I'm so sorry to see you go X3N4 and I hope you change your mind on this. Yes, the pubs are very toxic now in EU but they are always toxic in different ways. Some days I rage at them myself just because of how unbelievably ridiculous and moronic they are. However, I also see it as part of the challenge of being a good player, to be able to deal with this shit that's being flung at you by monkeys aka teammates/enemies/WG. I guess I do understand your reasons for wanting to leave but I hope you reconsider. And I have said this before but I'll say it again, you are helping a lot of shitters, like myself, become better players. Just look at my recents. My WN8 has gone up by 1k since I've started watching your replays and streams. Like others have already said, you are a motivation for many of us quite simply.

On 23/06/2016 at 4:54 AM, DirtyACE7 said:

I'm so sorry to see you go X3N4 and I hope you change your mind on this. Yes, the pubs are very toxic now in EU but they are always toxic in different ways. Some days I rage at them myself just because of how unbelievably ridiculous and moronic they are. However, I also see it as part of the challenge of being a good player, to be able to deal with this shit that's being flung at you by monkeys aka teammates/enemies/WG. I guess I do understand your reasons for wanting to leave but I hope you reconsider. And I have said this before but I'll say it again, you are helping a lot of shitters, like myself, become better players. Just look at my recents. My WN8 has gone up by 1k since I've started watching your replays and streams. Like others have already said, you are a motivation for many of us quite simply.

Sorry bro but it's just how I do things. I do them for a certain while and for 100% but once I'm fed up I'm done with it. With this game I always wondered when that moment came but you just know it when it has come that far and that was last week. Even if I would get payed for every stream I wouldn't do it... I had a similar experience with parties&nightlife: I had a blast going crazy whenever I had the time (also during the week a whole lot) but one morning after 2.5 years of clubbing every weekend I literally just woke up and knew that I'm done with it.

It's really nice to hear I managed to help people out, these forums have been a nice place to share and discuss ideas and concepts related to this game and it has helped me out as well. I might post some stuff if people are interested like how I got into the mindset for a real tryhard session etc .tho

1 minute ago, X3N4 said:

I might post some stuff if people are interested like how I got into the mindset for a real tryhard session etc .tho

Yes, please

So which playlists are you using on stream except for Audiomachine - Decimus? :music:

Thanks X3N4. I echo Dirty. You assisted breathing new life into my pixel tanking. Even at my lower skill level I get yollod and targeted by clickers often, playing solo.

But WoT is just a dysfunctional arcade game nothing more and nothing less. 

Stay safe

Bood

6 hours ago, Zokiller said:

So which playlists are you using on stream except for Audiomachine - Decimus? :music:

Audiomachine - Decimus

Audiomachine - Magnus

Thomas Bergersen - Illusions

This two steps from hell best of

Spoiler

Good music to get you hyped, listening to that shit in the gym anyway. The other shit is trance and I assume you're not interested in that since Audiomachine stuck with you.

When I did a REAL tryhard session first of all I never listened to music. Usual preparation was like this:

• Watch a top streamer play for like 15-20 mins. Guy had to be at least as good as me. Observe his minimap while he's playing and get into the decision making aspect of the game.
  • My gameplay was based on four principles. Things I have to look out for when playing. Read them before you start
    Minimap (look on it as much as you can)
    Inconvenience (Kewei put it in one word which is really nice, don't draw aggro from opponents is what I had before)
    Aggression (I'm naturally more of an oldschool, campy player since I've been around already when the meta was a lot different)
    Meatshields (Never be alone)
  • First few games I use the 30s countdown to aim on tanks of my team in all kinds of distances to get my aim going because I don't want to fail at locking far away targets with autoaim. That's something I think I've gotten pretty good at towards the end, constantly aiming and scanning whether I have a direct line of fire through the contour and if I did instantly lock with autoaim. Autoaim+ takes a lot of skill away from this and that's why I REALLY don't like the mod, the advantage it gives is pretty substantial.

