FlorbFnarb

Anybody tried running WoT on minimum graphics on an almost-min-spec computer?

Laptop blew up a few months ago, so I just DLed the client onto an old Toshiba Satellite laptop I bought in 2007. Has the minimum 2 MB RAM, 1.8 gHz processor (slightly below minimums) and not sure about the vid card.

Has anybody tried this and found it workable, or am I heading into disappointment late tonight when I boot up?

My laptop is literally held together with duct tape and it seems to run WoT alright on minimum. Looks like shit, but the framerate is around ~25 and is playable.

My laptop is literally held together with duct tape and it seems to run WoT alright on minimum. Looks like shit, but the framerate is around ~25 and is playable.

I could certainly handle 25 fps. My only real need is max draw distance and terrain detail.

I could certainly handle 25 fps. My only real need is max draw distance and terrain detail.

From my experience, draw distance changing didn't affect my FPS at all, when I was running on integrated Intel HD Graphics. 

Yes its entirely doable (Source: Me every time i play tanks)

If you're having FPS issues this modpack helps.

http://forum.worldoftanks.eu/index.php?/topic/392296-96-fours-fps-and-performance-modpack-71/

Also I will warn you. You will randomly not load foliage due to lack of ram. So some maps will look very strange...

I used to play on minimum like this

l8ulCRA.jpg

and got high blue/low purple scores, upgraded and immediately shot up like 800wn8 performance

so you can, but it hinders your reaction time to things etc :P

Nightmare_luna also plays on a Potato like Gandaran. its possible.

gandaran should post his specs to compare. but I can run tanks on an Intel Pentium E5300 @2.6GHz, 4GB RAM, and GT630 on minumum alright

I play with a 2.0Gz old i7, Intel HD 3000 graphics (equivalent to 512MB GPU), and 6GB of ram. I run on pretty much the same look as gandaran, only with 1600x900 resolution rather than whatever tiny thing he uses. All minimum graphics+Four's FPS pack and I STILL GET FUCKING FPS ISSUES. Playable = / = Good to play on.

Played on very similar machine for first year, 8-24 fps. Not a problem because I was shit anyway. Now running better machine on max at 50-60 fps. Much. Much. Better.

With a really old laptop the graphics card might be the biggest problem...

I have a 7 year-old system with slightly above minimum specs, it's playable with minimum graphics on 1280x720 resolution, with the FPS modpack I can just about play on 1920x1080. Might take a while to get used to but it's definitely doable.

The worst kind of PC I ever touch ran WoT on an average of 20 FPS on all lowest setting, it can became a single digit though. Several lags here and there that is noticeable, but its kinda like a milisecond pauses, stutters.

Now, unless you're ready for what to come, I'd advise on NOT forcing to play it. Especially on a laptop.

Tried it, it works okay. Tried running improved graphics with mostly rock-bottom settings so I could turn up the terrain quality, but that was still too much. Dropped it to Standard graphics and got close to 50 fps during the countdown, sometimes high thirties during gameplay.

I get the occasional hiccup where it drops to like 9 fps, but that's really rare on standard. Lag spikes are, oddly enough, happening every couple matches, but I don't know if that's me or the server; seems like I remember some recent complaints about lag spikes on NA east.

Overall, it's quite workable, really. Now, if I could just get rid of all the shitters shitting up my teams, I'd be happy. Hard to carry when you're still knocking the rust from your joints after two months or so without playing, and then three top tier teammates decide to suicide in the first 60 seconds.

WoT is WoT is WoT. Same as it ever was:

(1) shitters screw team over

(2) we lose

(3) I PM three or four shitters who suicided or hid in a corner

(4) I hit BATTLE again

(5) repeat

sigh

At least I got several arty-free matches last night, which was great.

I'd be okay with 25-35 fps. It's only when I get ping spikes or if something goes glitchy on my laptop and freezes the game briefly that I have issues. My HD on this old laptop is pretty slow, so it's making me worry there might be issues there. I might defrag it and see if that improves things.