Joyrider216

Joyrider's Object 140 Solo Challenge (Complete)

QHFyzIw.gif

Hello tankers, come have a seat and join me on this joy ride!

In honor of acquiring my third tier 10, the Object 140, I will be conducting a challenge for myself.

Goals

- 60% Win-rate

- 3,000 Damage per game

- 30% survival rate

Rules

- Games played in batches of 3, with a max of 3 per day

- Replays posted to VBaddict

- Short description about each battle

Setup

Mhr2tMq.jpg

ONjmagw.jpg

To let myself transition to the 140 I played 5 games before I began tracking the stats.

rdEpQ86.jpg

As the challenge progresses I would greatly appreciate feedback from you the community.

Let it begin!

Your choice of crew skills looks kinda wrong, only the gunner and maybe the loader seems to have the right setup.

Good luck nonetheless :)

You dont need Clutch Braking and Mentor. I would place camouflage to work with the Optics so you can abuse view range.

Games 1-3

Kharkov, East (Win)  - Waited on the outskirts of fights for the first couple minutes, didn't engage, farmed a bit of damage, then moved in to mop up, easy win.

Tundra, South (Win)  - Took the hill with no opposition, once again farmed damage off of passing enemies and finally moved in to fight of attackers to defend  a capping teammate, died due to my lack of knowledge of the 140's depression 

Hidden Village, East (Loss) - Deployed to the typical heavy hulldown/brawl spot and lost track of my minimap and engaged in a fight with a isolated M103 without support. Took a couple hits I shouldn't have due to my lack of knowledge about the 140 depression again.

Replays: http://www.vbaddict.net/player-replays/joyrider216-na-f11919024fd438d8d715c4435c1ebaad

Winrate: 66.66%

DPG:     2,734

Survived: 33.33%

So far, results suffer from small sample size, but I seem to be on the right track, looking forward to more data.

More interesting will be the 100games after these.

5HE shells is a bit much for RU meds IMO

I ran that on my T-54, and it was nice to have when there were more than 2 rhoombas/baby waffles/ waffles

It makes engaging them much cleaner and thus my 5 HE shells.

Your choice of crew skills looks kinda wrong, only the gunner and maybe the loader seems to have the right setup.

Good luck nonetheless :)

My crew skills are totally borked, due to the fact they were from lights/heavies, but I am too poor to drop them with gold to get proper skills.

​Requesting 200 gold from AWFUL treasury, pls no bulli.

but I am too poor to drop them with gold to get proper skills.

​Requesting 200 gold from AWFUL treasury, pls no bulli.

Reset skills with silver.At the skill level you are, you gonna lose just a few % and the benefits will be more interesting. You can get that XP back sooner than later.

Games 4-6

South Coast, south (win)- Like a house of cards, blow on it and it collapses, enemy folded quickly.

Live Oaks, north (loss)- Enemy had a very mobile setup and went full rush on the rails, the game was decided and we lost.

Karelia, South (Victory)- Same set of Batchats from last game, yoloswagged into our team and I was one of the first to die.

Replays: http://www.vbaddict.net/player-replays/joyrider216-na-f11919024fd438d8d715c4435c1ebaad

Stat tracker of my choice isn't updating, any recommendations for an alternative?

I like WOT statistics.  It is the program that creates the stats you see on my challenge threads.  I don't remember where I got that program though.

You guys like that loader setup?  Mine is the same, but I've been thinking of switching to BIA/Safe Stowage/Camo

I like WOT statistics.  It is the program that creates the stats you see on my challenge threads.  I don't remember where I got that program though.

You guys like that loader setup?  Mine is the same, but I've been thinking of switching to BIA/Safe Stowage/Camo

Thanks pork and weesh, have wotnumbers setup now.

I just switched my loader to BiA/SS/ repairs

Games 7-9

Sacred Valley (win) North - Rushed to take the north hill and controlled it, locking down key targets. The east fell and moved in to flank, our team just wiped them.

Live Oaks (win) South - Went rails and due the large amount of TD's, pushed all the way under the ridge to stay under their guns. Teammates didn't and lost too much HP, fended off a bum rush fairly well, left my team in a situation where they could win, died promptly.

Hidden Village (loss) South - Moved to light from the Hulldown rock in the west, moved around taking some shots, our heavies folded and I fell back to try and scrape a win out, misjudged the T57 having a angle on me and died.

http://www.vbaddict.net/player-replays/joyrider216-na-f11919024fd438d8d715c4435c1ebaad

Three game stats:

Win-rate: 66.67%

DPG: 3,798

Survival:  0%

Overall stats:

Win-rate: 57.1%

DPG: 2,758

Survival: 28.6%

Games played: 14

Games 10-12

Airfield, west (win)- Rushed and took hill, waited for enemies to engage, then cleaned up, easy win, almost no risk to myself

Serene Coast, south (loss )- Went west, but no one deployed so fell back, but didn't do so fast enough and got cut-off.