That's that, hope it helps.

9 minutes ago, Boodaxe said:

Thanks X3N4. I echo Dirty. You assisted breathing new life into my pixel tanking. Even at my lower skill level I get yollod and targeted by clickers often, playing solo.

But WoT is just a dysfunctional arcade game nothing more and nothing less. 

Stay safe

Bood

Thanks bro, glad I could help out.

Lastly that's what I feel has been my greatest accomplishment in WoT: The month of April

Spoiler

fjIniQ2.png

I don't think a whole lot of guys ever were better on a sample size this large. Coincidentally, this was the last time I somewhat had fun in the game.

When I did a REAL tryhard session first of all I never listened to music. Usual preparation was like this:

• Watch a top streamer play for like 15-20 mins. Guy had to be at least as good as me. Observe his minimap while he's playing and get into the decision making aspect of the game.
  • My gameplay was based on four principles. Things I have to look out for when playing. Read them before you start
    Inconvenience (Kewei put it in one word which is really nice, don't draw aggro from opponents is what I had before)
    Aggression (I'm naturally more of an oldschool, campy player since I've been around already when the meta was a lot different)
  • First few games I use the 30s countdown to aim on tanks of my team in all kinds of distances to get my aim going because I don't want to fail at locking far away targets with autoaim. That's something I think I've gotten pretty good at towards the end, constantly aiming and scanning whether I have a direct line of fire through the contour and if I did instantly lock with autoaim. Autoaim+ takes a lot of skill away from this and that's why I REALLY don't like the mod, the advantage it gives is pretty substantial.

Thanks, which streamers would you recommend? and for how long do you keep your tryhard sessions? 

i cant find a balance between i either end up short with 5k WN8 or a long with 3k... :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Zokiller said:

Thanks, which streamers would you recommend? and for how long do you keep your tryhard sessions? 

i cant find a balance between i either end up short with 5k WN8 or a long with 3k... :facepalm:

Depends on how good you are. That's why I said as good as you or better. My guys were always Decha, Skylex and Stanlock.

2 hours ago, X3N4 said:

Watch a top streamer play for like 15-20 mins.

Or you could just watch your self play in the middle of a session. :P

Anyway, I admire people like you who "tryhard" anything and everything in their life even if its an online game cause whats the point of being average, everyone can be avrage, its easy, its borring...

Since you are done with random battles, maybe you could try FC-ing, calling CW's, tournaments and such. That could take your mind off of the random battles and you might squeeze out those last drops of enjoyment from WoT (it would be a new challenge at least).

On the other hand, would you (sometime in the future) review a small session of mine (3-5 games), to point out what I suck at, what part of my gameplay needs to improve. I understand if Im asking a lot cause if someone asked me to review his games I probably wouldn't do it so... :P

16 hours ago, X3N4 said:

Sorry bro but it's just how I do things. I do them for a certain while and for 100% but once I'm fed up I'm done with it. With this game I always wondered when that moment came but you just know it when it has come that far and that was last week. Even if I would get payed for every stream I wouldn't do it... I had a similar experience with parties&nightlife: I had a blast going crazy whenever I had the time (also during the week a whole lot) but one morning after 2.5 years of clubbing every weekend I literally just woke up and knew that I'm done with it.

It's really nice to hear I managed to help people out, these forums have been a nice place to share and discuss ideas and concepts related to this game and it has helped me out as well. I might post some stuff if people are interested like how I got into the mindset for a real tryhard session etc .tho

I completely understand that as I'm like you in that regard. When something catches my interest I want to completely dedicate myself to it but then after a while I feel like I get burned out and tired of it and in my mind I know that I will most likely not do it either ever again or not for a long time. It's like there's no real middle. I'm either all in or completely out... that's what she said ;)

9 hours ago, X3N4 said:

This is awesome! Thank you for posting this man!

