Garbad

A look at my win rate by Map and Map type

What kind of maps do you prefer?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of maps do you prefer?

Because of the stigma assault has, most 800-1800 WN8 players have it turned off.

This isn't quite my experience.

it seems more like most 1800+ have it turned off, and the ratio of 800-1800 to worse players has stayed about constant.  

My 1550 overall is seldom enough to be top dog.  

Does this affect your analysis in any way? By exiting early I assume you mean you died early and exited tanks? This somehow caused the wot statistics program not to record the map or results for that match?

I ask because if this is so, one might say that exiting early is a sign that a game isn't going well/you're on tilt/you know you're done for the night, which might lead someone to assume that most of the ~350 are actually losses that aren't being considered in the analysis.

Not necessarily.  It more likely means I am playing solo and died early.  That probably means more likely to be a loss, but not always.  If I am in a platoon and die early I sit there and watch either way.  So I don't think its a huge factor, but who can say?  Its an unknown.

I've also recently turned assault mode on for some missions. It is fun exploiting the predictability of both the Assaulting and Defending team's actions. Even with the slightly increased chance of a draw, I think the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Increased chance of draw?

I've had it on since the beginning cause I like variety.  I nominate Sand River for shittiest assault map.

Any self respecting padder needs to turn Assault on.

And that's probably the difference.  Wn8 padding doesn't care if you have a spawn with a 40% chance to win.  Wn8 just enjoys the chance to feast on lower quality players and who cares about the loss.

I've also recently turned assault mode on for some missions. It is fun exploiting the predictability of both the Assaulting and Defending team's actions. Even with the slightly increased chance of a draw (encounter fuck!), I think the benefits outweigh the negatives.

Increased chance of draw?

I've had it on since the beginning cause I like variety.  

Fixed.  Mixed modes up.  However, it is harder to pull out a carry against entrenched reds when your entire team derps in quickly.

So Garbad,

you are playing below optimal some maps or Wargaming made them in a way it forces 50/50 chances? Or both?

And i will install the program RIGHT NOW. This is just a good way to metric your performance and find weakspots in your gameplay...

Either you have no clue about this game (seems likely looking at your stats, no offense) or you have played it last 1.5 years ago when it was indeed terrible.

I hate/hated Assault... but i have not played it since their was a Proko assault (that was a fun, 3 choke point with a hill overlooking them), dont know how long ago, but it was quite awhile back

So Garbad,

you are playing below optimal some maps or Wargaming made them in a way it forces 50/50 chances? Or both?

And i will install the program RIGHT NOW. This is just a good way to metric your performance and find weakspots in your gameplay...

Probably some mix of both.  We know some maps have a high chance of draw (swamp), we know some spawns have a much better chance than others (sacred team 1).  And its also very probable I simply play some maps better than others due to style, knowledge of the map, etc.

I can't imagine wanting to play those modes as a solopubber

I remember looking at my own map breakdown some time ago.  The thing I found most interesting was the imbalance between sides.  Some maps had a near 20 point difference in win rate depending on which side I started on.

I'm curious is you see the same thing.  I imagine the gaps are not nearly so large, but do you do significantly worse on one side of some maps?

I remember looking at my own map breakdown some time ago.  The thing I found most interesting was the imbalance between sides.  Some maps had a near 20 point difference in win rate depending on which side I started on.

I'm curious is you see the same thing.  I imagine the gaps are not nearly so large, but do you do significantly worse on one side of some maps?

I don't have access to that data, but I imagine I do as well.  Some maps are stacked.

And that's probably the difference.  Wn8 padding doesn't care if you have a spawn with a 40% chance to win.  Wn8 just enjoys the chance to feast on lower quality players and who cares about the loss.

Mhm. And which spawn on which assault should that be actually? As a skilled player these give you the most influence over the battle. Most have multiple routes of attack with workable middles, ridges to play vision control and abuse camo. Basically the game you are ideally talking about. You come here and say that you're shit on corridor maps and you don't like them yet you turn encounter on which instantly turns every map into a corridor map. Quit making yourself look stupid.

Mhm. And which spawn on which assault should that be actually? As a skilled player these give you the most influence over the battle. Most have multiple routes of attack with workable middles, ridges to play vision control and abuse camo. Basically the game you are ideally talking about. You come here and say that you're shit on corridor maps and you don't like them yet you turn encounter on which instantly turns every map into a corridor map. Quit making yourself look stupid.