El Halluf, South (win)- Moved and took the hulldown spot illustrated in the micro-positioning thread, slowly picking at the enemy, isolating them and then eating them with my DPM, then moved and mopped-up.

http://www.vbaddict.net/player-replays/joyrider216-na-f11919024fd438d8d715c4435c1ebaad

Three game stats:

DPG: 2,826

Survival: 66.67%

Overall Stats:

Win-rate: 58.8%

DPG: 2,770

Survival: 35.3%

Battles: 17

shot_004.jpg

Here, my setup, and i find it nice.

Click image for full res and to see crew skill.

Games 13-15

Live Oaks, south (won) Once again went rails, one of the rare good fights, a even struggle for supremacy, I sacrifice myself to give my team the win.

Steppes, south (loss) Deployed to the east, lost all support very quickly and fell back into the rocks at spawn, firing at the advancing enemy, hard to stop a tidal wave.

Swamp, east (win) Classic Swamp, a camp that ends in either a draw or a win, just getting pot shots here and there, collected 4k dmg, fairly meaningless

Three Game Stats:

DPG: 2,970

Survival: 33.34%

Overall Stats:

Win-rate: 60.0%

DPG: 2,800

Survival: 35.0%

Battles: 20

So far, 20 games in, I am feeling very confident that I will be able to meet the challenge requirements, these small, focused, three game sessions are quite fun actually. Can't wait to collect more data!

Games 16-18

Pearl River, south (loss) I miscalculated and deployed into a huge bunch of Mediums and died for my mistake.

Live Oaks, South (win) Pushed hard south, ran out of targets to shoot, a win, but not one I really influenced.

Malinovka, North (win) Went hill, simply by matchup and overmatching we won with a simple push, again, didn't influence anything.

Three Game Stats

Win-rate: 66.7%

DPG: 1,872

Survival: 66.7%

Overall Stats

Win-rate: 60.9%

DPG: 2.679

Survial: 39.1%

Battles: 23

DPG took a slight hit, but nothing to alarming, I think I played too passively in the last two games and lost out on some damage.

Slightly off topic, but I have lately made following changes to my 140 setup and it seems to be working very nice:

- drop med kit for food

- Jack of all trades for commander

- optics > vents

So I have repair kit, premium FE and food for consumables. With JOAT it's pretty ok even with one dead crew member. Also drop optics for vents to get that max crew, haven't found reduced view range that much of problem(rammer+stabs are other two obviously). I don't even have any vision skills, those would be nice but bit hard to fit in with 4 skill crew. I don't remember if I have repairs or camo on commander for 4th skill, anyway might would be a good idea to get situational awareness. But then camo and VR somehow just doesn't seem to matter me that much, might be a play style thing too.

GL with your challenge, should be doable easily! 

Games 19-21

Pearl River, west (loss)- The enemy overmatched us and just rolled through, once i saw it was a sure loss, i fell back to farm damage, but wasn't very successful 

Murovanka, south (loss) Miscalculated some and took damage I shouldn't have, as a result I died and I couldn't help my team win.

Malinovka, north (win) Moved to the hill and dominated, was a bit slow to recognize that I could farm damage and sat back to long.

Three Game Stats

Win-rate: 33.3%

DPG: 2,629

Survival: 33.3%

Overall Stats

Win-rate: 57.7%

DPG: 2,673

Survival: 38.5%

Battles: 26

Running BIA, vents, vert, rammer and food if that helps. I stopped the extinguisher because of preventative maintenance, and seem to only get set on fire I rare occasions, 1/80 games

Games 21-59

I dun goofed.

I had a ton of free time today (a lot more than I usually do) My first batch was about 9am, and I didn't do so well cus I was still waking up, but by my third batch at 1200 I was doing very well, and I just continued.

Admittedly my WR did drop some due my lack of focus, but my DPG was around 3,000-3,500, so I pressed on.

I apologize  for my laziness and hope this doesn't affect things to much.

Running BIA, vents, vert, rammer and food if that helps. I stopped the extinguisher because of preventative maintenance, and seem to only get set on fire I rare occasions, 1/80 games

At this point in 59 games I have been set fire 4 times, thank you for sharing your set-up, I may switch to it once I have more crew skills.

Noob question: russian meds get set on fire usually from fuel tanks which are front, does preventive maintenance help on that? I have it too but I feel like I got lit up way too often to skip FE.

Games 60-63

​Hidden valley, west (loss)- Met Oxmathus and a couple other BULBA's, no chance, tried farming damage, was denied.

Kharkov, east (loss)- Total massacre, nothing could be done, half the enemy team were blues and wrecked our pubbies.

Windstorm, north (win)- Isolated north and mopped up the remaining forces in the south.

Three Game Stats

Win-rate: 33.34%

DPG: 2,391

Survival 33.34%

Overall Stats

Win-rate: 55.6%

DPG: 2,873

Survival: 42.9%

Battles: 63