SmyleeRage

SmyleeRage Kicked From OTTER Rip ME Friends ┐(‘~`;)┌

This doesn't need to turn into a "lets get even" kind of deal.  There was a clear fuck up, allurai cleared it up, no point in dragging this case onward.  

Smylee got kicked for inactivity apparently.  DC fucked up by not warning him, now both parties will pay the consequences.  1 losing a top server player, the other without a clan.  There even.

When it happens to you then come back and say it again its even.

Keep it up like this and most of your A team will find a better home were DCs dont go full yolo and then try to act cool . Maybe that guy that pressed the button should get kicked it will make things even .

Did you miss the part where Allurai apologized for it and said it is not standard protocol for removing members?

I highly doubt that "most of OTTER's A team" is going to leave the clan because a guy that rarely showed up got kicked for rarely showing up.

Did you miss the part where Allurai apologized for it and said it is not standard protocol for removing members?

I highly doubt that "most of OTTER's A team" is going to leave the clan because a guy that rarely showed up got kicked for rarely showing up.

So if you get fired from your job without being told and then someones comes and says sorry we didnt mean to just someone didnt like you , would you still say okay? . Yeah its not standard but Smylee is the one that got shot in the back by a d1ck move so no one else is in a shit spot besides him . As for their A team someones might watch their back who knows its might be their turn that is all . Pardon my english m8s.

Sick backpeddling.

If you really wanted to mend things over, demote Huck to reservist for 7 days, invite Smylee back, and give him 10k gold for the trouble.

So if you get fired from your job without being told and then someones comes and says sorry we didnt mean to just someone didnt like you , would you still say okay? . Yeah its not standard but Smylee is the one that got shot in the back by a d1ck move so no one else is in a shit spot besides him . As for their A team someones might watch their back who knows its might be their turn that is all . Pardon my english m8s.

Given that 1) in this analogy the employee got fired for not showing up to work and doing his job and 2) unlike contractual employment, Internet tank clans have no legal or personal obligations to their members outside of standard courtesy I would say yes, a deserved kick by a DC done rashly can be forgiven after a public apology. It was badly handled by the DC but Allu sympathized with Smylee's feelings and said he already took measures to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Smylee already rep_up.png'd Allurai so...

If you really wanted to mend things over, demote Huck to reservist for 7 days, invite Smylee back, and give him 10k gold for the trouble.

If I were Smylee, I'd be more insulted by that bribe than an actual apology; he has reasons to feel hurt and I owed him an explanation not a notion that I see 10k as more valuable than his feels. A clan is more like a family than a corporation; taking toys away from the belligerent and giving them to the aggrieved is how you settle disputes in a family... between toddlers, not adults.

:thumbup:

Given that 1) in this analogy the employee got fired for not showing up to work and doing his job and 2) unlike contractual employment, Internet tank clans have no legal or personal obligations to their members outside of standard courtesy I would say yes, a deserved kick by a DC done rashly can be forgiven after a public apology. It was badly handled by the DC but Allu sympathized with Smylee's feelings and said he already took measures to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else.

Smylee already rep_up.png'd Allurai so...

So we both said our opinions but non of us is part of the story and that is all.

A clan is more like a family than a corporation...

I wouldn't fuck my family at the company Christmas party... But I would fuck my secretary... I would also probably fuck most of my clan-mates if they needed a quick pity-poke.

Yes, ideally, we send players messages when we kick them, but the attendance policy was communicated very clearly. Allurai exposed pretty explicitly the extent to which Smylee was not a part of the clan and chose to forego clan activities for pubs etc., which is not acceptable given the consistency with which it was done. We should have tried to pm him on the forums or in-game as well, but I'm frankly astounded that people are surprised that after months of inactivity, and not being able to find someone on TS, we kicked that player, along with several other inactives. It's our policy to try to communicate with players before they're kicked, obviously we should have tried a couple more avenues of approach, but it's also our policy to maintain strict attendance requirements and judge players by more than their forum signature lines. 

The responses by some of the BULBA posters demonstrate the extent to which they think that a player's worth is demonstrated through either pubs or a gold payout for joining. And that has never been, and never will be our policy, with the exception of some questionable recruiting done through Gab several months ago, which was shut down. And we think that history, our success, and our activity, all corroborate that's not the way we'd like to do things. 

