SmyleeRage

SmyleeRage Kicked From OTTER Rip ME Friends ┐(‘~`;)┌

The south won. These are the consequences.

LOL.

I left willingly. I realized I wouldn't be able to meet attendance requirements with current occupation.

If communication on TS was so hard why not use the in game message system?  Now messages can be sent offline and the user you send them too will see them when they next log in.............

o7 Smyl... er... Mort

w8i6ho2.gif

That's frankly a load of horse shit. If you got into OTTER, someone took the time to recruit you, someone higher in the ranks knows who you are. Claiming to not have enough time to send a 30 second message is pathetic, especially since ingame channels work even when someone is offline.

That's frankly a load of horse shit. If you got into OTTER, someone took the time to recruit you, someone higher in the ranks knows who you are. Claiming to not have enough time to send a 30 second message is pathetic, especially since ingame channels work even when someone is offline.

You put in that effort for a solder who shows up and then for what ever reason goes afk. From what I understand he was on, just never participating with otter, ever. When people are recruited they are told what is expected to be in otter, and never showing up is not acceptable. No effort deserves no effort. There is responsibility on both ends so don't blame us for kicking someone who couldn't give the clan due attention. He might be a great guy, but I have no idea since I've never spoken to him.

You put in that effort for a solder who shows up and then for what ever reason goes afk. From what I understand he was on, just never participating with otter, ever. When people are recruited they are told what is expected to be in otter, and never showing up is not acceptable. No effort deserves no effort. There is responsibility on both ends so don't blame us for kicking someone who couldn't give the clan due attention. He might be a great guy, but I have no idea since I've never spoken to him.

I find it extremely hard to believe a clan as established as OTTER can't manage their time well enough to spend 30 seconds warning a player about a situation. I also find it hard to believe that a clan with OTTER's standards is accepting recruits in such numbers that you can afford to throw away players like this, without waiting a day or two for a response. If Smylee is still playing the game like you said, he'd see that message when he logs in. At the end of the day, I'm merely an outsider looking in, but you have to understand that this level of not caring about soldiers, and the obvious disconnect between soldiers and officers, does not make OTTER look good.

I find it extremely hard to believe a clan as established as OTTER can't manage their time well enough to spend 30 seconds warning a player about a situation. I also find it hard to believe that a clan with OTTER's standards is accepting recruits in such numbers that you can afford to throw away players like this, without waiting a day or two for a response. If Smylee is still playing the game like you said, he'd see that message when he logs in. At the end of the day, I'm merely an outsider looking in, but you have to understand that this level of not caring about soldiers, and the obvious disconnect between soldiers and officers, does not make OTTER look good.

OTTER never looked good in the first place :^))))))))

TL;DR we're too busy running the best clan on the server to give two shits about the people who don't want to be here.  

Inb4 pulling a -G- in two years.

F

Yeah but...what he said is why should they care if somebody else doesn't?

If anything, running pure favouritism just because somebody is well known/has excellent stats is more likely to make Otter not look good. No offence to Smylee he's a nice guy, but if he wasn't on teamspeak and never attended CW being booted is a perfectly reasonable result.

Actually walrus if you've seen our clan list, we have had a ton of new people in the last couple weeks join. Recruiting is extremely strong. Otter is a competitive clan with expectations of their members to stay competitive. Which includes team play so callers can find people they like and players learn to become more autonomous in fights. It isn't a clan for people who just want to play pubs. If that's all Smylee is interested in, then all the best in your next clan.

Edit: yes I'll be showing up again this week, I dun wanna get kicked.

Actually walrus if you've seen our clan list, we have had a ton of new people in the last couple weeks join. Recruiting is extremely strong. Otter is a competitive clan with expectations of their members to stay competitive. Which includes team play so callers can find people they like and players learn to become more autonomous in fights. It isn't a clan for people who just want to play pubs. If that's all Smylee is interested in, then all the best in your next clan.

Edit: yes I'll be showing up again this week, I dun wanna get kicked.

But his numbers!!!~?!  RIP Otter's average monthly wn8.  3rd place shitlord clan = gg = bulba won the great sig war = f

NMd09y7.gif

I know we are not in the same league as the clans you are accustomed to but if you want a change of pace consider CarteL.  We don't do clan wars so you won't have that to worry about that and we don't have playing time requirements.  Laid back with a competitive side.  I'd wish you good luck but I don't think you will need it.

Smylee you are in the good position of being a hot commodity, wish I got kicked and having all the top clans on the server clamour to my aid and offer me positions. So I really don't feel too sorry. 

TL;DR we're too busy running the best clan on the server to give two shits about the people who don't want to be here.  

If he didn't show up, you have a point to kick him, however, you obviously care enough to come in here and act like you are hardcore, so......?

I believe "wow... seriously... dude c'mon..." was my official response to Huck's impulse decision. For the record, everyone I've removed from OTTER (and there has been many) has had a message from me explaining why... it's simply common courtesy. Huck and I don't always see eye to eye, nor do Random and I, nor did External and I; I won't rule with an iron fist, I won't demand that guys there every night check with me on every decision. I certainly would have liked to have signed off on this but until Easter I only have an hour or so each night in which to play tanks and talk with my officers. Being involved in every decision while somewhat afk makes otter a stagnant beast, and I refuse to do that - I can only contribute what I can contribute, just like everyone else.

I wouldn't usually air laundry, but honestly this basket isn't very dirty anyway. Smylee, you attended 3-4 stronghold raids with us since you joined, you were also present for a handful of civil war battles but since then neither our clan or I have seen you. If I had to ballpark your overall attendance, it was less than 1 battle for every 7 days you were here. The conspiracy theorists among us suggested that you had socked more for BULBA in the last month than he had played for us; with the bar set at 0, this was a tough assumption to disagree with. We're less than a week from the invitational, and for someone that should be picked first on our A team... you haven't been here for any of it. I can see why it happened, but like you, the 'how' is the source of my disappointment here.

I can't turn back time, all I can do is talk to people and convince them that talking to each other is the only way that people don't get burned in the future. Our officers had a quick relapse but this has been the first time recently I've been mildly annoyed at my officers doing something that shoulda been checked with me first when 9 months ago it was a daily occurrence. I can't claim OTTER is perfect, but I can say we learn from our mistakes...

Since several of my officers have posted and haven't said it, I will; Sorry Smylee - that was shitty of us.

Pretty much every clan has a list of people to kick if the excuse/situation comes up. Its business. Sorry they didnt leave a message but in the grand scheme of things? 

ohwellitsonlygame

Keep it up like this and most of your A team will find a better home were DCs dont go full yolo and then try to act cool . Maybe that guy that pressed the button should get kicked it will make things even .

Keep it up like this and most of your A team will find a better home were DCs dont go full yolo and then try to act cool . Maybe that guy that pressed the button should get kicked it will make things even .

This doesn't need to turn into a "lets get even" kind of deal.  There was a clear fuck up, allurai cleared it up, no point in dragging this case onward.  

Smylee got kicked for inactivity apparently.  DC fucked up by not warning him, now both parties will pay the consequences.  1 losing a top server player, the other without a clan.  There even.