kolni

Micropositioning, show your awesome spots! Now compiled!

9 hours ago, KurtaMurta said:

How the fuck did you (or anyone else) even think of this place? Driving around in training room, or during battle? It seems that at the start, I just try to get to the south ASAP, so I never even look for positions like this...

Well the spot is only really good for 2-3 shots then you need to get to south anyway.

You can pretty much always assume that the east gets the ledge which means they get control over the lowerground as well. When they have that you need to move because lights could light you peeking up.

Protip don't go in a WZ-111-14 there, you'll get stuck :nmad:

On 2015-11-20 21:56:58, Acumen said:

Are replays really required for a spot? can't we just have screenies?

Sure, but they don't show the situational parts of a spot that's needed to go there. (Cliffs for example, anyone will learn very quickly that E3 from south is not a good idea when there are more than 1 arty, or when their team is full of meds and yours isn't)

But never fear, I still have some spots left in me!

dqE3qht.jpg

Redshire south spawn, dunno if I've posted this yet but this is pretty much my opening move unless I see something of theirs go down to the ridge in front of me. If they are there then you'll proxy them and can safely back up to the middle ledge. (This spot was about a thousand times better before the rework but it's still gud) Because the bushes are so thick you can actually camosnipe their guys on the hill, spot them if they come close enough (D4) Works best with depression

l4ci2F7.jpg

Fjords north spawn, as soon as you control the north this spot will hold the entire middle, you'll get easy crossfires and if you poke you'll light what they have in the obvious bush. Do not go here unless you know you control the north (key to winning the entire map honestly) so the opening move would probably be going north if you have support, then going here once they push back behind the hill or die. You'll need to be here if their team pushes the middle because you'll deny them the entire area. 

XFnnPjT.jpg

Arctic Region South

This is a cheeky way of getting shots all the way back there, along with putting pressure on stuff up on the hill and some nice bushcover to work with. Needs some form of depression

SLjKD1Z.jpg

Siegfried Line Assault, attacking side

My main move here (pretty much always) is to move up here as fast as possible, knock the tree down for bush cover and use the bunker to remain arty safe. Most of the things you'll be shooting are tanks popping up at the gaps within the cities, and if you knock the tree down right (not like I did here, a bit more to the right) you can camospot them and keep firing because of heavy VR, or just pull back to the bunker.

Be careful if their meds push over, then you need to move up D6 and take it from there. 

PxhXnAX.jpg

WARNING VERY RISKY, use your brain when this might be good

Abbey South Spawn

When the enemy team only has "slow" heavies and you feel that they might go the 1 line (like they should) this is probably the best opening move you can do. You'll light their campers from base and get sideshots into the actual abbey, along with people hanging around the lower part of the abbey entrance, will get spotted though so it's probably only good for a few shots until you need to move. 

You'll get here before any of the enemy heavies do even in meds, but if they do come, your heavies need to have pushed far enough (they usually do by noticing that you drove all the way there) so that you have support, otherwise you'll have to go forward and down the ridge to get safe, which leaves you exposed from TD fire at C6 if there are any.

x0WFKyZ.jpg

Himmels encounter, works on standard too but not as effective, simple way to hulldown in a med with a good turret, also covered from support fire from the D line

Edit: holy moley that's a lot of people following this thread

1 minute ago, Golem501 said:

^^ THIS

The last position is not arty safe though... Kolni

Most of the "good" spots aren't arty safe. The trick is to not just stay there too long, or be sure that either arty is aiming on someone else or just gamble it. If every good spot needs control and being arty safe there wouldn't be a whole lotta' spots to choose from because certain maps plays entirely different depending on arty or not (Steppes, Cliffs and Westfield being most notable for me) You gotta risk a a tad to get the pad m8

1 minute ago, KoIni said:

