Sign in to follow this  
YesThatWasAPCR

New contest idea- feedback wanted

So...Haswell is in hiding, and as a result that contest may take awhile, so I'm imagining a new contest, and I need some feedback.

I'm thinking an ELC deathmatch. Take a training room fill it with 30 Wotlabbers driving ELCs (50% crews all AP, no equipment/consumables to level the playing field). No shooting or ramming in the first, say 1-2 minutes to give everyone time to scatter. Then carnage ensues, and the last ELC driver standing gets a T54 proto that is supposed to drop in 9.7.

Does this sound viable? Stupid? 

Pls halp, I am bad@thinkingshitup.

So...Haswell is in hiding, and as a result that contest may take awhile, so I'm imagining a new contest, and I need some feedback.

I'm thinking an ELC deathmatch. Take a training room fill it with 30 Wotlabbers driving ELCs (50% crews all AP, no equipment/consumables to level the playing field). No shooting or ramming in the first, say 1-2 minutes to give everyone time to scatter. Then carnage ensues, and the last ELC driver standing gets a T54 proto that is supposed to drop in 9.7.

Does this sound viable? Stupid? 

Pls halp, I am bad@thinkingshitup.

He's hiding in ts with me pls no bulli

Also Im going to make a contest for an SU-122-44 for who can ruin luna's session the most amount of time lmao

This sounds pretty great actually. I'd certainly sign up for the ELC demolition derby. Just keep in mind that it would be teams, so they could hunt down their "teammates". Also, it would be near impossible to regulate the no consumables/crews stuff

How would you select 30 wotlabbers?

Not sure, I guess I could start a training room, announce it in a status, and the first 30 (or 29) that show are in. Or I could do a random drawing of peeps that might be interested.

This sounds pretty great actually. I'd certainly sign up for the ELC demolition derby. Just keep in mind that it would be teams, so they could hunt down their "teammates". Also, it would be near impossible to regulate the no consumables/crews stuff

Maybe force everybody to turn their HUDs off?

Yeah, I guess i could stopwatch reloads like Pity suggested, but other than that it would be tough to gauge crew skills. If the winner submitted a replay that would take care of equipment consumables though. 

How about this:

CARRY THE PURPLE POASTER CONTEST:

- Available to anyone who has less than dark purple recent (ie, only shitters by wotlabs standards), including euros

- You have to be in a game with a PP, but not platooned.  IE, just luck.

- You have to do carry the PPer, as defined by doing more base exp than him and at least 1000 base exp.

- You have to poast a screen of each carry, contest is to see who can get the most carries of WOTlabs PPs

- Contest goes for 30 days

Winners are:

- 1st place:  tier 8 prem of your choice

- 2nd place:  tier 6/7 prem

- 3rd place:  tier 5 or under prem

- Worst Purple Poaster Award:  Most carried PP also gets a tier 6/7 prem as a gift

If necessary you could call it the carry the padder contest, and expand it to the top ~3 clans on NA and EU instead of PPs.

How about this:

- Available to anyone who has less than dark purple recent (ie, only shitters by wotlabs standards), including euros

- You have to do carry the PPer, as defined by doing more base exp than him and at least 1000 base exp.

- You have to poast a screen of each carry, contest is to see who can get the most carries of WOTlabs PPs

Winners are:

- Worst Purple Poaster Award:  Most carried PP also gets a tier 6/7 prem as a gift

If necessary you could call it the carry the padder contest, and expand it to the top ~3 clans on NA and EU instead of PPs.

Very nice, would save me the hassle of trying to admin a shootout, stopwatch aim times, etc...also would be hard to rig since no platooning, esp. if I opened it up to the top 3 clan membership instead of just PPs. Besides, what statwhore purple is going to throw a game and hurt his precious stats so some shitter can win a tank?

edit: also excellent in that even the Yuros could participate without rerolling.

Issue with that is that the top 3 clans on NA are probably much easier to find in pubs compared to EU. Maybe do like top 5 on EU? Also how do you determine the top clans?

Just has to be thought about, sounds like a solid idea overall. 

Issue with that is that the top 3 clans on NA are probably much easier to find in pubs compared to EU. Maybe do like top 5 on EU? Also how do you determine the top clans?

Just has to be thought about, sounds like a solid idea overall. 

Yeah, EU playerbase is larger, so I could compensate for that. I would use the top clans as shown on the lower left frame of the Wotlabs homepage, as of the start date of the contest. 

Are there still 80 players in -G-?

You're forgetting one thing, the EU community isn't like the NA one. There are only a handful amount of players from top clans on EU that actively browse wotlabs. The others do their own thing.

How about this:

Winners are:

Looks like I'm using my friend's account for this one. :^)

I think the best contest is whoever can click garbad for all his hp in 1 shot  

same rules apply as the click haswell but 1 shots

please dont crucify me

You're forgetting one thing, the EU community isn't like the NA one. There are only a handful amount of players from top clans on EU that actively browse wotlabs. The others do their own thing

The idea isn't for the players in top clans to actually participate in the contest, the contest is for non purples to get higher xp than the padders super-unis do in a battle. 

Looks like I'm using my friend's account for this one. :^)

Hey, if you want your friend to get a tank, I suppose that's nice of you :)

If it's that, I doubt anybody will even try. Just look at this work of art. How can we compete with this?

6LhBYIz.png

100% I would win