I was actually surprised to see your first step as I do the same thing before I play. I'll watch some replays or stream for like 20 minutes of a really good player.

7 hours ago, X3N4 said:

Depends on how good you are. That's why I said as good as you or better. My guys were always Decha, Skylex and Stanlock.

I know you are trying to study Russian and I wish you had a solid knowledge of it because then I could recommend a pretty awesome streamer for you to watch. He goes by name _AkTep. I wouldn't say that he is among the best players out there but he is solid. However, that's not really the main reason to watch him. What he specializes in is raging on absolutely epic levels which are very entertaining. His rages in a way that is also very reflective of how many of us (including yourself) feel about the current state of the game and the kind of general people that play it. One of the things he does is like the "Name and shame" thread we have here on WoTLabs. He just looks up service records of various players from his battles and just lays into them. I wont say much more but it's like seeing someone express every cold hard truth and every frustration and that you feel about playing but he also does it in a funny way, whether it's dealing with MM or RNG or arty or teammates or WG's ideas, just all these topics and more. A lot of times he makes up analogies or tells hilarious stories that relate to the various shit in the game.

On 6/25/2016 at 10:56 PM, Jug0sLovEn said:

Since you are done with random battles, maybe you could try FC-ing, calling CW's, tournaments and such. That could take your mind off of the random battles and you might squeeze out those last drops of enjoyment from WoT.

You must be drunk, since FCing and calling has to be one of most frustrating things ever. Calling =/= enjoyment. There's a reason why FCs always get top dollar when payout comes.

On 25/06/2016 at 8:22 PM, X3N4 said:

That is the first time i hear someone say don't be aggro in WOT but i have to say it's a really good advice and it might explain why i didn't understand how some top streamer get left out sometimes and are then able to fully play with such freedom. 

Just like never get the first spotted because arty will stay on you until you get unlit for a long time or never insult ennemy arty because they just won't let you go after that. 

Well your quitting is worst news for me these days. I learn many things watching your replays and stream. Hope to see you some day in random.

Thank you for sharing your info with us. For all your replays and stream I can only say "gg wp". 

On 26/06/2016 at 5:31 AM, DirtyACE7 said:

I completely understand that as I'm like you in that regard. When something catches my interest I want to completely dedicate myself to it but then after a while I feel like I get burned out and tired of it and in my mind I know that I will most likely not do it either ever again or not for a long time. It's like there's no real middle. I'm either all in or completely out... that's what she said ;)

This is awesome! Thank you for posting this man!

I was actually surprised to see your first step as I do the same thing before I play. I'll watch some replays or stream for like 20 minutes of a really good player.

I know you are trying to study Russian and I wish you had a solid knowledge of it because then I could recommend a pretty awesome streamer for you to watch. He goes by name _AkTep. I wouldn't say that he is among the best players out there but he is solid. However, that's not really the main reason to watch him. What he specializes in is raging on absolutely epic levels which are very entertaining. His rages in a way that is also very reflective of how many of us (including yourself) feel about the current state of the game and the kind of general people that play it. One of the things he does is like the "Name and shame" thread we have here on WoTLabs. He just looks up service records of various players from his battles and just lays into them. I wont say much more but it's like seeing someone express every cold hard truth and every frustration and that you feel about playing but he also does it in a funny way, whether it's dealing with MM or RNG or arty or teammates or WG's ideas, just all these topics and more. A lot of times he makes up analogies or tells hilarious stories that relate to the various shit in the game.

I know Akter but for my taste he's kind of too bad and he talks way too fast and understandable for me. I can sort of understand what skylex means cause he's not really elaborate in his commentary, more like "this dude's watching only me again" etc. But I have not progressed in Russian that much, don't have a whole lot of time atm. I wanna maybe catch up again in one of the next weeks and start progressing more...

