Sign in to follow this  

On occasion I will find myself in a situation where I didn't take my opportunity to retreat when I should of and where I know the enemy tanks are just waiting for me to fire to start their push, in this situation what is my best course of action? 

Try to make it as easy as possible for the team to support you. But the situation is best to be avoided if possible obviously. If you can kill one of the enemies with one shot, definitely try to do that and then try wiggling or facehug to maximise life expectancy :)

If action leads to death, and inaction leads to stall, two things are true:

1. Inaction is superior at the moment
  2. You probably made a mistake earlier in the game (though not necessarily)

While you can't account for a competent looking team deciding to melt around you, it is important to have an out whenever possible.

While a flank seems reasonably winable, you need to stay there, since abandoning a close fight can lead to collapse.  

But when a flank is clearly lost, stay not one second longer than is safe.  If you are at a 6-3 local disadvantage, it is very unlikely that your presence will result in a good trade occurring.  It would be better to sacrifice the two (and hope they maybe take one thing out) and get away with your life.  When a team is ahead, attrition favors that team.  If you are trying to swing a weak position to victory, protection of your hitpoints becomes even more important.  Equal trades bring you closer to defeat.  Therefore, get out and find a new position to fight from.

---

If, on the other hand, action leads to probable death, and inaction leads to slow death for the rest of your team while you are pinned down, things are different.  First, be SURE that your team loses without your action.  No sense in freeing up the guys pinning you down in a close game.  Second, you may as well try for a miracle.  Do everything possible to give yourself a chance to claw your way out of the hole.  Be aware that taking one hit while escaping can be much better than waiting until the point where there is no escape.  

If death is imminent, slow them down as much as possible and give your team an opportunity to push the other flank or get into positions to defend cap once you've been demolished. If you're in a position where you can back up (even slowly) towards your team, do it, while keeping the gun pointed at the enemies. When they start to move towards you, stop and aim. If they decide to push, try to track their faster tank to prevent them from getting around you. All in all, though, getting into that position in the first place is usually the problem.. always try to gauge how quickly the tanks around you are dissipating and always get into a position where you have an escape route in case things go sour.

Hard to give advice without knowing the exact situation though. 

I am aware that when I am in that situation I have no one to blame but myself but until I can avoid it entirely, I think its a good idea to know what to do when I am in it, also thanks for working with the amount of info provided I know everything is situational I just didn't have an exact situation in mind. Thanks guys