I find many of the posts here amusing, over such a simple and clear cut issue. Allu has already said that we should have tried to communicate in different ways with Smylee, but were I him, or anyone else recently kicked, I would not be surprised or angry after consistent failure to show up to strongholds, CW, or anything team related. Then again, maybe others here have different standards of activity. In the future, to reassure the multitudes that are concerned about this issue of great importance, we will try to be more consistent in our outreach before kicking inactives. Sorry smylee! Exceptions are not the rule, but a slight mistake does not account for months of inactivity.

I've got to be missing something here. Is there more to this beyond "guy who never showed up got removed but wasn't warned ahead of time"? What is up with these responses? Why is this a 5-page thread?

Don't forget that we tried to warn him on TS, but guess what, an inactive player was not on TS. The only issue is that apparently other people in other clans would like us to try to outreach to inactive players through more methods, which Allu already said was an oversight and not reflective of clan policy, in addition to apologizing for not warning a 3-month inactive that he will be kicked  But some people love to throw stones, even when they live in fragile glass houses. 

I've got to be missing something here. Is there more to this beyond "guy who never showed up got removed but wasn't warned ahead of time"? What is up with these responses? Why is this a 5-page thread?

It seems like some [OTTER] representatives feel like the thread is smearing them?

Which, guys, it isn't... Not really. Everyone would understand a stringent attendance policy especially in [OTTER]... Shit, I kick non-communicative dudes if they have been inactive in the game without warning after 45 days; cut and dry policy. We will also "purge" regularly based on TeamSpeak attendance or Strong Hold involvement.

You owe no one an explanation.

Just let SmyleeRage get it out there and allow us ignorant fucks a wide berth in attempting to sway his barely-active self to our ranks for future kicks and bans.

I believe "wow... seriously... dude c'mon..." was my official response to Huck's impulse decision. For the record, everyone I've removed from OTTER (and there has been many) has had a message from me explaining why... it's simply common courtesy. Huck and I don't always see eye to eye, nor do Random and I, nor did External and I; I won't rule with an iron fist, I won't demand that guys there every night check with me on every decision. I certainly would have liked to have signed off on this but until Easter I only have an hour or so each night in which to play tanks and talk with my officers. Being involved in every decision while somewhat afk makes otter a stagnant beast, and I refuse to do that - I can only contribute what I can contribute, just like everyone else.

I wouldn't usually air laundry, but honestly this basket isn't very dirty anyway. Smylee, you attended 3-4 stronghold raids with us since you joined, you were also present for a handful of civil war battles but since then neither our clan or I have seen you. If I had to ballpark your overall attendance, it was less than 1 battle for every 7 days you were here. The conspiracy theorists among us suggested that you had socked more for BULBA in the last month than he had played for us; with the bar set at 0, this was a tough assumption to disagree with. We're less than a week from the invitational, and for someone that should be picked first on our A team... you haven't been here for any of it. I can see why it happened, but like you, the 'how' is the source of my disappointment here.

I can't turn back time, all I can do is talk to people and convince them that talking to each other is the only way that people don't get burned in the future. Our officers had a quick relapse but this has been the first time recently I've been mildly annoyed at my officers doing something that shoulda been checked with me first when 9 months ago it was a daily occurrence. I can't claim OTTER is perfect, but I can say we learn from our mistakes...

Since several of my officers have posted and haven't said it, I will; Sorry Smylee - that was shitty of us.

RIP me

Because this thread reeks of CR/D.

A clan is more like a family than a corporation; taking toys away from the belligerent and giving them to the aggrieved is how you settle disputes in a family... between toddlers, not adults.

That's why you demoted gabe right? 

#InternetTenksDramaLlama

Btw, hello Otters!

Can we get along?

nutriabebe.jpg

Bad analogy. He wouldn't have been let go because of personal dislike but rather for not going in to work. No one was shot in the back. Someone said through actions they weren't interested in clan activities and a clan said, through actions, toodles. Neither side was wronged. It's a non-issue and one of those things which "just is." Hopefully he finds a place which suits what he wants.