canadiantrex

The Ask Ectar Some Questions Thread

7 minutes ago, MacusFlash said:

The sums of team weights shouldn't be differ by more than 10% if the battle was created under one minute. Above that it should't be more than 20%.That's why MM makes such bad battles.

That's the theory, but at times it's unclear whether it's still working as intended. My suspicion is that some of their balance checks fell out of the MM some time ago - around the time they started fiddling with the lights / SPG MM.

Either way, working or broken, it would be superb if WG ever did something about it, maybe in MM 2.0 or whatever they keep talking about.

8 hours ago, Ezz said:

That's the theory, but at times it's unclear whether it's still working as intended. My suspicion is that some of their balance checks fell out of the MM some time ago - around the time they started fiddling with the lights / SPG MM.

Either way, working or broken, it would be superb if WG ever did something about it, maybe in MM 2.0 or whatever they keep talking about.

Low pop will fuck over MM everytime

4 hours ago, Politx_Killer said:

Low pop will fuck over MM everytime

This.  The MM starts to drop criteria for making matches when the pop is lower so that people don't sit in queues for ages. 

6 hours ago, Ectar said:

This.  The MM starts to drop criteria for making matches when the pop is lower so that people don't sit in queues for ages. 

Doesn't help ASIA is tier 10 heavy either.

22 minutes ago, Ezz said:

Except that the low pop logic can't excuse the clear top tier imbalances. It's just lazy MM design if it is pop related.

Works fine on RU comrade

Since I'm banned again (CHAT) here is a question for @Ectar, apparently idiots reporting messages, and apparently customer service works. But when I report something (like TKing me) players don't get a ban. How is that so? WG loves arty players? 

I didn't wrote nothing serious in-game, just after game (so hardy they could report for UC in-game). 

4 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

Since I'm banned again (CHAT) here is a question for @Ectar, apparently idiots reporting messages, and apparently customer service works. But when I report something (like TKing me) players don't get a ban. How is that so? WG loves arty players? 

I didn't wrote nothing serious in-game, just after game (so hardy they could report for UC in-game). 

Yes, we do all we can to protect arty players. :look:

The team kill system is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until people who shoot team mates are punished. 

(It's all tracked and when people hit a point, bans happen automatically)

If you got banned after saying something in just 1 match, I'm sorry but I don't believe it's just because of that one match. For any chat ban you're free to appeal and then support will happily check your chat logs.

I've yet to see a player appeal against a chat ban and turn our innocent. There is always an excuse like "But he said XYZ so that means I'm allowed to say ABC in defence right?"  Or something like "Yeah but in-game he did something that annoyed me, I know I'm not likely to ever see him again but I thought it would be ok to be abuse in chat".

After being a WoW GM for 3 years and working in community for Wargaming for 4 years, believe me I've heard every excuse going.

Also saying that because you were abusive after a game and not during it, as if that makes it less worse or somehow ok?... I give up.

10 hours ago, Ectar said:

Yes, we do all we can to protect arty players. :look:

The team kill system is out there! It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with It doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until people who shoot team mates are punished. 

(It's all tracked and when people hit a point, bans happen automatically)

If you got banned after saying something in just 1 match, I'm sorry but I don't believe it's just because of that one match. For any chat ban you're free to appeal and then support will happily check your chat logs.

I've yet to see a player appeal against a chat ban and turn our innocent. There is always an excuse like "But he said XYZ so that means I'm allowed to say ABC in defence right?"  Or something like "Yeah but in-game he did something that annoyed me, I know I'm not likely to ever see him again but I thought it would be ok to be abuse in chat".

After being a WoW GM for 3 years and working in community for Wargaming for 4 years, believe me I've heard every excuse going.

Also saying that because you were abusive after a game and not during it, as if that makes it less worse or somehow ok?... I give up.

No, i didn't say I'm innocent, quite contrary, but apparently ban hammer works only for chat, not for example when I'm TKed (and deliberately shot, also I sent replay to WG). So my question was how CS can be so fast on chat bans but can't be so efficient on TKs (regardless autoban system).

Also, as I stated above, I've been a bad boy after the game, PM if you will, so probably I got to many polaks  arty sending tickets.

CLAN also started giving me shit about language, time to apply to EFE :D 

4 hours ago, BlackAdder said:

to many polaks  arty sending tickets.

Be happy that Wargaming is so relaxed about insults.

If I were Ectar the above quote would be your next ban. On the other hand...if I were customer support half the people would be permabanned. From the game, not only from chat that is.

1 minute ago, PrivateBert said:

If I were Ectar the above quote would be your next ban. On the other hand...if I were customer support half the people would be permabanned. From the game, not only from chat that is.

Same here, but only key to ban would be did player plays arty. 

1 hour ago, BlackAdder said:

Same here, but only key to ban would be did player plays arty. 

So if we both would rule, the servers would be totally empty and the company bankrupt :)

20 hours ago, Blue Toaster said:

So everyone knows about the motar thing right?

People caught using that will be sanctioned as I understand.

19 hours ago, PrivateBert said:

2 things:

1 - I'm a guest on these forums and will never try to influence what people post. If it's directed at me I have the luxury here to just skip past the post. I'm here in my free time between other task. It's not a requirement of my role like being active on the official forums is.

2 - In all honestly, I don't care what people say about other players on external forums. I have zero "jurisdiction" outside of the game client/forums. I care to a certain extent what's said about WG or me as it's my role to know what's going on in the Community, however I will never take action against someone for something said or done outside of the game client or official forums.

4 hours ago, PrivateBert said:

Thank you for the answer.

You are playing WoWS too, right? We were on opposing teams yesterday, Two Brothers was the map, I think I was in a Blyskawica.

Yes, I didn't reply as my Atlanta was pretty much single salvo'd by a Warspite.  I died after only taking 7 AP shells so I was a bit salty as the Warspite was the only think that seemed to be in range and it looks like he got 2 citadel pens or something.

3 hours ago, hallo1994 said:

How much you get paid... hourly? 

I never discuss salary, not even with colleagues or family. It's not an hourly rate, it's an annual salary

4 hours ago, Ectar said:

Yes, I didn't reply as my Atlanta was pretty much single salvo'd by a Warspite.  I died after only taking 7 AP shells so I was a bit salty as the Warspite was the only think that seemed to be in range and it looks like he got 2 citadel pens or something.

Oh, don't worry I did not take offense that you did not answer. I can imagine you were salty after that death and you had a real shit team too.

Hello Ectar.

(maybe you could try to push this idea)

Regarding the lower tier balance  for beginner (T1 to T4):

Have you considered having +0/0 MM for beginner (<400/500 battles or until they have  T5). I know that the MM would have troubling making games together but maybe you could also mix the idea that WG had a few month ago by having full bots game and just fill up the games that aren't with bots.