Sign in to follow this  
LemmingRush

Do you think WoT is growing or dying?

I'd say it's starting to stagnate if anything, it's now 4 years old and a good portion of older players have gotten burned out or just bored since it no longer has the hype of being new like AW has as well like war thunder had. Now that WG has the prospect of actual competition in a market which they before exclusively controlled will take some effect on their profits and population though I don't expect it to be drastic and it can lead to them actually getting off their asses and to stop ignoring problems. Inevitable this game will die eventually though I think it will take a few more years before it comes to that unless they find something very exciting to the entire population which could bring back that hype 

Revenue <> profit :P

They are actually making assloads in profit, the revenue was simply to show that they're the 4th largest earner in the world, at least among those who publish their finances. The fact that they've built massive new offices, invested in Cyprus (for tax benefits, lel) and managed to make both WoWS, WoWP, Generals and Blitz should tell you that much. Please don't discard an entire post because you got mad about a word.

Game isn't dying but I imagine that a lot of people who've been playing since 2011 have just gotten all the entertainment they really can from the game.

There is a finite amount of content after all :-)

Me, there are quite a few tank lines I haven't unlocked and a few tanks I still want to purchase, but not to the extent that I want to keep playing. Right now, I'm just logging in every day to collect my 50k silver :-)

It's not dying. Speaking as one of those "I quit" people, it really isn't. Dying was a game like FIFA Online beta, where we didn't hear from the devs for 6 months prior to the servers being suddenly shut down, and we normally heard from the devs every month. That being said, the game is probably stagnating. If you play Tier X a ton you're going to be playing against the same people (even more so to an extreme amount on NA West), there's not too much fresh blood. CW has been dying for awhile, WGLNA is just... boring. To the point where some teams didn't even bother showing up in Silver League.

Oh god, FORGE. They used to be pretty great but recently I've seen people with 1500 recents and overalls in there. :C

Kinda how i felt about AOD when they died, powerhouse to house of the mediocre. 

Sometimes hitting the disband button is the best option. 

I don't think it is dying in numbers of people playing but I think it is suffering with a very poor player base, which for those who enjoy tanks and tactics it is very painful. Someone said previously are more just playing for fun and not caring of results - highly possibly or there are a lot of idiots out in the pixal world. Wins for the past few months,solo and platooning seem to be out weighed by losses, no matter how well one plays. Of course the knock on effect is why bother playing. Game is supposed to be enjoyable escapism, and not torture.

But to repeat, I think this year may see the game perish further if not remain stagnant.

I

But to repeat, I think this year may see the game perish further if not remain stagnant.

Something very amazing might be about to happen.  All the moaners and bitchers decamp en mass to go to the promised land of AW, leaving everyone else in relative peace and quiet :)

It's hard to say.

There are few things you should consider:

• Server regions - RU, EU & NA have serious difference in server population. RU has peaked at around 1 million active users and has being steady at that number for around a year now. EU has around 150k active players and I think it's rising. NA, well, never really reached got high population. In essence, those depending in which region players leave, you might get wrong idea. 10k on RU means practically nothing, on EU it leaves dent and on NA it leaves absolute disaster. Also, KR, SEA and China servers are still in play, China being WG's 2nd(!) market. Also, profit from players is more complex issue.
  • WG's deparment - Not considering development of game, WG has pretty big trouble when it comes to promoting the game and general creativity and competence of staff. EU department is pretty trash with Mr. Challenger on top, NA isn't so great as I heard. They could be blamed for small variations in server population(If you put shit in a gift box, I still have to open to box to see if it's really shit).
  • Development of the game - Another topic to discuss, WG is famous for making a bad choices. WoWPs has failed because of that and WoT has pretty nice history of bad choices(harsh MM, OP tanks, broken tanks, etc etc.) Depending of what they decide in next ~6 months will probably be game breaker.
  • Lack of proper competitive play/format - another thing WG should make different. Have you seen WOW, LOL or DotA finals?

​TL;DR - IMO game still has few tricks up in its sleeve. I'd say it still has time until AW and WoWS make their debut and they have time to at least show progress in next few patches.

It's hard to say.

There are few things you should consider:

• Server regions - RU, EU & NA have serious difference in server population. RU has peaked at around 1 million active users and has being steady at that number for around a year now. EU has around 150k active players and I think it's rising. NA, well, never really reached got high population. In essence, those depending in which region players leave, you might get wrong idea. 10k on RU means practically nothing, on EU it leaves dent and on NA it leaves absolute disaster. Also, KR, SEA and China servers are still in play, China being WG's 2nd(!) market. Also, profit from players is more complex issue.
  • WG's deparment - Not considering development of game, WG has pretty big trouble when it comes to promoting the game and general creativity and competence of staff. EU department is pretty trash with Mr. Challenger on top, NA isn't so great as I heard. They could be blamed for small variations in server population(If you put shit in a gift box, I still have to open to box to see if it's really shit).
  • Development of the game - Another topic to discuss, WG is famous for making a bad choices. WoWPs has failed because of that and WoT has pretty nice history of bad choices(harsh MM, OP tanks, broken tanks, etc etc.) Depending of what they decide in next ~6 months will probably be game breaker.
  • Lack of proper competitive play/format - another thing WG should make different. Have you seen WOW, LOL or DotA finals?

​TL;DR - IMO game still has few tricks up in its sleeve. I'd say it still has time until AW and WoWS make their debut and they have time to at least show progress in next few patches.

I am rather pleased with WGNA staff, thier forum mods are either over worked or incompetent. The tournaments and other team play is what keeps me active. If there wasn't any team play(stronks, CW, team battles, or stuff of that nature) i would have left along time ago, there was no incentive for me too improve as a player or get tanks past the kv-1, in random battles. 

I don't think it is dying in numbers of people playing but I think it is suffering with a very poor player base, which for those who enjoy tanks and tactics it is very painful. Someone said previously are more just playing for fun and not caring of results - highly possibly or there are a lot of idiots out in the pixal world. Wins for the past few months,solo and platooning seem to be out weighed by losses, no matter how well one plays. Of course the knock on effect is why bother playing. Game is supposed to be enjoyable escapism, and not torture.

This was the problem I ran into a few months ago that basically put an end to most of my random grinds. Teams seemed to get worse as the tiers went up, and the MM seemed to be entertaining itself by placing me as bottom tier on the reddest team it could find. After two weeks of fighting to keep ahead of even a 30% win rate, I threw in the towel and mothballed the garage. Now I'm just logging in to collect the daily credits and putter around in a few low-tier premiums - I'm just not seeing the point of trying to play for reals when I'm the only one on my team with his mouse plugged in.*

(Seriously, had a game with 14 zero-damage players last week. Tier 8. Game over, walk away. That battle saved me the $30-odd bucks I was going to spend on the T-34-85M, so I suppose it wasn't all bad.  :smiledown:  )

I think this game is dying now. I see so many people stop playing this game because they can't take it anymore. And I am one of them.

Meta changes in the last year made the game less and less enjoyable for me.