Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

I have 1 T10 a Shima, plus an Izumo and Fletcher. I am getting close to the Yamato, but T10 gameplay is not much fun for me either except in a DD. Then I can at least move around a lot. (I like the fletcher and Shima, but the DEVs are trying to make them significantly less fun) The problems with T10 are not only torp soup, but if you turn even slight left or right you get Citadelled by any 16 inch+ gunned BB for 17k+ plus damage so moving is precarious at best. Then you set on fire by every time you get hit by a Zao. The only thing that might make me move are torps, if you don't have flank protection you are going to get wrecked. The sudden death citadel damage model is a much to blame for the static play at T10 as torp soup is. I  prefer 3-8 gameplay. It is much more dynamic.

I want to acquire a Des Moines, for the sake of beta nostalgia, when it was huge, and cruiser AP did way more damage. In terms of the Pensa, you can't give it better surviveabilty without making it OP against cruisers.

1 hour ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

I want to acquire a Des Moines, for the sake of beta nostalgia, when it was huge, and cruiser AP did way more damage. In terms of the Pensa, you can't give it better surviveabilty without making it OP against cruisers.

Yeah, the Pensacola really only needs better shell velocity, and it will be golden.

2 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

I wouldn't complain if they gave it the superheavy shell too, but that might also be borderline against cruisers.

I'm almost certain that they won't give the Pensacola the super heavy round since she couldn't use them.

1 hour ago, How_Terrible said:

I'm almost certain that they won't give the Pensacola the super heavy round since she couldn't use them.

Besides, the SHS is what everybody complains about on the Baltimore and the Des Moines.  It's a great AP round, but many people seem to have trouble landing them at range.

I haven't had that issue.  :serb:

On 5/20/2016 at 1:31 PM, Mesrith said:

Yeah.  I enjoy tier 10, but not having any end-game other than pub-matches is definitely a drag on a lot of people that discourages the grind.  I've actually created a shell clan in WoT that I plan to form in WoWS down the road, but I don't see the point in going full-throttle clan mode in this game until they announce clan functionality and what form the end-game will take.

When they do start clan activities I'd  be interested in joining your clan. 

Unless major changes are made to damage model, the current T10 meta won't be fun for anyone except maybe Zao, some of the DD's and maybe Yamato. Most players will still camp the baseline except DD's.

The smaller NA playerbase is going to be problematic for clans aligned with WoT.  There might currently not be a big base of advanced players on the WoT NA server, leading to a reduced number of nightly active competitive clans ( 10-15 in 2016 versus 50-75 in the 2014 meta - correct me if you think I am overstating it ).

Although Wargaming may have originally thought that there would simply be Planes or Ships extensions to Tank clans, reality has shown that model to be unrealistic.  Optimization going forward might be for team battle sized encounters ( 7 or 8?) to be the CW standard with clans being separate from the other WG clients and limited to 50 members in order to insure enough clans to fill a Stronghold/CW map.

I had my taste of CW and Strongholds in WoT, and I enjoyed it.  I am hoping for something a little more time flexible in WoWs, and I admit I have no idea how that would work, but I hope that Wargaming has put their best and brightest on finding a solution to extend the life time of Warships.

7 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

The smaller NA playerbase is going to be problematic for clans aligned with WoT.

There are no clans aligned with WoT.  There's an almost Zero presence in WoWS from the WoT community at the moment.  I doubt that's going to suddenly change when WoWS clans are added.

I agree that I'm skeptical of there being 100 member WoWS clans and an old-style global map.  I'm interested in forming a WoWS clan and have done some of the basic legwork, but it's all in stasis until we have a clue on what form it needs to take.  There are already WoWS clans that exist on the forum, fight over recruits, and are splitting into stat-based subclans, and I think most of that is entirely premature.  Members recruited today may not be around by then, or interested in whatever form clan fights take.

What dumb fucking cunt decided that weather effects should make everything invisible outside 7 km or whatever?

I could have taken a shit between opportunities to fire in my Colorado last match.  Sure, knock detection down, but let spotted ships be visible.  Blundering around blind with no opportunity to actually play is retarded.

meanwhile on RU

(recorded the game I posted screens of earlier in the carry thread)

6 hours ago, MntRunner said:

When they do start clan activities I'd  be interested in joining your clan. 

I probably will be too, depending on what happens.

12 hours ago, Mesrith said:

There are no clans aligned with WoT.  There's an almost Zero presence in WoWS from the WoT community at the moment.  I doubt that's going to suddenly change when WoWS clans are added.

I agree that I'm skeptical of there being 100 member WoWS clans and an old-style global map.  I'm interested in forming a WoWS clan and have done some of the basic legwork, but it's all in stasis until we have a clue on what form it needs to take.  There are already WoWS clans that exist on the forum, fight over recruits, and are splitting into stat-based subclans, and I think most of that is entirely premature.  Members recruited today may not be around by then, or interested in whatever form clan fights take.

OMNI/OM is the only significant cross game clan that I know of right now on EU. We can regularly play 24 man trainings but very few of our competitors can get 12 men together. The EU does at least have a tournament scene which helps. Rumour seems to put the launch of clans sometime around gamescon.

1 minute ago, BoilerBandsman said:

Yeah, I might be done with this game until rain gets removed or fixed.  Nothing like having "YOLO into torp range in your Colorado" or "sail around with no one on either team even visible to you for 10 minutes" as "gameplay" options.

I also don't really care for how they implemented that weather effect. I don't know why they didn't just do an across the board percentage based visibility nerf while the weather is happening. For example reduce everyone's detectability by 50% (just an arbitrary example) so that a ship with a 15KM detection range would have 7.5km detection range, etc etc. Their arbitrary "everyone detection is reduced to no more then 8km" implementation is a completely garbage idea.

9 minutes ago, How_Terrible said:

I also don't really care for how they implemented that weather effect. I don't know why they didn't just do an across the board percentage based visibility nerf while the weather is happening. For example reduce everyone's detectability by 50% (just an arbitrary example) so that a ship with a 15KM detection range would have 7.5km detection range, etc etc. Their arbitrary "everyone detection is reduced to no more then 8km" implementation is a completely garbage idea.

I don't even mind the detection nerf, it's the reduction of DRAW DISTANCE even on spotted ships that's retarded.

1 hour ago, How_Terrible said:

I don't think DD's with 3km detection range would be fun either...

9 hours ago, Tedster59 said:

well, it would for one of the 2 parties concerned

also, Molotov is OP as balls when top tier, you can bounce 6inch AP with your bow and the 180mm tier 9 AP shreds lower tier cruisers

8 hours ago, Tedster59 said:

I chose 50% because I had just woke up and that math was the easiest to do in my head. In reality I wouldn't would it nearly that high.

It's about time!

http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/80553-illegal-mods-and-consequences/page__pid__1971776#entry1971776

We’re happy to inform you that we’ve taken another step in our struggle against unwanted exploiting of our game mechanics through client modifications and outright cheats. A group of players was banned earlier today. These players have been identified by us as using forbidden modifications, including aim assist mods.