Hideshi

How Many Losses Before You Quit?

So, after a brief hiatus I cam to WoT today, hoping to log a few games. I jumped in my T32 and lost 2 straight. So I hopped in the M103 and lost 2 more. I finally won my 5th game, then lost 6 and 7, at which point I quit and seriously considered uninstalling and self immolation.

So how many in a row do you have to lose before you quit? What if, somehow, you're still performing moderately well and doing decent damage? Lets say I have no specific stat I'm padding, just trying to improve general play- what's the best way to learn from those frustrating sessions?

Truth is, i don't care about straight losees. During the game, i try to win as much as possible, but afterwards i look at the wn8 to decide whether i should quit or not, as it shows individual performance better over a small sample size

Usually a string of losses solopubbing means either breaktime or time to nag 2 other peeps to toon with me. Unless you're Zeven. In which case I'll bet 10 bucks the devil can't get him to rage just like how he tempted Jesus. Like seriously. I saw his session stats (like 5 minutes ago) on his stream, he has a 39% WR for today. And you know what he said? "I don't really care about winrate too much... It'll all even out in the long run" He's a fucking saint.

I don't count wins or losses, but rather derp outs. If I made it hard for the other team to win, I still feel good about it even if I lose. Three straight derp outs though, and I take a long break since I tend to get mad at myself. 

And yeah, Zeven is unrufflable and unrustlable. Zeven's jimmies are unrustlable.

Depends entirely on whether the losses are my fault or not. I completely understand many matches are unwinnable without a platoon, and in a platoon you can't really force your platoonmates to play how they need to. I wont quit because they are losing games. I will quit if I've had 3+ games in a row where I know I've fucked it up.

When there is an indication that your performance is unacceptable.

I've stopped worrying about WN% and try to just do the absolute best I can. Now if I won 5 in a row but did bad (IE terrible WN8) I take a break. See post on "Do purples have matches when WN8 tanks"

My latest practice is after each match I wait until my heart rate (serious) returned to normal before press the battle button again. If it take too long to return to normal ( the last match was too intense, too tired of work the day, too much whiskey, and so on ) I would call it off for the day.

Depends entirely on the losses.

Usually if it's terrible luck, terrible maps, terrible tem comps, terrible teams literally letting me die for no valid reason or something equally terrible I will likely quit.

If it's a loss where I've played well, or the team has given it a good shot, I'll just power through.

3-4 is usually it for me...I tend not to play very long sessions anymore, I cant maintain my focus on anything over an hour really, I start making mistakes....so I usually play about 8-10 games in a session and that is it...if I lose 4, I must have already lost my focus and I shut it down

I don't care at all. I play as long as I have fun playing.

But I developed one habit: on a good day when I consider quitting the session (time for bed or so), I keep playing as long as I win and only quit when I lose one.

Usually a string of losses solopubbing means either breaktime or time to nag 2 other peeps to toon with me. Unless you're Zeven. In which case I'll bet 10 bucks the devil can't get him to rage just like how he tempted Jesus. Like seriously. I saw his session stats (like 5 minutes ago) on his stream, he has a 39% WR for today. And you know what he said? "I don't really care about winrate too much... It'll all even out in the long run" He's a fucking saint.

That's why I think Zeven's stream is the best one. He calmly explains everything pretty much whatever happens in-game. Some really good streamers are far too prone to rage to be tolerable for me. 

On-topic: I should quit when I bad WR puts me on a tilt.

Yesterday I got the Obj 416; 5 straight losses. I played 10 more games or so to get to 50% winrate, but my play never recovered from those first games. Lesson learned.

Apparently it's more of how many losses can you take before you sell all your remaining tier 10s for me.

Care to explain the reasoning behind that?

Selling T8s I could understand under that circumstances, but why the T10s?

I rarely quit due to losses. Generally I just isolate myself. No platooning, no social interaction. Solo play, and put it on myself to win at all costs.

Also, wtf selling your 10s.