GunnSm0ke

Witcher 3

I'm not that far into the game but those kids were orphans and thus deader than dead already with 99% certainty. Even living in that area is a fucking death sentence, with drowners and water hags every 10 steps.

I've not confirmed this in my game, but apparently if you free the Doom Horse, the children are relocated to the school in Novigrad where you meet one of the girls that Dandelion was flirting around with. So at least on that regard, the Doom Horse has kept to their word and taken them to a much safer place.

The reason I went with freeing the Doom Horse was entirely because I did not like the Crones one bit, and preferred to do anything that would potentially weaken their hold on power over the swamp. Save some innocent kiddies in the meantime? Seemed like a bonus. Although I did expect that the local village would probably get fried as a result, given the Doom Horse seemed the vindictive sort. Finding out that this meant Anna died and the Baron committed suicide was a major kick in the feels however - and not what I had expected - as while he was a scumbag wife-beater, I felt that he showed genuine remorse and desire to change. I plan to avenge them by chopping the Crones the first chance I get.

Level 75?

I'm 29 hours in and I'm level 18!

So that's roughly 120 hours to max level. I wonder if there's even enough content!? Mayhap their planning it longterm with the xpacs so they don't need the usual 'MAX LEVEL INCREASE' jumbo.

rofl I'm 54 hours in and only at lvl 15. 

I've been super OCD and going through the lowest level quests in the journal/ hitting up all of the question marks after viewing a notice board. 

Plus I've read every book and note I've come across. 

rofl I'm 54 hours in and only at lvl 15. 

Main storyline gives a crapton of exp, if you don't go and explore everything you'll level up waaaay faster.

Main storyline gives a crapton of exp, if you don't go and explore everything you'll level up waaaay faster.

I wouldn't recommend doing so, however.  Can't remember if someone posted it or not but it bears repeating; there's currently a glitch going on where if you complete a quest that is 6 or more levels beneath yours, you'll get no XP reward - these are the quests where the level recommendation is grey, as opposed to green.  CD Project Red have posted that they're aware of it, but there's no fix as of yet.  My advice: complete all lower level quests in your journal first, and leave those already beyond that threshold until a patch is released.

I've had to complete a couple, due to them being story missions... but I'll be saving the others.  Beware, complete too many without rewards, and supposedly you could run into trouble later on.

As I understand it,  completing grey quests is never supposed to grant XP, that is not a glitch. The XP bug involves not receiving the proper XP for green or above quests. Also worth noting is that the bug doesnt affect everyone and doesnt appear to become present until the main quest Pyres of Novigrad or later. I have not heard of any problems before advancing to this point. PC users can expect a patch this week (possibly tomorrow) for the problem.

56 hrs level 12 on Blood and Broken Bones (yeah yeah I know,  but I Ill be playing at least once more when modded on Death March). Have completed everything level 10 and below in Velen and several other quests I wandered across. Currently playing qwent and waiting for patch.

I notice that everyone else in here who let the Doomhorse go had Anna die and the Baron kill himself, but I let it go long before I even knew it was related to any other quests, and for me Anna was just crazy and the Baron took her to some healer in the mountains or something. What caused that, I wonder.

I notice that everyone else in here who let the Doomhorse go had Anna die and the Baron kill himself, but I let it go long before I even knew it was related to any other quests, and for me Anna was just crazy and the Baron took her to some healer in the mountains or something. What caused that, I wonder.

Because you did it before you had the quest form the Crones to kill it, so it just didn't tie in to the quest at all. That would be my guess.

Honestly, to all of you that haven't finished a full play through yet, take your time and do all the little shit. The end of the main story line will literally leave you feeling empty and depressed that it's all over, despite the fact that you can still roam around everywhere. The main story is so well done, and the characters so well developed that it felt like the end of a movie that was so good you didn't want it to end. The fact that all the main characters pretty much disappear from the world entirely makes it even worse. I think I only roamed around for a few hours after before starting my second play through because it was just depressing.

Because you did it before you had the quest form the Crones to kill it, so it just didn't tie in to the quest at all. That would be my guess.

Honestly, to all of you that haven't finished a full play through yet, take your time and do all the little shit. The end of the main story line will literally leave you feeling empty and depressed that it's all over, despite the fact that you can still roam around everywhere. The main story is so well done, and the characters so well developed that it felt like the end of a movie that was so good you didn't want it to end. The fact that all the main characters pretty much disappear from the world entirely makes it even worse. I think I only roamed around for a few hours after before starting my second play through because it was just depressing.

Yep, I'm going through that sense of loss and purposelessness right now.

I kinda wish they had balanced out the level suggestions a bit: Been doing a lot of sidequests lately and a bit of the gear I get is woefully under-levelled (like getting level 12 gear from a level 17 quest on a level 19 character, lolwut). One thing is being able to pull off quests you shouldn't via skill, sign and AI abuse but it's kinda silly to get stacks and stacks of gear that's at least 5 levels below you.

Weee finally got a full set of enhanced Ursine armour, need to level up a good bit more for superior. 

Now to somehow clear out 4-6 level 29 wraiths to get the enhanced silver sword....ouch.

Ursine armour doesn't really look like armour but it does look darn sexy.

Herbal lady in White Orchard > Yen > Triss > Keira Metz.

You know it's true.

Herbal lady in White Orchard > Yen > Triss > Keira Metz.

You know it's true.

Uwotm8? You can make an argument for Keira, but Yen is just a bitch. Utterly hot, but a bitch. She epitomizes sorceress stereotypes and what people hate about them.

Also, Saskia > all.

CDPR y u no Saskia? :(

Well, when half if not more of those who played Witcher 2 probably ended with her killed off... I can see why they wouldn't put the effort in.

I do agree though, mmph.

Well, when half if not more of those who played Witcher 2 probably ended with her killed off... I can see why they wouldn't put the effort in.

I do agree though, mmph.

Then half or more of people who played Witcher 2 are idiots. :doge: