bluestealth

Blue's Home For Imaginary Tanks [Q&A]

Hello friends!

I am opening this Q&A thread as part of a number of improvements 

for my stream, celebrating my recently-earned partnership with Twitch.tv.

I figure this forum is a good place for this thread, as individuals in this

community seem to enjoy the sharing of knowledge.

BlooDance2.gif

A little introduction for those who do not know me...

I joined [-G-] in July of 2013, and have been active in World of Tanks

since that time.  I have league experience in WGLNA seasons 1 & 5,

and Classic season 2.  I create, maintain, and make available my own

modpack, and run a twitch stream primarily for World of Tanks.  I have

been streaming since June of 2014.

Modpack

My modpack is primarily an aesthetic alteration of the game, built on

XVM and PMOD, focusing on color-schemes primarily.  It makes things

more...well...blue.  It is minimalist and clean, intended for long-term use. 

Twitch Stream

My twitch stream is primarily for educating the populace on how to

improve their tanking skills.  I enjoy socializing with my viewers, 

fielding questions, and listening to music any audiophile would love.

Now that is out of the way, I am happy to answer any questions you

folks may have for me.  Please try to keep modpack troubleshooting

to the thread linked above, if possible.  Thanks!

Bloo-TongueFace.gif

What is your favorite anime?

I have only watched Bleach to any significant amount, so that would have to be my answer.  I am aware that that is probably a hack answer as far as anime fans are concerned, but I have a hard time getting into anime.  Just doesn't get me very excited.  I will say that one of the better movies I have seen was Spirited Away, if that is considered anime.

Do you love me?

Is your avatar to-scale? ;)

I have only watched Bleach to any significant amount, so that would have to be my answer.  I am aware that that is probably a hack answer as far as anime fans are concerned, but I have a hard time getting into anime.  Just doesn't get me very excited.  I will say that one of the better movies I have seen was Spirited Away, if that is considered anime.

Is your avatar to-scale? ;)

Psh, yes.

I enjoy watching your saved broadcasts as I'm rarely able to catch your live streams and the saved broadcasts allows me to rewind or fast forward as needed.  Unfortunately, most of the audio gets deleted by twitch because of the background music.  Is there any way to reduce the amount of copyright protected music so at least half your saved broadcasts are audible?

How do you feel about the current state of -G-? I've heard Garbad's take on it. Would like your opinion. Thanks for streaming... I've checked it out on many occasions.

You seem to rage a lot in games. What makes you come back to play?

Most of my time playing is not spent raging.  Unfortunately, for the past week, this has not been the case.  Part of the reason for my frustration, other than the obvious, has been caused by pressures in trying to get partnership.  Now that that has been achieved, I expect to be much more relaxed, provided the matchmaking doesn't get worse.  But I don't think that is possible...

When I do get angry (And I think all players that give this game their "all" do from time to time), the good people in my clan and streaming audience keep me coming back.  So I urge you to keep watching, and come back here to let me know if the "raging" doesn't decrease.  I think it will ;)

I enjoy watching your saved broadcasts as I'm rarely able to catch your live streams and the saved broadcasts allows me to rewind or fast forward as needed.  Unfortunately, most of the audio gets deleted by twitch because of the background music.  Is there any way to reduce the amount of copyright protected music so at least half your saved broadcasts are audible?

That will only happen if I stop playing good music on my stream, or if Twitch drops their ridiculous policy regarding VODs.  Neither of which I see happening.  Sorry, but there isn't really any solution for this in the near-future.  All I can say is that I hope you are able to catch more of my live broadcasts.

How do you feel about the current state of -G-? I've heard Garbad's take on it. Would like your opinion. Thanks for streaming... I've checked it out on many occasions.

In a word, saddened.  It is always depressing to see people, friends, with whom you have spent so much time laughing and having fun with, leave so suddenly.  Most of the people we have cut in the past month have been inactive, or needed to go for other reasons (personality, lack of common sense, etc).  However, a handful of people (not all) who do not fall into that category have left the clan based on what some morons post on the forums or speculate on behind the scenes.  My guess is that their ego's couldn't handle that, so they jumped ship.  Its a shame to me and an embarrassment to them if they jumped the metaphorical ship when there was no leak, but alas, here we are.

That all being said I have confidence in my clan.  We still have the best leader I know of at the helm, and the 1st or 2nd highest concentration of raw skill on the server, but some changes needed to be made.  Most of those changes have been made (some I have already mentioned), but there will be more to come.  At the end of all this we have time to rebuild, and we intend to do so in a meaningful way.  In my mind we only lost one individual that was irreplaceable, thus far.  We are not going to rush things, or work at the pace of shitposting by some clans.  We are going to do what is right for us.  

I really appreciate you phrasing the question in such a respectable tone, as well.  Most people posing it don't have the maturity to do so.

Love your stream, blue. Still iffy on the Panther 8,8, though! Maybe if I watch you pub it some more I'll be able to leech some of your 8,8 magic. :P

Hop on my stream when I am live, and request it.  I'll be happy to take it out for a spin.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

congrats on the partnership bloo, remember that the ghost from pacman can work as your sub icon.

HIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

congrats on the partnership bloo, remember that the ghost from pacman can work as your sub icon.

Good suggestion.  I don't think pacman is public domain yet, but I doubt creating my own "ghost" would cause an issue.  Will do my research on that if my plan A falls apart.

Finally got dat partnership. I guess the chat finally suited the twitch evals. Congrats!! 

Thanks!  Yeah it took me a while, but I had a great group of people behind me.  Really appreciate all the effort people have put in for me.

*le random question out of the blue* can you suggest a couple of tanks that can take advantage of a four girl crew setup? :)

Can your next on stream third mark grind be on the waffle? Or something more exciting that the Panther 88? K thx.

I also wanted to say congratulations on getting partnered, I'm glad that finally happened, and I look forward to subbing! Also, cause I commented on the actual sub icon, I think you get two emotes. Any plans on what those are going to be?

Congratulations on the partnership, blue!

You absolutely need some sort of Twitch alert setup though for glorious subscriber stream notifications!

Hey, Blue! Gz! Good news!

So the chat activity finally paid off, woot!

piq_48086_400x400.png

Gonna have a lot of questions for you. A simple one for a start. I've recently bought IS3, free-xp'd BL9, only played very few games (>10), but so far I do more damage/contribution in IS6 (>170 games played). Any tips what to do? How would you advice to shift my play style when I use IS3?

Love your stream, blue. Still iffy on the Panther 8,8, though! Maybe if I watch you pub it some more I'll be able to leech some of your 8,8 magic. :P

Oh, so you're the Pork from the streams. :D Hey dude!

*le random question out of the blue* can you suggest a couple of tanks that can take advantage of a four girl crew setup? :)

Well, any 4 crew tank will benefit from a good crew.  I think saving a female crew for the upcoming AMX30B would be a wise idea if you plan on getting that tank.  Most of my female crews are being saved for future tanks that I plan to go for in the future, but you may consider using a female crew in whatever tank you play the most.

Can your next on stream third mark grind be on the waffle? Or something more exciting that the Panther 88? K thx.

I also wanted to say congratulations on getting partnered, I'm glad that finally happened, and I look forward to subbing! Also, cause I commented on the actual sub icon, I think you get two emotes. Any plans on what those are going to be?

Hmm, not on my next stream.  I am working on my T-55 missions and I am done with the TD missions, but I am sure I can find a tank to play that you enjoy.  As for the emotes, I do not know.  I have several other things to get done for the stream before I can think about that.

Congratulations on the partnership, blue!

You absolutely need some sort of Twitch alert setup though for glorious subscriber stream notifications!

Good suggestion, Zeven.  I will certainly look into that.

Congratulations on the partnership Blue! I was curious of your opinion on weekend games and the difference between East/West servers at different times of the day, do you notice anything? I could just be delusional thinking the quality of games are worse on the weekend and also East/West at different times of the day.. thoughts? 

Hey, Blue! Gz! Good news!

So the chat activity finally paid off, woot!

Gonna have a lot of questions for you. A simple one for a start. I've recently bought IS3, free-xp'd BL9, only played very few games (>10), but so far I do more damage/contribution in IS6 (>170 games played). Any tips what to do? How would you advice to shift my play style when I use IS3?

Do you have any other modules bought on the IS-3, or just the gun?  I don't remember whether or not the turret/tracks were required for that gun, it was a while ago when I went down that line.  10 games with any tank is a very small sample size, but I would recommend toning down your aggression with the IS-3 until you figure out the basic limitations of the tank.  Then you can ramp it back up gradually until your performance starts dropping off again.  You will have to figure out your place in tier X battles, since the IS-6 does not see that tier.  Once you can get the correct pacing down, the rest should come easy, as you stated you do alright with the IS-6 and the general playstyles are very similar.

Congratulations on the partnership Blue! I was curious of your opinion on weekend games and the difference between East/West servers at different times of the day, do you notice anything? I could just be delusional thinking the quality of games are worse on the weekend and also East/West at different times of the day.. thoughts? 

Thanks chey!  I am of the opinion that the difference between weekends and weekdays is small, if it exists at all.  There are a couple exceptions with this, for example, spring break + weekend = pain.  As for the West/East comparison, I have never noticed any significant difference there, either.  

I do think there is a difference between the time of day, but only because there are significantly more people playing during peak hours, than during "off" hours.  I think the increased traffic during the evenings (US time zones) enables the mm'ing algorithms to spit out better or fairer pairups.  Obviously not every day presents itself to me following that suspicion, but in general playing during "off" hours feel tougher to me.

Of course, none of these perceived differences would be an adequate answer for as to why it sometimes feels that the teams you are put on are dumber than those of the enemy.  For speculating on reasons why that may happen, I would need to get my special hat on, and I can't make too many more as I am almost out of Reynolds Wrap.   :doge:

As many have said congratulations on the partnership finally. The chat spam at times just for activity was amusing in itself.

At least you mostly only have MM frustration. I get to be frustrated with myself for making stupid mistakes and the MM lol. Salty Blue best Blue ;).

Hi Blue, nice to see you here!

I've been wondering how you came across the Danish band Nephew? I noticed you played it quite a lot on your stream a couple of months back.

Do you have a connection to Denmark of some sort, or did you just come across them randomly?

Thanks for a great and very interactive stream.