FlorbFnarb

Missions make me a tinfoil hatter.

Just activated the missions last night to make some credits. Ran into an HT mission that requires two HT kills...and immediately couldn't be top tier to save my life, probably went ten matches without being top tier once.

Finally get a top tier match, shoot a T-150 three times in my M6 and get him to one-shottability...at which point he bounces three shots in a row until somebody else kills him.

It's no wonder there are so many tinfoil hatters on the official forums - the game seems designed to induce paranoia.

Missions do seem to exacerbate the quirks of RNG.

I've had the ram kill mission active for quite a while now, spanning around 20 games in the E-50, and a dozen or so more in various other meds.  Never got completion.  Today, I manage a ram kill in my second game.  Next game, I get another.  Game after that, I get two.  Fortunately, the second ram kill happened to complete the next mission I had chosen:  Kill 2 arti.  Weeks (albeit, weeks with little play) sitting on the same mission, and then complete two within the span of 4 games.  Also managed LT 15 from the previous tier a day or two ago.  My account must have the "favorable conditions for mission completion" flag.  I had better knock out something hard like the "start fire" mission before it expires!

I bought the T1 Heavy and smashed a T-40 the first game, then sold that shit.

OMGWHYWOULDYOUSELLITWTF

The worst mission for me is the light spotting for arty to get damage. Not only do you have to almost yolo scout on a good map, then you have to hope your arty has a good RNG roll on what you are lighting. Any of the rest you are at the mercy of team lineups and map. I got my stug ram mission in the IS-6 on a E-25.

Completely agree. See 2-4 arty per side almost every game since the missions started. The moment I started a light mission that needed arty, spend 2 hours with 0 arty in most and 1 occasionally. Need to kill a tank 1 teir higher, spend almost 3 hours as top tier and that never happens.

HT-7 - the heavy mission where you have to cap almost drove me to try tracking my own teammates in the cap circle so I could complete it.  I was stuck on that mission for around 2 months.

I've spammed more than 80 games this week trying to get MT-14 for the T28C. I can kill one,then RNG decides to screw me propper as I try to get the second! Bounces,miss,someone snuff him out just before you reload or worse still while your shell is in flight....you name it :-/

I think the problem here is that WG purposely designed them to not get completed. Remember, they see this shit as a business decision and not in the "people have fun and will throw money at us" kind of way but in the "We only want X, Y and Z of these tanks in the game" way. The fact that you have to manually select and activate each missions is retarded and forces you into a cramped playstyle and tank selection if you aren't some 30k+ battle player with every tank ever. You don't get the mindset of "oh, here's a bit of creds and such for a random reward" and instead end up going "I MUST SET TWO TANKS ON FIRE IN MY T-44 SO I CAN COMPLETE THIS SHIT AND ACTUALLY HAVE FUN".

HT-7 - the heavy mission where you have to cap almost drove me to try tracking my own teammates in the cap circle so I could complete it. I was stuck on that mission for around 2 months.

I got lucky with that one. Had to do 1k damage, but also be fast enough to potentially cap - so chose my IS. We killed all but two enemy tanks near the end, so I asked that we cap and not kill the final tank. I had led the push, taken most of the risks and done 2800 damage, so they were accommodating.

I got lucky with that one. Had to do 1k damage, but also be fast enough to potentially cap - so chose my IS. We killed all but two enemy tanks near the end, so I asked that we cap and not kill the final tank. I had led the push, taken most of the risks and done 2800 damage, so they were accommodating.

Pubbie incompetence saved me on that one.  Got it in my Excelcior.  100 cap points, as my last ally and the last enemy (both Brit TDs, I think) spent two minutes plinking off each other at 200m.

My gripe now is having a game that would finish a mission that you're not on.  Just blocked 8k+ damage while on the HT mission that requires you to block double your HP.  Add in the damage done and damage taken, this would have easily completed HT15.

Some of the mission are just so RNG based it makes my hair want to fall out even more than the kids do.
Want to kill arty - no arti for match after match.

Kill x meds a tier above - no meds but plenty of HT instead.
As for the ram kill, was stuck on that for way too long until someone rolled infront of my E75 below a hill. Tally Ho and finally got it. Now the repeat for the HTC.
Thankfully capping one was done where no one could be bothered to chase down the light tank in heavies.

Some of the mission are just so RNG based it makes my hair want to fall out even more than the kids do.

Want to kill arty - no arti for match after match.

Kill x meds a tier above - no meds but plenty of HT instead.

As for the ram kill, was stuck on that for way too long until someone rolled infront of my E75 below a hill. Tally Ho and finally got it. Now the repeat for the HTC.

Thankfully capping one was done where no one could be bothered to chase down the light tank in heavies.

Oh lol, the ramming one. Took my T1 out, naturally, immediately got bent over by RNG. Went back to garage after angry comments, took the M6 out. Idiot team started dying immediately, but fortunately some poor fool in a T-50 stopped about 50m in front of me and started pewpewing at one of my teammates, unaware of the 60 ton behemoth hurtling toward him.

Shot him on the move, slammed into him like a linebacker. I had forgotten how happy a ram kill makes me feel, and honestly the gun on the M6 is so good at longish range I don't get the ram kills in my M6 nearly as often as in my T1 anyway.

I kinda feel like a shitter for not completing the Stug missions yet, I accidentally completed HT-15 by busting out 8k damage in my T57 heavy, which was a pleasant surprise.  None of that having to bounce/tank shots bullshit.  

Although I'm improving as a light tank player to complete the light missions because fuck playing arty.  Can't carry a match worth a damn in my S-51.  *aim, aim, aim, aim, aim some more, aim, aim, ready to shoot, enemy twitches, edge of reticule, reset aim time, fuck*

Funny match this morning, completed TD-15 for concept with my T30, had something like 4200 of the 5K required, then bounced the side of a Proto with APCR of all things. Luckily I found a T-34 that showed his side turret before the end and got it done.

At least I seem to be making some credits from the missions.

I kinda feel like a shitter for not completing the Stug missions yet, I accidentally completed HT-15 by busting out 8k damage in my T57 heavy, which was a pleasant surprise.  None of that having to bounce/tank shots bullshit.  

Although I'm improving as a light tank player to complete the light missions because fuck playing arty.  Can't carry a match worth a damn in my S-51.  *aim, aim, aim, aim, aim some more, aim, aim, ready to shoot, enemy twitches, edge of reticule, reset aim time, fuck*

Hit X.  Lock the tracks.

Hit X.  Lock the tracks.

I do that, tho >_> 

If I take risk shots or not-fully-aimed ones, I tend to miss.  Arty is one of my biggest downfalls right now (as far as playing, that is: being arty safe isn't much a challenge)