Scout_in_da_house

HAPPY THREAD (aka positive venting room)

Spring finally showed its warm fucking face in Canada. It's actually double digits warm for once.

Yoga pants. Yoga pants make me happy.

When I used to work at a drive-in, one year yoga pants were practically uniforms for the girls at work. So...so many nice asses.

Well then...

happy goat is happy

Baby  hears his mother's voice for the first time (got a cochlear implant)

Meet back up with an old friend of mine and we've been staying up far past what we should chatting with eachother and playing vidya.  Best feels I've had in a long time.

I'll hopefully get to print some 3D models from Homeworld now that I found out how to extract them from the game.

PgNaqki.png

Meet back up with an old friend of mine and we've been staying up far past what we should chatting with eachother and playing vidya.  Best feels I've had in a long time.

I'll hopefully get to print some 3D models from Homeworld now that I found out how to extract them from the game.

PgNaqki.png

You using the new version of Homeworld?

Ah. You should see if you can get hold of the newer models they're using. Probably still low-poly for nowadays for framerate purposes, but higher poly than they used to be.

A few months ago, I recently found my new favorite piano piece. Also have you watched the movie?

There was a time, many years ago, that I could watch that movie and understand the majority of what was being said. 

Saw it again a few months ago and had to turn on subs. :/

I used to live in the Alaskan interior...

The storms and rain fall we've gotten here in Texas might depress some people, but it charges me up.  We've had two storms since Friday that were larger than anything I saw in Alaska.  For a bit, I was opening windows so I could hear the rain better, but when it picked up further, I was able to close the window and STILL hear the storm clearly.  

Some incredible light-up-the-whole-world lightning too.  Incidentally, this leads me to remember with some fondness the northern lights I enjoyed so much.  

I used to live in the Alaskan interior...

The storms and rain fall we've gotten here in Texas might depress some people, but it charges me up. We've had two storms since Friday that were larger than anything I saw in Alaska. For a bit, I was opening windows so I could hear the rain better, but when it picked up further, I was able to close the window and STILL hear the storm clearly.

Some incredible light-up-the-whole-world lightning too. Incidentally, this leads me to remember with some fondness the northern lights I enjoyed so much.

Do you not get storms like that in Alaska? I'm considering taking the gf to Alaska, she really wants to see the northern lights, got any recommendations?

Do you not get storms like that in Alaska? I'm considering taking the gf to Alaska, she really wants to see the northern lights, got any recommendations?

I believe the coastal areas get rain storms in the summer, but I was only lived on the coast for winters.

Winter trips are wonderfully underrated.  You should go in March.  Here is a taste of what you could do (with fairbanks as a staging point for the adventures)

• World Ice Art Championship
  • Dog Sled/Skijoring sprint races (skijoring is a skier being pulled by dogs.  they go scary fast)(things like the Iditarod/Yukon quest are fun, but it is neat to see the start and finish of races)
  • Dog sled rides (don't do it in any touristy areas.  you need to find a guy who will take you out on a 30+ minute trail ride.  consider asking them for a nighttime ride)(need to make an appointment 3-4 weeks in advance if possible)(if you want to go on a much longer one, that is also possible)
  • Snowmobiling (but call it snow-machining, 'cus alaska)
  • Chena Hot Springs (beautiful 70 minute drive from fairbanks)(Hot springs, skiing, snow-machining, geothermal/hydroponics tour, etc)
  • Look for Native Alaskan festivals, dances, etc.
  • Visit the Antique auto museum.  I don't even care much about cars but this is one of my favorite museums.  Every car is beautifully restored and they all still run.  The cars were build between 1890 and 1936.  In the winter, this might be open only on Sundays.  
  • UAF's "museum of the north" a small but very high quality Alaska museum.  
  • If money's no object, consider one of the "flight-seeing" airplane tours.  

I cannot guarantee that you will see the northern lights if you go for just one week.  Nor can I tell you how to predict far enough out if they are likely to be good.  However, it is possible to have a great time, even if you miss the aurora.  

Let me know if you have any other questions...

Woke up early, wasn't tired. Baked cookies for friends & coworkers. Had some good coffee made by a super nice barista. Ordered parts for new PC. Started planning for my big trip overseas next year. Too much excite!

Is pretty good Pre-Friday.

No friday yet but summer and weekend are coming!

I prefer bad weather for some odd reason. Nice and stormy.

Good thing I live in Belgium, since summer is usually a relative term over here.

How am I supposed to sit in pubs on my lazy ass drinking beer* whilst the sun is shining.

*Belgium formula for garanteed hapiness®. Blood vessels unhappy, you can't satisfy everyone.