Garbad

Garbad reviews the AMX CDC

Best available medium premium?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. Best available medium premium?

Can't wait to get a CDC for strongholds with tourney gold...nice review!

Its not. Thanks to being a medium, it can actually hide. Its straight line speed allows it to stay out of the focus. Its a stupidly awesome tank in strongholds (I have 177 battles in stronks thus far in it) and thanks to its gun, its not an issue in tier 10 battles. 

If it had sheltered MM, this tank would be grossly OP IMO

So, you actually consider superior to the 416, despite the gross difference in camo and raw firepower? Or is that one superior? I'd generally class it with the sniping mediums, due to the excellent firepower and camo but awkwardness.

So, you actually consider superior to the 416, despite the gross difference in camo and raw firepower? Or is that one superior? I'd generally class it with the sniping mediums, due to the excellent firepower and camo but awkwardness.

http://wotlabs.net/articles/object-416-review-pancake/

I like to think of the CDC as a portable penis with its shape. 

-

Cock-Delivery-Carriage

You have a very odd looking peepee.

Random thoughts:

• The depression is extremely comfortable and the turret doesn't have much above the gun so when you're peeking over a hill there is VERY little for the enemy to shoot back at.  This is its optimum use-- an STB/Leo-esque ridge line gun depression based sniper.
  • It NEEDS Off-Road driving because holy shit the terrain resistance is terrible.
  • With ORD, the high hp/t gives it incredibly good hill-climbing speed and raw acceleration (on par or better than equivalent light tanks).  Goes over 30 kp/h up the Himmelsdorf hill, for example.
  • Food is fine on it as it doesn't seem to be super-prone to fires; it makes very good credits if you don't spam gold.  Worst case, just do the JOAT Food/Rep/AFE thing.
  • It will take ammo rack hits from side penetrations often, similar to the E-50.  Be wary of this because even small caliber guns will cause module damage here.
  • Very good DPM/RoF.  While being a second-line tank initially, the DPM and pen give it the ability to potentially trade well late game in clean-up, especially against 8s and lower.

Nice review.

Most of my prems these days are limited to SH, because I just get ticked off trying to play them solo while I keep running into triple E50 padding toons that just RRR and autoaim with APCR, my pref 8s don't even stand a chance, and the CDC sees tier 10s. Playing the game is just about enjoyment these days.

I've been wanting a t8 prem med for a while but most of them suffer from a case of being shit.

I'm very tempted to get a CDC, love gun depression mediums and it's $30 cheeper than a fcm and going up bat line. I'm just not sure I'll play it much if it's to campy

I own both, and as Garbad alluded to, the CDC is super fun, right up until you get back to back to back Tier X games. The FCM doesn't have that issue because it has Pref MM. I think overall the FCM is more enjoyable. Yes, it is more expensive, but you don't have any of the Tier X frustrations with it which is really important. Unless you really need a French Medium trainer, I'd go with the FCM first. I do think both are fun tanks but FCM with pref MM trumps the CDC. 

Its not. Thanks to being a medium, it can actually hide. Its straight line speed allows it to stay out of the focus. Its a stupidly awesome tank in strongholds (I have 177 battles in stronks thus far in it) and thanks to its gun, its not an issue in tier 10 battles. 

If it had sheltered MM, this tank would be grossly OP IMO

On the other hand, pref MM + same gun + not much slower + won't be penned by fucking HE = good argument for buying an FCM.

garbad, will you be posting some replays?

also:

- Crew layout doesn't match the batchat, although it does match the lorraine and AMX 30.

um, the lor and batchat seem to have the same three crew members, right down to the secondary qualifications of the crew.

Am i missing something?

How is the turret ring?  My biggest bone to pick with the FCM is that probably 75% of my broken turret rings are in it.  

I honestly don't see the point of the CDC.  Everyone thinks it's god's gift to tanks when in reality it's a faster, up-tiered FCM.............

I'm at around 700 games, and I don't remember catching fire.... not that it hasn't happened I'm sure. 

They are pretty similar tanks, and I enjoy them both. I prefer the mobility on the CDC, but pref MM is just hard for me to ignore. Some Tier X games go fine, but if you can't flank, or get gaffled and can't survive until the late game they tend to not be fun. 

Good review Garbad.  I am leery of non preferred MM prems myself.

I am curious what the BT numbers turned out to be, any chance you saved that data?  Represented data does not bear me out, but it 'feels' like I see more BT 11 in the Lowe than I used to.  Curious if this translates into the CDC and even the Panth8.8.

Although, honestly, no premium (unless it is A-fucking-MAZING) is going to get me to spend money again till arty gets fixed.

My hate for the CDC is probably well known by now.

Garbad, overall, assuming that either the FCM did not have pref MM or the CDC did have pref MM, which tank would you consider to be overall better?

I find that the biggest issue with the CDC is that it has less holding power than a Light tank. literally, I feel my T-54 LW has better holding power than the CDC. it cannot hold a position at all, which means that if an enemy or two comes, you cant peekaboom them, you cant do anything. you just have to run away. this means I find it extremely hard to carry in it, it shows: 44% over 16 pub games. not a huge sample, but for the first 8 games I had won 1 of them.  I don't have this problem with the FCM, its much easier to hold in the FCM, because it can sidescrape at least, and can bounce lower tier shots if you angle well.

I also find the CDCs gun handling to be really bad, it takes forever to fully aim. the FCM has much better snap shot ability

Garbad, overall, assuming that either the FCM did not have pref MM or the CDC did have pref MM, which tank would you consider to be overall better?

CDC would be a clear upgrade.  FCM is more resistant to HE, but still soft, more prone to module trouble, and worse speed/camo/firepower.

garbad, will you be posting some replays?

also:

um, the lor and batchat seem to have the same three crew members, right down to the secondary qualifications of the crew.

Am i missing something?

How is the turret ring?  My biggest bone to pick with the FCM is that probably 75% of my broken turret rings are in it.  

I can if people care.  Anyone interested?

My mistake, I remembered lorraine having 4.

Nowhere near as bad as FCM.  TBH, I haven't had trouble with modules on the CDC.

I can if people care.  Anyone interested?

Please do. Replays of tier 10 battles and city maps are a plus.