On 25/06/2016 at 10:56 PM, Jug0sLovEn said:

Or you could just watch your self play in the middle of a session. :P

Anyway, I admire people like you who "tryhard" anything and everything in their life even if its an online game cause whats the point of being average, everyone can be avrage, its easy, its borring...

Since you are done with random battles, maybe you could try FC-ing, calling CW's, tournaments and such. That could take your mind off of the random battles and you might squeeze out those last drops of enjoyment from WoT (it would be a new challenge at least).

On the other hand, would you (sometime in the future) review a small session of mine (3-5 games), to point out what I suck at, what part of my gameplay needs to improve. I understand if Im asking a lot cause if someone asked me to review his games I probably wouldn't do it so... :P

I'm not that much of a "tryhard" but I get an insane amount of fun when I optimise things and it actually works out. Like right now I'm getting into that workout and nutrition shit somewhat and it's amazing how  quickly you can progress with a little discipline and just doing the right things. Somehow and in some area you're always improving and taking small steps forward, it's fucking amazing.

I'll never FC, there's reasons for that and I won't get into detail. I can't enjoy things like that at all.

About the replay review I don't know and honestly I don't really wanna do it because then everyone's gonna come "can you review a few of me?"... It's no fun for me personally and I don't get anything out of it. Maybe pick a single game, guess that's a compromise.

6 hours ago, X3N4 said:

Like right now I'm getting into that workout and nutrition shit somewhat and it's amazing how  quickly you can progress with a little discipline and just doing the right things. Somehow and in some area you're always improving and taking small steps forward, it's fucking amazing.

About the replay review I don't know and honestly I don't really wanna do it because then everyone's gonna come "can you review a few of me?"... It's no fun for me personally and I don't get anything out of it. Maybe pick a single game, guess that's a compromise.

Lifting is the number one killer of WoT, I did the same shit to replace it and... It's insane how quickly you can transform your body into that of a god with enough consistency and hard work! What are you doing in the gym/kitchen right now?

On the point of reviewing replays. Just charge exceptional rates and do it for maximum of one hour a day. This could really add up if you get a consistent customer base like Carbon, even if it isn't fun to do (that's why they call it compensation! :D)

Lastly xena, I have one thing to say; thanks for being around, for the good famu fights, farm shows and advice... In a phrase: GG was close.

On 2016. 06. 22. at 8:40 PM, Siimcy said:

MFW Orza already has nearly 62k battles? Horre fuk.

Lots of people seem to be quitting, and I think summer will also affect stuff, it always did for me. :feelsbad: 

it affects me because who gonna choose this piece of shit pixel game instead of going to the beach or working out?! At least in summer tbh

3 hours ago, Vindi said:

it affects me because who gonna choose this piece of shit pixel game instead of going to the beach or working out?! At least in summer tbh

I personally hate summer. Spring or autumn is what I prefer, also dislike winter. I will proceed to do nothing like every year. :feelsbad: *derailing this thread to the maximum*

20 hours ago, Jug0sLovEn said:

Deal :)

hit me (that one is still free:feelsbad:)

20 hours ago, Gashtag said:

Lifting is the number one killer of WoT, I did the same shit to replace it and... It's insane how quickly you can transform your body into that of a god with enough consistency and hard work! What are you doing in the gym/kitchen right now?

On the point of reviewing replays. Just charge exceptional rates and do it for maximum of one hour a day. This could really add up if you get a consistent customer base like Carbon, even if it isn't fun to do (that's why they call it compensation! :D)

Lastly xena, I have one thing to say; thanks for being around, for the good famu fights, farm shows and advice... In a phrase: GG was close.

I actually reduced the amount of sport I was doing during the week.  A couple of months ago I was at 6-7 times and doing all kinds of shit: lifting (like 2x), some kind of gymnastics (2x), track and field (1x at least), some Tabata HIIT (1x-2x) and sometimes some 2h+ cycling tours. So what happened is that I was pretty fit in a lot of areas but not really standing out in anything. I really had a flat tire by thursday latest cause going hard 4-5 days in a row just tires you out even when it's different things. Can't sleep 10 hours a day any through which I felt I could mitigate some of the fatigue. Also while I was eating pretty healthy I wasn't really tracking shit. And things like walnuts are healthy but also have a shit ton of energy...

