cullenscout1970

Foch 155 how the mighty have fallen

Sup I know this tank is one of the hardest tier 10s to grind to lets show it some love and rant about its current place in today's meta game. As its about time there was a foch 155 fan club thread so have at it.

I've so far gone up to tier 8 on that branch, and must be said that the arl was an absolute pain of a tank. the rest are ok going to averageish, meybe except the tier 8 itself wich can be considered an ok TD

I got to tier 9 before they nerf-kicked the Foch 155 in the balls so hard they exited through the barrel and have not been seen since. Any incentive for playing the sub-par Foch tier 9 is gone and if I ever need a French crew for another line that TD will be sold pretty damn fast. I did not even play it for the 5x xp events since, no point really. Just play medium tank master race and be done with it.

I see maybe one Foch 155 a week. I dont play much, but that's still pretty sad. Not the rarest T10 though, disregarding the reward tanks you also basically never see 113s. Obj 430s are fairly rare, too.

Anyway, we've had a lot of conversations on how we'd balance the 155s. Im personally in favor of giving it a T57-esque 120mm autoloader with a very fast interclip and good gun handling along with its mobility back. Some other people want a single-shot 155, but that's a bit too much like the Obj 268 (along with being boring), while a single-shot 120mm would require unrealistically good soft stats to be anything but a worse Obj 263.

I have the crew from the 8-bit event and I tried grinding the line but I gave up on the sau40.  It's just so boring and ugly i couldn't do it anymore.  Maybe one day, I'll try again.  Until then the foch crew gets to sit in my fcm 36. 

I have the crew from the 8-bit event and I tried grinding the line but I gave up on the sau40.  It's just so boring and ugly i couldn't do it anymore.  Maybe one day, I'll try again.  Until then the foch crew gets to sit in my fcm 36. 

This. Sad story.  :(

Edit: @Bobi_Kreeg: Noone said anything about using the FCM either, having the crew in a tank means they don't sit in the barracks.

Unfortunately the Bathtub of Doom (S-35CA) had its view range nerfed, but it is still probably the best tank in the line.

Its also important to remember the effect of wn8.  Because it has extremely high expected values, no one over a blue will play it.  This kills its performance and popularity among the only niche hardcore enough to have ground it out, and makes its performance appear far weaker than it actually is.

Unfortunately the Bathtub of Doom (S-35CA) had its view range nerfed, but it is still probably the best tank in the line.

Nothing "probably" about this.

I trained the polar bear to 2.5 skills.  I didn't actually select any of the skills though, just let it build up.

Then, I trained them all with credits to new tanks.  I lost about 60k experience each, but that wasn't many polar bear battles, and they ended up 100% primary qualification since the xp filters down if you don't select skills.  

Loader went to my FCM, because the old FCM loader needed to become a commander for my new Lorraine.

Gunner/Driver went to 50100, because the old ones also went to the Lorraine

Commander went to the 50B, leaving a spare 5th commander, but allowing my four french tanks to all have 6th/BIA/something else.  

I just can't bring myself to feel anything for what was once an abomination.. Seriously things like the 155, 183's, WTE can all get fucked by the nerf bat and I wouldn't be able to muster even the slightest bit of sympathy for their owners. No offense to anyone.. just the tanks..  mostly

The F155 is still useful.  If nothing else, it has a 750 alpha auto loader on a fairly mobile frame with good frontal armor.  It isn't even close to what it once was, but it's still usable.  I could not imagine grinding through the lower tiers, though.  They were bad, even when I played them in a more favorable meta.  The tir 9 was the only one that was any good, and it was only good for a brief time after normalization nerfs made its frontal armor work.  It was basically a tier 9 Obj 263.  

I kept it, but might have played it twice in the last 6 months. Can still be effective though, people have forgotten that engaging one frontaly if you can't fall back quickly is a deayh sentence. But it's allaways been a close range tank for me, and now with so bad armor and nerfed mobility, any decent player can outplay you easily. And you can't do anything about it.

The French TDs were basically built for the vision meta and nothing else, designed around the ability to sit in a bush and using their accurate high pen guns to slowly kill off the enemy. When WG finally realised the vision meta was pure cancer, the French went from "meh" to "why not play the Germans?". The 155 in particular was a cancer in its own way, basically being a much faster Waffle with OK armor, which was also nerfed to pointlessness.

Autoloaders (but TD versions in particular) can only exist in two states: Extremely good or pretty bad. The Foch used to be the former and now it is the latter, RIP. If I was at WG, I'd think long and hard about what I even want the French TD line to do because they don't fare well in Corridor-land and the tier 10 is borderline pointless when you have Waffles, 183s and 50Bs.