish most of the fire that do happen. I have the smoke detector policy enabled but shit still burns down. They extinguish about 50% of the fire in this sector of the city.

CSG2U59.jpg

There are a lot of buildings that are not blue on the edges. Inspect those. The seem to be at non green roads -> no coverage.

Also TRAFFIC! Not sure if you have none or I couldn't see it.

There are a lot of buildings that are not blue on the edges. Inspect those. The seem to be at non green roads -> no coverage.

Also TRAFFIC! Not sure if you have none or I couldn't see it.

The ones the are non green have not yet burned, for some reason. Its the blue ones that are on fire and not getting any fire trucks.

This is my traffic due to one way roads.

i2RulGv.jpg

One way roads are good for letting people go fast from one city to another, but they're pretty terrible dir inside the actual city I think.

Also don't use the big fire deoartments, they are not worth it in the long run.

I had a simillar problem with health, no matter how many hospitals I built, my city was always sick, needed to restart it. No traffic or pollution problems, just sick people for no reason. It might be the occasional bug as well.

As stated before try to inspect those last buildings on top... That's the only thing I can think of

From what I can see you have only one way back into the city?

Every fire truck has to take it on it's way back. 

• go out of the city over the highway
  • back into the city
  • stuck in traffic jam
  • stuck some more

Should take them a while.

There is a path tool somewhere. Maybe that would help.

Otherwise you can map out the route yourself. My guess, they have to turn around somewhere far away.

i think i got it fixed. Made the bottom horizontal road into a 2 way road so all of my services could use it without having regular traffic clogging it up. Also, removed some fire departments cause for some reason their placement turned some nearby roads gray rather than green. And one of the fire departments in the north was the one sending the fire trucks, which might have been the reason no one arrived.

no no. When i saw stuff burning, I paused the game and checked every one of the departments, a grand total of 4 trucks were sent out and 3 of them were from that one northen department.

Another thing I noticed: four lane roads FUCK emergency services because they have a central reservation. That's why I've started building in interconnected concentric circles, its very traffic flow efficient.

One way roads...ugh. The city I live in has these IRL (Long street and Loop street). What a fucking nightmare. One time we actually turned down Long street into oncoming traffic. We barely managed to make it into a dead-end alley and back out the right way. So yeah, fucking one way roads :-)

Fire has always seemed buggy. I still lose tons of property with low fire risk and a ton of fire houses and stations with 150% budget. Just yesterday my Collossal Order Offices burned down directly across a low traffic two lane from a fire station. The firemen could have walked out the front door and put it out :(

I had a simillar problem with health, no matter how many hospitals I built, my city was always sick, needed to restart it. No traffic or pollution problems, just sick people for no reason. It might be the occasional bug as well.

As stated before try to inspect those last buildings on top... That's the only thing I can think of

Oddly enough I had the other issue, my hospitals are never in use. I have no sick people, only dead people. I had an issue with cemetaries for a while where I needed more but hadn't built them. The dead bodies apparently spread disease which increases your death rate. My hospitals didn't see any more patients though.