canadiantrex

The Ask Ectar Some Questions Thread

On 6.4.2016 at 11:23 AM, Ectar said:
On 21.3.2016 at 3:10 PM, rolfwar said:

@Ectar when will Team Battles switch to 7/68 rather than 7/54 format?

No idea, I'll push for info about that this weekend at the Grand Finals as there will be a lot of senior people there.

@Ectar so, did they tell you anything? :cri:

On 4/16/2016 at 11:58 AM, rolfwar said:

@Ectar so, did they tell you anything? :cri:

"Soon" was all I got. Will try to follow up on it when next back in the office. 

is the forum contributor program still alive, and if yes, is it limited only to english section?

On 4/20/2016 at 4:50 PM, H4NI said:

is the forum contributor program still alive, and if yes, is it limited only to english section?

Yes, I think other language sections do it also.  For the EN section we generally look for people who are pretty active and we can see tend to play devil's advocate.

On 4/21/2016 at 7:53 AM, PrinzEugen478 said:

A NA official said they were thinking about a new Berlin Trio.  Any info?

Would need more context on that. Mainly who and where/when it was said.

11 hours ago, Ectar said:

Yes, I think other language sections do it also.  For the EN section we generally look for people who are pretty active and we can see tend to play devil's advocate.

How/where does one apply for the non-english community?

Still no work to be seen on Riggingate. There is no change in handling faulty players whatsoever. Tell Mr. Mentl his promise to change things (GameStar online article) was not fulfilled in the slightest manner.

Btw: 1/3rd of a year since occurrence. Are you always that immobile in decisions? Will there be a way for people to get the tank and female crew? Why are riggers allowed to continue playing this tank?

47 minutes ago, coolathlon said:

Still no work to be seen on Riggingate. There is no change in handling faulty players whatsoever. Tell Mr. Mentl his promise to change things (GameStar online article) was not fulfilled in the slightest manner.

Btw: 1/3rd of a year since occurrence. Are you always that immobile in decisions? Will there be a way for people to get the tank and female crew? Why are riggers allowed to continue playing this tank?

What's all the hype about rigging? (ps i didn't rig or acquire T22). 

On 4/22/2016 at 3:47 PM, Ectar said:

DrObvious, in-game chat :P

Hey Ectar,

again I have questions regarding the broadly discussed topic of forbidden mods.

Recently one german CCT has been banned because WG saw him using Mods like Damage Panel /w reload counter on stream.

These mods are openly advertised in the modding section of the official WoT forum and in the mod packs there. Still WG seems to randomly ban ppl using them on YT/twitch.

Can you give any clear information regarding this topic?

thanks in advance

4 minutes ago, Wyrda1 said:

And to piggy back on this line of questioning, any info regarding a wide targeted approach to curbing the use of illegal mods as opposed to what appears very limited - ie the odd streamer etc..

Since you can't fix the Rampage Mode Riggate, how about just give all players one. I for one have asked and seen the response from the people that have gotten the tank through rigging: things like "Yeah so don't you want a free tank", and 'Don't be jelly you should be in a clan then they can get you one'. Basically the only 'FAIR' thing to do would be to either take the tank completely out of the game or give it to everyone. Since the later is no better than the current situation, I would be grateful to have the tank removed from gameplay.

Respectfully

On 04/05/2016 at 1:23 PM, Cloud_1 said:

Since you can't fix the Rampage Mode Riggate, how about just give all players one. I for one have asked and seen the response from the people that have gotten the tank through rigging: things like "Yeah so don't you want a free tank", and 'Don't be jelly you should be in a clan then they can get you one'. Basically the only 'FAIR' thing to do would be to either take the tank completely out of the game or give it to everyone. Since the later is no better than the current situation, I would be grateful to have the tank removed from gameplay.

Respectfully

http://forum.worldoftanks.asia/index.php?/topic/65180-rampage-mission-exploitation-sanctions-2/#topmost

Fixt rigging on ASIA for a time

On 4/23/2016 at 11:53 AM, H4NI said:

How/where does one apply for the non-english community?

Just speak to the relevant community language team.  In EU there is English, Czech, Polish, Spanish, German, French and Turkish.. If stream/make content in another EU language than the 7 listed previously, then contact the EN team as we handle all other languages. 

On 4/27/2016 at 10:06 PM, Ezz said:
On 4/27/2016 at 10:00 PM, Wyrda1 said:

Hey Ectar,

again I have questions regarding the broadly discussed topic of forbidden mods.

Recently one german CCT has been banned because WG saw him using Mods like Damage Panel /w reload counter on stream.

These mods are openly advertised in the modding section of the official WoT forum and in the mod packs there. Still WG seems to randomly ban ppl using them on YT/twitch.

thanks in advance

And to piggy back on this line of questioning, any info regarding a wide targeted approach to curbing the use of illegal mods as opposed to what appears very limited - ie the odd streamer etc..

Mods are an issue being tackled higher up the chain. We've passed on as much feedback as we can from the community regarding guidelines and mixed messages per region. Until then my hands are tied. I feel whatever the message is, it should be unified across all regions.

1 hour ago, Ectar said:

Mods are an issue being tackled higher up the chain. We've passed on as much feedback as we can from the community regarding guidelines and mixed messages per region. Until then my hands are tied. I feel whatever the message is, it should be unified across all regions.

Are able to echo our wishes about mods being banned until you figure out what to do?

2 hours ago, no_name_cro said:

Are able to echo our wishes about mods being banned until you figure out what to do?

Ofc. It's not being ignored, it's something discussed regularly. It's just a case of getting people to make a call on it and the call is above my pay grade basically.

@Ectar also one more thing: I'm not sure this is supposed to happen

Spoiler

hQsy0sG.jpg

No T8 LTs, but battle tier 12 was supposedly removed long time ago? And this:

ZDpiKyU.jpg

Although I aced my SU-100 in this game, I assure you this isn't fun.

Can you check out if this is intentional and if it isn't supposed to happen, are devs familiar with this? We all know MM has it's quirks but this is the last thing I'd expect.

8 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

MM doesn't balance amount of MT, TD and HT so everything is all right. It's about tank weight, not tier or/and class.

The main MM oddity we get these days is when there is a decided lopsided number of top tiers. At tier X primetime we'll sometimes see 5 extra Xs on one side. Not sure if the full team weight balance threshold is too loose or if the check is even being done.