GunnSm0ke

Witcher 3

Yeah, the Relic swords are amusing.  I've found a few good ones, but right now, they haven't matched up in damage to the Enhanced Feline set I have.  I'll usually be fine with a slight raw damage reduction for stun or bleed chance, but with a 30% reduction, not worth it.

You'll find good ones though.

I ended up no going with the Witcher set swords, even knowing that they are better fully upgraded. I liked the unique look of some of the Relic swords, and also the lore/roleplaying elements of using them. I finished the game using level 30~ish relic swords on Blood and Broken Bones difficulty and never felt that I was gimping myself too much so quite happy to go with appearance as a major deciding factor.  Might change my tune on a Death March playthrough though.

I need to find the right swords honestly.  Right now, I haven't found anything close to what I have,

That said, I really like the scabbards for the Feline swords, as seen on Ultra.  So... pretty... so well textured.

I never did manage to get many mastercrafted gear. I just assumed Superior was the end of it. Speaking of gear, anyone used the Wolf school gear yet?

So any how...how close am I to completing the story? I'm level 15 and I currently just got in Skellige and done the quest with some kind of Druid and Yennefer where you have to use a mask.

So any how...how close am I to completing the story? I'm level 15 and I currently just got in Skellige and done the quest with some kind of Druid and Yennefer where you have to use a mask.

Id say roughly halfway through.

Depends on how much side content you intend to do.

I pretty much do any side quest/contract as soon as I see it when I'm on the road.

Took me about 30 hours the first run through skipping most side quests, but doing most secondary quests. If I had scoured the map, probably 60-80 hours.

But yea, assuming you've done a bunch of Novigrad main quest lines, Skellige is pretty much the half-way mark.

Edited by KenadianCSJ

92 hours in @ lvl 21. 

I'm such a putz. 

Spent about 2 hours yesterday just sailing about the waters of Skellige, hitting up all those ? markers that've populated the aquatic portions of my map. 

It really is amazing how intricate some of these secluded mini side quests can be. 

So, finally got all my graphics issues sorted after my upgrade to the brute force 4k solution (295X2). Averages 50fps, never dips below 40, no OC, ultra settings with AA off, hairworks off (it caused flickering and wierd hair physics, GG nvidia). Heres a fap-worthy SS.

Viewer beware, SS is enormous.

TrliKY8.jpg

FMj3Gfo.jpg

Edited by Shade421

Whats so special about that res. that its worth it to dip so much money/fps in it ?
Besides it took me ages to load a single pic alone :QBFlip:

That's exactly what people said about 1080p when 720p was the standard, and would you ever consider going back to 720p cuz who needs that fancy new-fangled HD? No, it would look like dogshit to you. And 720 to 1080 isn't even that huge of a leap in resolution. 1080 to 4k is literally 4x more resolution. Having never been a 120+fps gamer (and 4k displays are cheaper than 120hz displays because reasons), 50+ fps looks perfectly fine and smooth to me, with far finer detail, and a far less cluttered screen. I've tried down scaling a few games to 1440p, and it looks like playing minecraft.

Most people have their preference that they build their rig to cater to. Some, it's multi-display, maybe multi-core processing with cinebench and video rendering, maybe raw fps scores in 3d mark and certain games; mine is highest possible quality on smooth fps, and unless I want to start selling organs to buy multiple Titan X's and 5k displays, this is as good as it gets on a budget.

Ah, makes sense then. I've been building computers for 15 years now, and only just became financially able to go for top end hardware. I definitely understand that its not for everyone, but its still amazing to me that PC hardware is capable of things like this now.

So, upon loading up the game again tonight, I discovered that for some reason my settings from last night did not save. Did some more poking around, and discovered that there is a pre-loaded crossfire profile that works with the latest beta drivers (15.5). Use these settings to force crossfire if you are using multiple amd gpu's (this includes single 295x2's):

Capture.PNG

Edited by Shade421

Just decked myself out in full Superior Wolven last night. 3 levels off of using Mastercrafted.

Jesus christ the stamina regen bonus when combined with the talent is off the charts.

The Scavenger quests are the only thing I ended up googling. 

It's just there's a very real chance you could miss out on an entire set of swish gear by random chance, which bothered me. 

It's not random chance. Just gotta talk to the blacksmiths in every town to get their maps.

Yes well why didn't you tell me this earlier Trobs? I am very disappointed in you!

Beat the game; got the shit Ending. :gaben:

lvl 35
Finished all Witcher contracts. 
Have the master diagrams of all Witcher gear save for Griffin. 
Banged ever chick from Skellige to Kaer Morhen.
Didn't complete a single gwent side quest.

Beat the game; got the shit Ending. :gaben:

lvl 35
Finished all Witcher contracts. 
Have the master diagrams of all Witcher gear save for Griffin. 
Banged ever chick from Skellige to Kaer Morhen.
Didn't complete a single gwent side quest.

didnt play gwent? then you didnt bang every chick in the game :doge: you missed out on quality nilfgaardian spy pixel pussay