JunkersHiryu

JunkersHiryu's TIFHL Podcast: I Need You!

I'd listen. :thumbup:

And if you ever feel the need for talking to a WG Translator... *cough* *cough*

BINGO!!!

Sounds like a great idea. Perhaps consider allocating some space in the show lineup for smaller segments;

A short Core Skills and Mechanics segment;

A short tank of the month review;

A tip of the day/week/month;

Review/discussion/Interview that essentially covers the material in many of the excellant articles/reviews/metagame pieces that already exist (and are sure to come) on wotlabs (and other places).

As soon as I read your OP I thought that some game and battle mechanics discussions would be great as well, as 8_ said above.

Also, do the WG Clan Spotlight thing, but do it right. Theirs pretty much suck (and it appears they've all but given up on them). You could make a great idea into an actual great thing. That's not something that happens every day.

You've got a fan here. Will definitely listen and follow in whatever format you choose.

Sounds like a great idea. I second the nomination of jacg who has been a unicum under most eras, and course garbad has excellent comments and sexy voice. I enjoyed my interview with jdtherocker and would be happy to comment on any number of topics

Efficiency to wn8 and directions for wn9+

Being old guard unicum to new guard and what changed both in pubs and competitive formats

How to improve your play methodically

What the real long-term goals of wot should be vs the carrots WG dangles

Or any other topics! I got lots of opinions!

BTW! TIFHL stands for Tank Institute For Higher Learning.

That name will make much more sense later.

TIHFL, by contrast, stands for Today I Had For Lunch 

Crab is probably one of the top guys I'd interview. Perhaps some of the top clan leaders: Yankee, Allurai, Ziddy, Loz.

I'm glad you guys have gotten the gist of what i want the pod cast to be like and if you've ever stopped by the stream at all it should be full of funny stuff as well, i'll keep you all up to date with how i go about doing this and the topics i'll be going over for the pilot. I'd honestly like to have that done in the next week.

I'll also see if i can get it hosted so you all can have access on mobile devices as well. Thank you for the support you guys!

One of the big differences in the "purple club" that I see is essentially the new blood vs old guard style of people. You have people from -G- (among others, but mostly this powerhouse) who have been great players almost ever since the game came out. Then you have others who have only recently learned the art of playing well and have been refilling rosters of all of the top 10 clans as inactives are kicked or people burn out and leave. 

I'd be interested in hearing the differences that these two groups had in playstyle, learning techniques, etc.

edit: thx gash, but I've already posted my story before. :P

I also am super shy irl and have a bad stutter, so I'm kinda nyeh about the whole interview thing.

You don't want to hear the answer to that. 

Just because i'm doing it doesn't mean you can't. This isn't a competition i just want to make a viable source of information available to a different crowd. 

yea, don't think I would have the time, but just wanted to support what you will do. Just saying that it's a void in the podcast/WOT world I have noticed for some time. I can go get great podcasts for all kinds of other games, things I like etc, but not  WOT. Happy to help, support whatever.

I dunno, i can't even get pity to even play with me! >=[

Timezones are a bitch eh? Maybe if we offer to buy some of his lamb, he'll have enough money to fly to Cali.

Timezones are a bitch eh? Maybe if we offer to buy some of his lamb, he'll have enough money to fly to Cali.

I see him all the time as i'm usually stream for the EU guys lol ( or all damn day because I never actually sleep anymore) I carry him all damn night and then he barely says hello to me. How rood!

So i've got everything set up, i will be practicing this week and will hopefully have a pilot out for you all to listen to by the beginning of next week. I'll post up how the pod cast will work or at least a lose schedule of what things will be touched on during the cast. Hopefully you guys like it.

It sucks because I'm on a retarded schedule because of uni... I don't even play much at junker's time anymore.. Half the time I play a few games during the day from the uni library, and then I cant use my mic ;_;

I know your pain, i was dealing with that for a while... now i just have a job that makes me work all over the damn place so a schedule is out of the fucking question. 

Back on track though, I have the people lined up for the first cast after I figure out how I want it edited i'll post up the pilot and let you all rip it to sheds. Please brutally honest as i want this to shine and i can already tell the turn around time will need to be low -_-. But my body is ready!