Darneepigoo

How to play scouts without 6th sense

I bought 12t yesterday when BC25t on track. I don't have any French crew members (only 2 female in ELC). Without 6th sense, I either do yolo 0 damage and be killed in first minute or pull a 2k damage game. My Chaffee, Bulldog, T37 and Ru251 are all starting without 6th sense. However, T37 ended with 3rd MoE within 178 games, 1096 DPG, Chaffee is 84% within 56

Not the best person to answer, as i am not a gret player... But...

You just have to be faster. Dont stop moving, assume that you are spotted in every place.

Sixth sens allows you to be more passive. Counter that.

You should learn the camo value of the scout your using, and that coupled with your intuition usually let's you know when you are spotted. As an illustration even though I have sixth sense on many tanks, I usually pop back into cover if I think I'm spotted, before light bulb comes up

The French lights are pretty poor at active scouting so it makes it really tough to play them without sixth sense.  There were many times I would sit in a bush with my 12t thinking I was being sneaky and BAM! dead.  After unlocking the 13/75, I actually went back to the ELC.  I plan on running that until my commander finally gets sixth sense.  Then I'll work on grinding my way up again. 

If you've already played a bunch of different light tanks then you should have a feel for which areas/moves are safer than others.  You can still scout effectively without sixth, but it requires you to be a little bit more cautious in some situations.  Not having sixth doesn't really affect ridge line surfing on Prok, for example... but it can make sneaking up the 1 line on Swamp a LOT more risky.  It also makes it a little bit more sketchy firing from concealment, unless you have a preternatural ability to gauge ranges and camo/vision values and mechanics.

It's probably wise to do the scouting runs in such a way that you have easy access to an escape route so if you see turrets pointing at you or shots landing nearby you can easily bail out safely.  You'll be forced to focus a bit more on the minimap and your experience to gauge which areas are safe or not.

You just have to be faster. Dont stop moving, assume that you are spotted in every place.

Sixth sens allows you to be more passive. Counter that.

Have you ever played the 12t with a newbie crew?

You can't hit anything from mid to long range if you have been moving recently.

Edit: i just realized that the OP was talking about scouts in general, and not specifically the 12t.  This entire post addresses the 12t exclusively.

The 12t REALLY wants a good crew.  Camo, 6th, gunnery skills...  I had a very young one when I started it.

Good or bad crew, the 12t should start out as a sniper or passive scout from a location with an easy escape.  If you had 6th, you could wait until it went off to abandon your passive spotting perch, but without, you have to leave well before that point.

If you had 6th, you could take shots, run just far enough to see if that got you spotted, then move back and keep shooting.  But without, you have to assume that your shots are getting you spotted if there is any reasonable chance of it at all.

Then, mid to late game, you can start to look for opportunities to ambush and clip solo tanks, or to flank.  In this case, 6th doesn't really help you that much.  As soon as you are circling an enemy or starting to put shots into the sides or rears of tanks, you KNOW you are spotted before 6th goes off.  6th will help you know that you have given away your intentions early, and warn you that they might be ready for you.  

The 12t and the other autoloders in the line are so much more powerful in the mid to late game than in the opening that it is important to get past the opening.

Be skittish.  your goal is not to get a better exchange, but to only get free hits in the early stages.  With the exception of tanks that are dumb enough to be alone and clippable in the early stages.  But otherwise, you need to err on the side of caution.  It just isn't worth taking hits since your HPs are more valuable mid/late game.

You should definitely play the hell out of the tank since there is a big crew skill bonus for playing it right now.