Most of the "good" spots aren't arty safe. The trick is to not just stay there too long, or be sure that either arty is aiming on someone else or just gamble it. If every good spot needs control and being arty safe there wouldn't be a whole lotta' spots to choose from because certain maps plays entirely different depending on arty or not (Steppes, Cliffs and Westfield being most notable for me) You gotta risk a a tad to get the pad m8

I was mainly mentioning it because it's one of the few in H'dorf that isn't but good points! :D

On 6.11.2015 klo, Kolni said:

4 hours ago, KoIni said:

l4ci2F7.jpg

Fjords north spawn, as soon as you control the north this spot will hold the entire middle, you'll get easy crossfires and if you poke you'll light what they have in the obvious bush. Do not go here unless you know you control the north (key to winning the entire map honestly) so the opening move would probably be going north if you have support, then going here once they push back behind the hill or die. You'll need to be here if their team pushes the middle because you'll deny them the entire area. 

With tier 10 meds or equivalent speedy tanks this spot can be used always at the start of the match. Just run there immediately, shoot maybe twice and spot enemy behind rock (Sta-1 in picture), then get back FAST. There is usually just enough time for that, no more. Take three shots and its already risking enemy meds shooting you from north corner.

Probably less special but still not posted:

vVSclhn.jpg

This is a very easy, safe way to get easy sideshots, especially if you're a tad too soft to really peekaboo with the heavies, easy shots from a spot that many people use and know about, but it really is good. It's a good pubbiespot. Also allows very flexible options to fall back or push literally everywhere in case the engagement ahead of you would go south. 

omSYN3m.jpg

Pretty nifty spot I saw in a Poltto replay, seems to work out often, but sometimes you just can't put out any damage at all from here. It works better when your own team has the hill because you'll see their tanks coming and know when to poke for shots, because you'll be fighting hulldown stuff otherwise. If the enemy gets the hill you can jkust drop down to the water behind you and flex around from there. I've never been spotted dropping down as long as my team has the beach under some form of control. 

PY7rCO7.jpg

Easy opening spot on Fishermans Bay, sometimes you spot heavies crossing right in the open (go for a track and they're doomed, or both if you can MLG) but what usually happen is what happened now, I light something playing the westernmost part of the middle which suddently becomes incredibly unsafe for them and I have natural hulldown cover with bushes, will also spot things along the 2 line that fires if your viewrange allows it. I usually open with this and go into the middle afterwards, because the north side with a competent team just takes a hold of the middle right away and it's hard to fight without losing HP in the process, so I'd rather leave it be until I can handle the situation. 

VAqAcGX.jpg

Nifty mountaingoating, can get shots on the island to the right onto tall targets, along with the smaller island where I'm aiming at, works a bit better from the other side because if you won the middle you can put pressure on the beach this way. Won't get spotted unless something pokes up along the ridgeline.

GKMA39n.jpg

Not really much a spot as it is a "move". After you killed off whatever the enemy team has on their hill, you can go here and rape that Cent to the left, completely safe until he turns and it's easier to put pressure on the heavies from here than flanking around, risking TD shots. It works basically the same from the other side too, except that can do that without actually winning their hill, unless they have something with really good depression they need to expose quite a bit to shoot at you, I've had no problems with it so far except from arty sometimes fucking you over, happens on the picture side way more often that the other side. (Other side has both gud arta safe spots :cri: )

Also something that's worth noting now:

Ugv2ytZ.jpg

With the draw range circle changes I noticed that you can get shots onto their ridge there now. Along with render on stuff at the rock in the enemy base. Can anyone confirm this is new? I've never seen it before from this spot. Gives some more viability to the middle area for field support. 

3 hours ago, KoIni said:

With the draw range circle changes I noticed that you can get shots onto their ridge there now. Along with render on stuff at the rock in the enemy base. Can anyone confirm this is new? I've never seen it before from this spot. Gives some more viability to the middle area for field support. 

Guys, shouldn't there be a ton of new additions to this thread due to the circle square change?