Erlenberg assault has 40% chance to win for the attacker.  Cum or not, why handicap yourself to that degree?  That's why most turn it off. And enc mode doesn't turn maps into corridors, it turns them into movement.  It punishes the potatos who just sit there in TDs and rewards attack.

P.S.  And speaking of making yourself look stupid, you might want to read my poast where I say why I turned off ass mode.

Not necessarily.  It more likely means I am playing solo and died early.  That probably means more likely to be a loss, but not always.  If I am in a platoon and die early I sit there and watch either way.  So I don't think its a huge factor, but who can say?  Its an unknown.

Huh.  Figured you'd be getting the data from VBAddict, which has the side break down as well.

Yea, vbaddict.net has great data.

From my last 5700 standard battles, here are my most uneven map winrates.

kLV0wMD.png

N5ovXFG.png

Some maps are just plain stacked against one team.  Remember the old Malinovka assault?  You were screwed if you got the attacking spawn (team 2).  Even my baddie self had 100% on defence and 50% attack (small sample though).

Recently, they're better balanced.  Worst appears to be Karelia.  Tend to derp more easily/quickly on this map, so you have less time to influence the battle.  Maybe because it's wide open.  Actually, thinking about it maybe the angled/cornered assault maps (karelia,malinovka) are worse than the north/south or east/west maps?

vhleLta.png

Some maps are just plain stacked against one team.  Remember the old Malinovka assault?  You were screwed if you got the attacking spawn (team 2).  Even my baddie self had 100% on defence and 50% attack (small sample though).

Recently, they're better balanced.  Worst appears to be Karelia.  Tend to derp more easily/quickly on this map, so you have less time to influence the battle.  Maybe because it's wide open.  Actually, thinking about it maybe the angled/cornered assault maps (karelia,malinovka) are worse than the north/south or east/west maps?

vhleLta.png

That's what all the haters say.Remember old Malinovka and prokh assault blabla. Well I do but it's 2015 man, times have changed.  Karelia is fine, the only tough one is Erlenberg defence in my opinion because pubbies tend to camp A0 and five tanks sitting there make the game unwinnable.

Karelia assault is just... play 1 line? It's really not that hard?!

Sand River is something I have difficulties with being on the defending side but I guess that just comes from my own inexperience. 

Erlenberg seems to play almost the same, at least on the west flank which I almost always play, a little more aggressive from the attacking side though which is useful from both sides. 

Siegfried Line has great spots on both spawns, it's the best version of this map as a whole IMO. 

I can't recall if there's any other map for assault atm, but it's very enjoyable for me and something a little different to the game. 

I think I'd like some form of Redshire encounter, however it wouldn't work as it is now, maybe slightly reworked.

That's what all the haters say.Remember old Malinovka and prokh assault blabla. Well I do but it's 2015 man, times have changed.  Karelia is fine, the only tough one is Erlenberg defence in my opinion because pubbies tend to camp A0 and five tanks sitting there make the game unwinnable.

JUz554f.png

Yep, Erlenberg is the worst for assault. But there are plenty of uneven map+mode+spawn combos not far behind.

Karelia assault is just... play 1 line? It's really not that hard?!

Sand River is something I have difficulties with being on the defending side but I guess that just comes from my own inexperience. 

Erlenberg seems to play almost the same, at least on the west flank which I almost always play, a little more aggressive from the attacking side though which is useful from both sides. 

Siegfried Line has great spots on both spawns, it's the best version of this map as a whole IMO. 

I can't recall if there's any other map for assault atm, but it's very enjoyable for me and something a little different to the game. 

I think I'd like some form of Redshire encounter, however it wouldn't work as it is now, maybe slightly reworked.

Maybe I was playing it badly but I'm often in scouts and they'd be useless poking on the 1 line.  I probably too often try a risky move like crossing the field early and get yolo'd.

Also, here are the global winrates on vbaddict for assault mode.

