TheMarine0341

Baby on the way!

Here's my guide (in no particular order):

• Talk to your child.  A lot.  Even if they're just a baby.  Explain what you're doing, what you're seeing, what you're interacting with.  Leave the baby talk to mom.  You're a man, talk like one.
  • Read to your child.  A lot.  Even if they're just a baby.
  • Touch your child.  Hug them.  Caress them.  Kiss them.  Interact with them.  Get down on the floor and play with them.
  • Your TV is not a babysitter.  Turn off your fucking TV.  Interact with your child. (see above).  Music's cool though.
  • Don't play vidya while your kid's awake and limit yourself to an hour a day or so (i screwed this up royally)
  • Tell your child you love them every single day.  And mean it.
  • Don't overthink things.  There's no user manual, instruction sheet, or even a toll free assistance line that comes with kids.  Even dads have paternal instincts.  Trust your instincts and you probably won't completely fuck the kid up.  With love, time, and interaction most other things will come naturally.

Congratulation!

Vote of approval from a father of 3. Talking and interacting OP OP!

Congrats TheMarine! Don't forget to make lots of video's of your child as it grows up! I have forgotten so many things I thought I'd never forget... It's so fun to watch video's from a while back.

Congrats Marine!!!!!!! Don't teach the baby to play arty otherwise I'll know who to direct my complaints too!!! :D

Also, don't name him Garbad..........(tee hee)

Congrats Marine!!!!!!! Don't teach the baby to play arty otherwise I'll know who to direct my complaints too!!! :D

Also, don't name him Garbad..........(tee hee)

I like how you assumed that its a boy

• Talk to your child.  A lot.  Even if they're just a baby.  Explain what you're doing, what you're seeing, what you're interacting with.  Leave the baby talk to mom.  You're a man, talk like one.
  • Touch your child.  Hug them.  Caress them.  Kiss them.  Interact with them.  Get down on the floor and play with them.
  • Your TV is not a babysitter.  Turn off your fucking TV.  Interact with your child. (see above).  Music's cool though.
  • Don't play vidya while your kid's awake and limit yourself to an hour a day or so (i screwed this up royally)
  • Don't overthink things.  There's no user manual, instruction sheet, or even a toll free assistance line that comes with kids.  Even dads have paternal instincts.  Trust your instincts and you probably won't completely fuck the kid up.  With love, time, and interaction most other things will come naturally.

Congratulation!

Adding 1, those middle of the night times when they can't sleep.  Carry them, sing to them, dance while holding them, read to them.  The tired will pass but the memories will be with you forever.

Congratulations.

Congratulation!

Congratulations, they are literally a game changer.

Babies have the ability to form good/bad habits (or more importantly form them in you).

Do

All of the above

Impose a sleep pattern. They have the physical capacity/capability to sleep through the night by 6 weeks. (Our first took 8 cause we slacked, the second took 4)

Share the squalid duties with the Mrs.

Include them in your family

Don't

Let them take over. You and the Mrs. have lives outside of children too.

Let them sleep in your bed (other than for feeding or cuddle time)

Make the house "quiet" for nap time or change the routine (too much). Play music, watch TV, run the vacuum, they can handle it.

Put your lives on hold. As a new father I cleared my schedule (gave up sports/coaching) and then was bored stiff, as the new additions are cuddly inactive lumps for the first year or so.

Be squeamish...

Anyway, Collin James was born at 12:49pm, 9lbs 22in long!!!! We're tired but have seen family, ready for our first night as a fam!

Thanks for all the advice fellas! Baby and momma are bonding great, and baby calms whenever I talk to him. Can't get enough of the Lil guy, he's the most amazing thing. Also, wife was only in active labor for 39 minutes!

Thanks for all the advice fellas! Baby and momma are bonding great, and baby calms whenever I talk to him. Can't get enough of the Lil guy, he's the most amazing thing. Also, wife was only in active labor for 39 minutes!

Glad to hear it. Enjoy every moment and every stage, because every day with your little one is amazing.

Congrats good sir.

rojo "marine is going into labor"

map "does his wife know?"