On 06/12/2015, 10:51:51, KoIni said:

PY7rCO7.jpg

Easy opening spot on Fishermans Bay, sometimes you spot heavies crossing right in the open (go for a track and they're doomed, or both if you can MLG) but what usually happen is what happened now, I light something playing the westernmost part of the middle which suddently becomes incredibly unsafe for them and I have natural hulldown cover with bushes, will also spot things along the 2 line that fires if your viewrange allows it. I usually open with this and go into the middle afterwards, because the north side with a competent team just takes a hold of the middle right away and it's hard to fight without losing HP in the process, so I'd rather leave it be until I can handle the situation. 

DAMN! Now everyone knows my Skaut bush of LT12 completion! It's my usual first move in a Light or Med on this map. 

Thanks for posting this! Really having trouble in WoT lately, hopefully this should help, if not, i'm just bad.

Thanks for posting this! Really having trouble in WoT lately, hopefully this should help, if not, i'm just bad.

Not really a position but more of a neat thing you can do.

If there is a stalemate on the typical brawling area you can climb here

votoB7F.jpg

then you can farm people's sides or make them turn their turret so your allies can get easy shots. 

31L5uzr.jpg

Not really a position but more of a neat thing you can do.

If there is a stalemate on the typical brawling area you can climb here

votoB7F.jpg

then you can farm people's sides or make them turn their turret so your allies can get easy shots. 

31L5uzr.jpg

I suppose you need speed and a tank with decent acceleration to get up there in the first place? Otherwise this is pretty goddamn neat when they have a hardcamping heavy team that your team is unable to break

l4ci2F7.jpg

In the very late game with a medium / light you can get up the left of where kolni is here.  There are a number of bushes & no one expects you to be up there when it's 1vs3~.  If you get a run up you can get a IS-7 up there and stay hulldown to north while at C7/8 line.  You're pretty useless there but it's funny when they push down and see you

I suppose you need speed and a tank with decent acceleration to get up there in the first place? Otherwise this is pretty goddamn neat when they have a hardcamping heavy team that your team is unable to break

Patton KR liked this one. .. farmed kills but got shot in the behind by a waffle :(

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 1:06 AM, AGK47 said:

I'm sorry if this has been asked before (really tired right now), but does anyone have any thoughts/cool spots for Pilsen? 

Arty can hit inside the factory, but going in there gives you many angles to pillage. It is a slow play, but u just being there can freeze people.

Spoiler

shot_097.jpg

Spoiler

shot_098.jpg

Redshire, south spawn, probably all know this spot, but really good at getting spots on hill when in a good camo tank. was a 4800 damage game from there alone.

I reject going to that flank completely on Redshire. If they push middle you're literally stuck and it's common enough to make this an inconsistency in your gameplay regarding mapmeta. The bush itself might be good but I blindfire the shit out of that stuff and most things actually do get spotted there. Middle is much more viable in any med. From another PoV I do want plebs on the 1 line but for the sole reason of shooting into middle along with spotting their stuff on the 1 line. But if you want to have a good game? Nuh. Go midal or even east. East's great for meds once your heavies start putting pressure

2 hours ago, KolNo said:

I reject going to that flank completely on Redshire. If they push middle you're literally stuck and it's common enough to make this an inconsistency in your gameplay regarding mapmeta. The bush itself might be good but I blindfire the shit out of that stuff and most things actually do get spotted there. Middle is much more viable in any med. From another PoV I do want plebs on the 1 line but for the sole reason of shooting into middle along with spotting their stuff on the 1 line. But if you want to have a good game? Nuh. Go midal or even east. East's great for meds once your heavies start putting pressure

Also E2 from the other side is a good location to spot both the 1 line and also middle, so any tank there will definitely spot you.

U have the wall as arty cover, a 1/2 line push is covered by your tanks sitting on the hill to the right and if your after spotting damage u can light all their tanks on the hill. Completely viable spot, try it, in particular for tanks with poor depression.