canadiantrex

The Ask Ectar Some Questions Thread

Two questions:

1. Do you have any interesting story you could share about something that happened that's "WG Lore?" I think most offices have these stories, but something from inside WG that we might find exciting?

2. How do I get the NA crew to love me at PAX? Do they like cookies, or will stalker behavior work?

Stuff anyone in Community can relate to really. Opening my mouth without fully thinking through what I want to say, and letting my emotions get the better of me. It's very easy to associate sometimes too much with the community which can result in you arguing with colleagues and not seeing the business side of things. On the flip side it's also easy to be too corporate when talking to players and not understanding things from their side. Working in community is a hard balance.

Ectar, do you know if WG has any plans for the Mines map, such as limiting it to tier 6 or so? It's literally won by the MM at higher tiers because more meds = hill control, which also translates to 360 degrees of spotting when all tanks involved have 445m viewrange or higher along with easy access to crossfire across the map. Unless there's a gigantic skill gap between the team that has the hill and the team that doesn't, having anything but lights and meds is just a detriment to your team on that map at higher tiers.

Hi Ectar,

While in WOWS CBT, the chat was mostly about cooperating or complimenting... Now the usual douchebags start to rear their heads, and insults are much more common. 

Are there any plans on adding blacklisting to the chat functions, or to actually act before reaching WOT's levels of retardness ?

How tall are you?

Ski or Snowboard?

What is love?

5,10 I think

Snowboard, never done it though. Done skiing before and wished I was boarding instead the whole time. Everytime I've tried to get people to commit to a snowboarding vacation, it falls apart.

baby don't hurt me, don't hurt me, no more.

Hot or cold weather? 

Seasonal. I miss hot summers and snowy winters. Hot is nice so long as I have somewhere to cool off. Cold I can deal with aswell as Scotland used to have good frosty winters. In Ireland it was damp cold. Damp cold can fuck right off.

Ectar, do you know if WG has any plans for the Mines map, such as limiting it to tier 6 or so? It's literally won by the MM at higher tiers because more meds = hill control, which also translates to 360 degrees of spotting when all tanks involved have 445m viewrange or higher along with easy access to crossfire across the map. Unless there's a gigantic skill gap between the team that has the hill and the team that doesn't, having anything but lights and meds is just a detriment to your team on that map at higher tiers.

No idea tbh

Hi, Ectar! So what's up with Top of the Tree on EU?

Answered earlier in this thread

Hi Ectar,

While in WOWS CBT, the chat was mostly about cooperating or complimenting... Now the usual douchebags start to rear their heads, and insults are much more common. 

Are there any plans on adding blacklisting to the chat functions, or to actually act before reaching WOT's levels of retardness ?

Chat is always being looked at. There is always a limit to what you can do in a free to play game however. If someone doesn't value their account, they'll always act unsavoury.

So Ectar, the agricultural magnate?

Whatcha growing?

If it's strawberries, mushrooms, onions, or garlic, I'll take the next plane to Paris (I assume that's where WG EU offices are).

I am a very random person.

Btw, IIRC, you are Norwegian? (Scandinavian?) Norwegian accents for English are badass, not gonna lie.

Hi Ectar, what would be your reply to someone who is Swiss, who knows that his country can do an independent tech tree line ending with unique mediums, seeing his nations tanks become German and stuffed in as premiums?

Also: Why does WG consider Switzerland German in the first place?

So Ectar, the agricultural magnate?

Whatcha growing?

If it's strawberries, mushrooms, onions, or garlic, I'll take the next plane to Paris (I assume that's where WG EU offices are).

I am a very random person.

Btw, IIRC, you are Norwegian? (Scandinavian?) Norwegian accents for English are badass, not gonna lie.

Growing nothing, I don't even have a window box, nevermind a garden.

I'm Scottish.

Could tier 12 mm ever come back to The NA server?

It's unlikely a server would have different MM systems that others. There isn't much I can say about NA as each region is fairly autonomous. 

Hi Ectar, what would be your reply to someone who is Swiss, who knows that his country can do an independent tech tree line ending with unique mediums, seeing his nations tanks become German and stuffed in as premiums?

Also: Why does WG consider Switzerland German in the first place?

I'd say at no point has Wargaming ever stated we'd have individual tech trees for every nation in Europe. . 

If a Swiss tank ended up in the German line it's because it's the only tech tree currently in-game where it would naturally fit. (Without creating an entirely new branch/nation).

I'm Scottish

RIP me, I've officially lost all chances to visit Scotland in my lifetime. QQ

you will be required to hand in your tartan man card at the boarder where you will then not be allowed to proceed.