Map, Team, Gametype                             Battles    Values

1.     [Erlenberg] Erlenberg Team 2 Assault            23,121     57.85 %

2.     [sand River] Sand River Team 1 Assault          23,065     54.14 %

3.     [Karelia] Karelia Team 1 Assault                24,791     52.49 %

4.     [siegfried Line] Siegfried Line Team 2 Assault  23,095     51.33 %

5.     [siegfried Line] Siegfried Line Team 1 Assault  23,095     48.88 %

6.     [Karelia] Karelia Team 2 Assault                24,790     46.99 %

7.     [sand River] Sand River Team 2 Assault          23,066     45.05 %

8.     [Erlenberg] Erlenberg Team 1 Assault            23,122     41.75 %

Here's the encounter win rates.

Map, Team, Gametype                           Battles    Values

1.     [Lakeville] Lakeville Team 2 Encounter         13,019     54.80 %

2.     [Prokhorovka] Prokhorovka Team 2 Encounter     8,696      54.27 %

3.     [steppes] Steppes Team 1 Encounter             12,936     53.39 %

4.     [sacred Valley] Sacred Valley Team 2 Encounter 12,968     53.07 %

5.     [Fiery Salient] Fiery Salient Team 1 Encounter 8,610      52.89 %

6.     [Himmelsdorf (Winter)] Team 2 Encounter        8,702      52.67 %

7.     [Malinovka] Malinovka Team 2 Encounter         12,964     52.38 %

8.     [Himmelsdorf] Himmelsdorf Team 2 Encounter     8,951      52.30 %

9.     [Mines] Mines Team 2 Encounter                 12,811     52.16 %

10.     [Winterberg] Winterberg Team 2 Encounter      8,853      51.96 %

11.     [sand River] Sand River Team 2 Encounter      7,877      51.18 %

12.     [El Halluf] El Halluf Team 1 Encounter        12,849     51.10 %

13.     [Ruinberg] Ruinberg Team 1 Encounter          8,815      50.88 %

14.     [Ensk] Ensk Team 1 Encounter                  12,778     50.76 %

15.     [Redshire] Redshire Team 1 Encounter          12,947     50.63 %

16.     [Erlenberg] Erlenberg Team 2 Encounter        8,016      50.25 %

17.     [siegfried Line] Siegfried Team 2 Encounter   7,936      49.94 %

18.     [Murovanka] Murovanka Team 2 Encounter        13,026     49.90 %

19.     [Ensk] Ensk Team 2 Encounter                  12,778     49.54 %

20.     [Erlenberg] Erlenberg Team 1 Encounter        8,014      49.48 %

21.     [Murovanka] Murovanka Team 1 Encounter        13,028     49.24 %

22.     [Ruinberg] Ruinberg Team 2 Encounter          8,816      49.16 %

23.     [siegfried Line] Siegfried  Team 1 Encounter  7,937      49.08 %

24.     [Redshire] Redshire Team 2 Encounter          12,947     48.83 %

25.     [El Halluf] El Halluf Team 2 Encounter        12,849     48.74 %

26.     [sand River] Sand River Team 1 Encounter      7,877      48.53 %

27.     [Himmelsdorf] Himmelsdorf Team 1 Encounter    8,950      48.02 %

28.     [Winterberg] Winterberg Team 1 Encounter      8,854      47.54 %

29.     [Malinovka] Malinovka Team 1 Encounter        12,964     47.53 %

30.     [Mines] Mines Team 1 Encounter                12,811     47.23 %

31.     [Himmelsdorf (Winter)]  Team 1 Encounter      8,702      46.69 %

32.     [Fiery Salient] Team 2 Encounter              8,611      46.55 %

33.     [steppes] Steppes Team 2 Encounter            12,937     46.14 %

34.     [Prokhorovka] Prokhorovka Team 1 Encounter    8,697      46.13 %

35.     [sacred Valley] Sacred Team 1 Encounter       12,968     45.69 %

36.     [Lakeville] Lakeville Team 1 Encounter        13,019     45.04 %

I actually don't mind ass mode.  I would have it on except so many unica piss and bitch and moan when I have it on so I just turned it off and cba to turn it on when I solo.  But its honestly not that bad, a lot better than it was.  Enc as well.  The hatred of these modes is not justified.

It's going to take a lot of people a long time to get over the trauma of how awful they were when they first appeared.

I'm really interested in how you came to the conclusion that Erlenberg is a corridor map without flanking opportunities?