So what I did is first of all look at my nutrition and start tracking that shit. I ate a lot of fat, sometimes ~3x g of my bodyweight in kg. Pretty low in carbs (but way not low enough for a real ketogenic diet), decent in Protein. So I switched that a tad bit, I still love me my nuts or some really dark chocolate but I'm not going crazy on it any more. Right now I'm consuming a lot less energy which means together with my really decent metabolism I'm losing fat steadily. I'm not big (yet) by any means but I'm pretty fucking ripped, which is the first stage of this thing I guess. And I don't have a super strict diet at all, it's still pretty random actually but working :D I'm down 3kg total now.

What helps me in that regard is that I'm doing intermittent fasting. I gotta wake up at 6am these days and I was able to force feed myself but it took a shitload of time every morning. Fasting makes my life a lot easier cause I can wake up later and have no stress whatsoever, I just eat at work. It also means I have a way easier time hitting my nutrition goals cause I have to eat my food during a smaller window of time. Plus I'm not tired in the morning at all because I didn't force a meal down my throat. 10/10 thing.

As far as working out goes I'm doing 5x max currently. In the gym I was doing some pretty standard 3x8 reps shit before with a split consisting of A(deadlift/overhead press/chin ups) and B(squats/barbell rows/incline dumbbells). Still doing that but now I'm on a 5x5 routine with pretty heavy shit compared what I was doing before (weighted chin ups for instance). Also tracking it and making sure I progress every workout. Strength has actually been increasing because of that despite me losing weight. Added to that I'm still doing the gymnastics and mobility focused workout because it gives me a nice balance and gets me more flexible. It also has some bodyweight training elements but that's fine, I can schedule the days in a way it doesn't really conflict with the gym. And working out 2 days in a row doesn't kill me at all, I've been doing competitive sports all my youth with way crazier volume and shorter rest periods. Still doing some occasional track and field but I got me a pair of vibrams and I'm trying to get into barefoot running a little. It's a lot more fun than running in normal shoes (which bores me to death) plus it beefs up your calves. Absolute win/win

Just wrote that down quickly, doesn't cover all of it but you probably get an idea. And your guys and especially you have always been good sports about anything, so thanks back for being around, for providing entertainment and knowledge, you get what I mean. Even though we disagreed on some things (like Garbad shitlord) ;)

Also official note: I'm now charging 5 € per reviewed replay from now on. And no volume discount, the more I gotta do it the more annoying that shit gets :happyfish:

While looking for a replay I figured out I spent so much time watching other players replays that I never actually bothered to watched my own ones. I'm stuck at 3-3.5k dpg in tier X for a long time (Although I wasn't really trying that much tbh) so watching my own replays might help me "get unstuck".

Anyway, I dont want to miss my free review so here's one

http://wotreplays.com/site/2786005?secret=ce717ad2ffb102aa000f2fbec3f03891

16 hours ago, X3N4 said:

What helps me in that regard is that I'm doing intermittent fasting. I gotta wake up at 6am these days and I was able to force feed myself but it took a shitload of time every morning. Fasting makes my life a lot easier cause I can wake up later and have no stress whatsoever, I just eat at work. It also means I have a way easier time hitting my nutrition goals cause I have to eat my food during a smaller window of time. Plus I'm not tired in the morning at all because I didn't force a meal down my throat. 10/10 thing.

Intermittent fasting is very effective for fat loss and I experienced also more mental energy at work. Big drawback for me was bad breath. So I had to quit.  Working with business insurance sales. I cant gamble with bad breath. Wife was complaining too.  :feelsbad: