Trobs

Lowe - Or why you just wasted money

A friend of mine needs to grind money and he is arguing that his SLowe is fine.

While I've only ever played it a few times, it is not fine. My short list of problems.

-Poor DPM

-Slow as shit

-Weak front armor

-Fire

-Seriously, fire

I know there is more but it's a tank I would never buy. What else is wrong with this beast, and how can I convince him to buy something good like the KV-5.

If there's one thing the lowe does, it's earn massive amounts of money for doing basically nothing.

It's a pos in every way except pen and hull down. And sadly both of those areas are filled better by the t34. To be fair tho it doesn't catch fire anymore due to the transmission/ engine separation a few patches ago.

-Ammo rack is pretty bad

-I used to call the Lowe "the sun" because it's huge, hardly moves (in respect to us) and is always on fire

-It actually doesn't make a ton of money compared to other prems

If he's intent on a German prem get an 88.

Otherwise plsbuy IS-6 or 122-44.

Löwe beats T34, the only thing T34 is better is turret armor, 10mm pen and slightly better mobility. While having 20m more viewrange and supirior gun handling. With the recent buffs it became a decent tank, beside the mobility.

Löwe beats T34, the only thing T34 is better is turret armor, 10mm pen and slightly better mobility. While having 20m more viewrange and supirior gun handling. With the recent buffs it became a decent tank, beside the mobility.

And what is the Lowe going to do when it sees tier tens? Try to bounce shots with its turret or vision kite enemies with more than max view range and better camo?

The T34 at least has good strengths to leverage on in the form of the really tough turret and good alpha. Play it like a mini T30 in every match up and you'll do better than the shit ass Lowe.

It's a piece of shit but then again compared to tier 8 counter parts, all tier 8 prems are shit........even the T34 if you look hard enough ;)

Just tell him if he wants to make massive amounts of credits to get a tank like the FCM 50t or T-34-3, or 112 (apparently has a higher credit potential than the IS6 from what I'm told)

Stop hating! :<

shot_346.jpg

(all solo)

Because the winratio was (and is) so high, i decided to play some more games (will go till 150 i guess) before i make a sort of review. But the TL:DR will come down to: This thing looks on paper ``quite`` bad, but it is acrtually good, its simply deadly efficient at winning games, while making ridiculous much credits and beiing fun2play aswell

ps: seriously, i make more credits in 10 lowe games as in 15 KV5 or 20 IS6 games, by far the bets credit earner i ever played

If he is an inexperienced player, tell him to get a JT 88. Easy to play has the highest income.

In all honesty, its not that bad. the turret produces some nice bounces when hulldown, it can somewhat sidescrape, and the gun is reliable.

I have to agree with Folter on this one. When it comes to Löwe or T34 I would go Löwe everday simply because it can side scrape after its buffs. --> You can play to its strengths on more maps than the T34.
Personally I would also argue that a hull down Löwe isn't much softer than a hull-down T34 due to roof top overmatch on the latter.

That said this thing is slow and has armor made of gold (only possible explanation of the thing's weight). My most regretted premium purchase so far mostly due to the speed.

If you want to watch someone play the tank really good go and look in the Löwe thread for Gehaktes replays.

It has a workable mantlet and good depression for hull down

Enough side armour and length to scrape.

It has better gun handling than the T34 or god forbid IS-6

No APCR required if you can aim and know how not to go face to face vs Maus/E100, does not waste credits that way

Still capable of ramming if need be

At least has a goddamned turret (unlike JT88 which pisses me off trying to play it)

All your reasons as for why the Lowe is a waste of money apply to the T34 too, except instead of fires the T34 is blind and has garbage gun handling, weak side armor, and an unimpressive amount of HP. Would rather have a Lowe than a T34, there's only so much you can pull off with a T34.

(not that you even really need to pick between these now that the CDC is out)

-Fire

-Seriously, fire

Does it really? You're aware that now the transmission counts as engine damage but without the chance of fire? So you can't possibly be shot on fire through the front. I have 200-ish battles in it and I don't really recall fire ever being a problem.

Also 295 APCR pen doesn't give a shit about T10s.

My Lowe earned me more credits, damage, kills and losses than my T34 did...

My FCM is better though.. 

-Poor DPM

Same DPM as T34, while having better gun handling and accuracy.

-Slow as shit

yeah, can't argue there, but it's not t95

-Weak front armor

strong side armor and turret armor (mantlet really). how to play tank with weak front armor and strong side - sidescrape, not that hard

-Fire

How are you getting set on fire when hulldown or side scraping? The chance they have of setting you on fire is if they flank you or you get artyfagged.

-Seriously, fire

seriously, see above, if you're playing to the tank's strengths you don't have problems with fire

I'm frankly surprised at some of these points coming from a player of your caliber, Trobs. Yes, lowe is slow and has poor DPM, but for a heavy tank with workable armor those two qualities are not a major problem. The only big issue I've had with Lowe to make money in it is if your team is crushing 10-2, you tend to get left behind on large maps.

Here's the way I compared T34 vs Lowe when I was considering getting it:

T34 can hulldown, sniping unreliable due to poor reload time & accuracy (in other words with poor accuracy if you wiff a shot, it hurts you much more when your reload is long) - so T34 has one trick up it's sleeve

Lowe can hulldown, side scrape and snipe (good accuracy and reload) - a lot more options than t34

The only other tank that comes close is FCM, but that has to be played like a medium rather than heavy, because no workable armor

KV-5 vs Lowe - your first problem is actually getting KV-5 since it's not in the store

KV-5 has lowest alpha of all heavies (or 2nd lowest if you count the FCMedium), gun handling only a little better than 122mm guns (aka, can't snipe that well)

KV-5 has great DPM, in fact best DPM, but lowest penetration with AP, so you will have to be spamming APCR a lot, just like IS-6, and due to lower alpha, this cuts into your profits even more

KV-5 can side scrape. But my personal pet peeve is the flat faced turret - you get penned by anything with 200mm pen or more, even if hiding r2d2.

KV-5 has huge amount of HP

So, the way I look it at, KV-5 really lends itself to be played as a push tank - get close and personal and outmaneuver the opponent - get at their side so you can pen easily and don't have to use premium shells and exploit your superior DPM, hopefully with enough angling and movement you can bounce a few shots here and there, and lastly even if you take damage you have enough HP to take a good amount of hits.

I think your opinion that KV-5 is better has to be qualified, since Lowe vs KV-5 is a very different play style. And when it comes to premiums I think it's important to consider whether the player likes the playstyle that the tank offers - because if you don't like how the tank plays, you won't be playing it, unless you have crew to grind. I won't comment on earning potential of KV5, because I simply don't have first hand experience on typical earning amounts. I can say regarding the Lowe, however, that I regularly make 50k-100k net silver with premium acc.

In all honesty, its not that bad. the turret produces some nice bounces when hulldown, it can somewhat sidescrape, and the gun is reliable.

The turret is pathetic, you can easily pen cheeks and the little hatch on top.

Comparing the Lowe to the T34 is like comparing shit to vomit. Neither is appealing.

well if we are going by pure appeal principle then I wouldn't play any of the premium tanks, but I don't imagine that's a very constructive discussion point

well if we are going by pure appeal principle then I wouldn't play any of the premium tanks, but I don't imagine that's a very constructive discussion point

None of them? That's rather sad considering how many of them are wonderful tanks.

The Lowe and T34 are just bad tanks. Left behind in the dust of power creep.