dualmaster333

Into the Archives - Post your early WOT Pics!

I found a folder on my computer containing my earliest tanks screenshots.  It was kind of fun to look through so I figured we should have a thread dedicated to your old pictures.  Because as much as WoT has some problems today, there were some much bigger problems back in the day!

--------------------

My first screenshot: shot_001.jpg

Ya3Aju7.jpg

Wow that old end of battle screen was ugly and useless!  While I don't remember this specific game, I do remember playing the Pz III/IV was when I really started to learn the value of flanking and shooting weak spots.  I actually specifically remember a game on Westfield in this tank - I was in the town and carefully drove around to the side of a Tiger.  It was like a revelation when shell after shell went through the nice flat sides of the Tiger.  A unicum was born!

Some old school MM

i1lcuJK.jpg

Not the best picture, but a classic matchup from the bad old days.  KVs and BDRs fighting E-75s!

My early tech progression:

PMtnEoA.jpg

ns6TbMJ.jpg

rbxGiw6.jpg

2vL2UXl.jpg

Like most people probably did, I went for all the classic WWII tanks when I started playing.  Shermans, Tigers, Panthers, and T-34s.  I also went up the Russian heavy line because I had heard about the split coming up that would net me some free credits, garage slots, and crews.  Unfortunately I was too dumb to realize that getting a free T34 would have been much more useful....

I apparently started paying attention to my stats somewhere after 2000 battles:

wCfCDLB.jpg

The oldest screenshot I have access to right now on my IMGUR account is this:

E0UPz4Y.jpg

Dat user interface doe 

D:

And from the days when Relic 2nd has a "-" instead of an "_"  (also my first rare medal)

jN8cZ.jpg

***Will post muuuuch older ones when I'm not on my work machine (getting paid to dick around on the internet at work, awwww yeah)

Didn't take screenshots at all on my time on CN server from 7.X days (lol).

However, i did take them on my first 100 or so games on NA. First screenshot (as you can tell i was one of those guys that brought a premium right off the bat, Hetzer was free exp'd because GuP):

M8B3uDA.jpg

***Will post muuuuch older ones when I'm not on my work machine (getting paid to dick around on the internet at work, awwww yeah)

I know that feeling :-D

Capture.png

Around the time I got interested in stats.  It's my first statistical spreadsheet.  Predates efficiency, WN, etc.  Doubt it can be read, but there are no US tanks.  Because they did not yet exist.

shot_067.jpg

Much newer shot, but still old.  My first 15-0 game.

Don't have my full archive available, might go digging when I get home.

I started in August, I can't believe I already had a Patton and that the Chaffee was even around. I free xp'd passed that M6 when I got raped by an IS-4 on Komorin. I still remember...ybXqehc.jpg

it's cool to look at these and kinda get a grasp at the progression of the game. I hadn't heard of the game until  June, 2013. Then i made an account, but my laptop couldn't handle it so then I bought a better one for "college" and started playing in December of the same year. It's definitely neat to look at these.

This should be my earliest screenshot:

108637473-4.jpg

Also this

108745769-4.jpg

I remember using the A-20 like a T-34, with abusive frontal armor.

I was so mistaken.

My first screenshot ever. Screenshot of a texture bug that appeared in Closed Beta.

ew32nr6.jpg

My garage at the release:

0XJXQ3x.jpg

Notice mm, not enough tanks and nice tank set ups ^^

107234112-4.jpg

And same texture bug as above :P

107168383-4.jpg

And most important, first proof of arty party + fire proof also in beta arty hate was real ^^

108483353-4.jpg

(note the time and amount of tanks left alive...)

Here i killed 2 tanks in 1 hit xD

108784274-4.jpg

Once had a 12v12 arty party on Erlenberg...let me see if I can find it on my old pc's hdd this weekend.

Man, Beta sucked lol.

All the HE xD

Back then derp HE worked differently...

If any part of the armor within its "cone of splash" was 0mm, it would fully pen no matter what (like shooting gun mantlet of hellcat with Sherman 105, or the front of the old IS-4 with the 0mm spot)

Resulted in a lot of HE spam.

Back then derp HE worked differently...

If any part of the armor within its "cone of splash" was 0mm, it would fully pen no matter what (like shooting gun mantlet of hellcat with Sherman 105, or the front of the old IS-4 with the 0mm spot)

Resulted in a lot of HE spam.

yeah back then couldnt an E8 plink HE off the UFP of a Tiger 2 back then for like 100 a shot?

yeah back then couldnt an E8 plink HE off the UFP of a Tiger 2 back then for like 100 a shot?

If you shot near the upper portion of the UFP/lower corner of LFP with the 76mm HE, yeah it could hit anywhere from 90-190 dmg a shot.

It was hilarious.

I actually archived my earliest ~100 screenshots to save space on the Harddrive. so time to open them up and see whats what:

First ever screenshot (well, second take of the first ever screenshot since I deleted the first one) It was for a school project back in 2012. lol.

sNF4nze.jpg

Second ever screenshot: I can't remember why I took this, but what I find amusing, if you look at the killfeed you see "Ninja_Cat(M18) Ninja Cat is now in Foxey with me, haha.

xT9KRF7.jpg

this one was amusing: my first and so far only ever death by having all the crew killed.

VVrlL7g.jpg

I SAW THE CHIEFTAIN IN A GAME! 

WQEpK7U.jpg

I posted this on the forums just after finding them. this T95 decided that he wasn't going to play the game because the T95 sucks on Port. 

del1XIL.jpg

my first ever BIA medal: Yep, derp shermans. HE though, not HEAT at that point. I was still to shit@tanks to not lose money firing it.

dEqKiXy.jpg

about 10 minutes after the server came back up on Christmas 2013, when they gave the T1E6 out

NLZ38Z0.jpg

this was interesting: a Top tier T-50-2? waat? Notice how I am orange and 49% on XVM, oh how far I have come.

g5vZoif.jpg

it happened again a few days later:

FsgOnte.jpg

oh here we Go: my first ever game in a platoon with Someone over yellow on XVM. Allurai being Gracious enough to help me learn how to play. this was the start of a new Era for me. 

DECa8ga.jpg

what I would consider as my first ever actual carry:

048vcna.jpg

My first ever Radleys:

XjAOCYn.jpg

v4aIXo9.jpg

thats about it really. everything else is either not very interesting or too new, lol.

good times though

Just looked through the old archive.  My Shot_001, from 10/07/2010, was some typical WG brilliance.  Match with two total tier 9s.  Despite them not being platooned, MM decided to put them both on the same team...

Some other interesting bits, like my first 2k xp game and such.  A few Whittmann's medals.   Occasional shot of a recognizable name (noticed shackram, ArmoredCorps, and lozarus with quick glances.)  A few arti parties (~7 per side), some dump matches (uneven, short teams that were thrown in when a tier 8 arti sat in queue too long.)  Relics of times long gone, like the T-23, the tier 8 Panther, the tier 9 Panther II, crews with only firefighting, repairs and camo to choose from.  

Nothing that screams "post me!" but a few that are interesting.  Let me know if any of you want to see the ones I described above.