Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

I'd rather it be to supertesters only than be able to be bought on the store, You don't have to worry about a shit ton of bots in them.

I agree with giving STs a reward. But not the Alabama. That ship has a lot of emotional attachment for a lot of people (not me, although I have visited it), it's been hyped by WG and requested both generally (SoDak class) and specifically since basically pre-alpha. I can understand being incredibly disappointed when WG basically says "Nope, can't have your favorite ship". Saying "YOU can't have your favorite ship, but this handpicked group can" is just salt in the wound. 

Plus, from a purely gameplay perspective, there's no premium t8 for the USN, so making the first one exclusive is a poor idea in general. 

I'd be fine with giving STs a Flint, or a Gremy, or a Missouri or one of the cancelled Iowas, or some other paper ship that's unique. A highly anticipated, emotionally significant, widely known museum ship isn't the way to go, unless it's going to be accessible to regular players as well.   

I'm not angry about the Alabama I just don't think that it makes sense from a business stand point to risk alienating players that LOVE the museum ships and would be the first in line to plunk down real money for one. I agree with the other commenters that have suggested super testers be compensated with other rare ships or maybe even doubloons.

As an aside I would be totally stoked for WG to release the Massachusetts (BB-59) at some point. ;)

As an aside, the regular WGNA forums for WoWs are so full of nitwits that I am pretty sure we have surpassed the low bar for intelligence set in the film "Idiocracy".  They are all SO sure that they are the only person to notice something, it's like a horde of attention seeking "Horshack's" have manifested themselves in that place.  Bonus points to anyone who gets the Horshack reference. :happyfish:

The whinge patrol has moved on to the next "bitter wound" they have to bare against WG - "Why is the Graf Spee not on sale this weekend!  You are running missions on the anniversary of the battle of River Platte - WHERE THE HELL IS MY GRAF SPEE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Funny, no one is whining about not getting an Exeter, Ajax or Achilles ..... lol.

1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

The whinge patrol has moved on to the next "bitter wound" they have to bare against WG - "Why is the Graf Spee not on sale this weekend!  You are running missions on the anniversary of the battle of River Platte - WHERE THE HELL IS MY GRAF SPEE!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!"

Funny, no one is whining about not getting an Exeter, Ajax or Achilles ..... lol.

As usual, people's priorities are depressing.

3 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

If you think they're whining now, wait till all the shitty wehraboos buy her. Dunkerque especially is waiting for them. :frenchy:

19 minutes ago, Mnemon said:

If you think they're whining now, wait till all the shitty wehraboos buy her. Dunkerque especially is waiting for them. :frenchy:

I'm buying one but I plan to run my Dunkerque exclusively for the following week just because I know the MM will be filled with Graf Sprees 

Please excuse the intrusion, but what's the opinion on the new "auto-fuck every DD's day" skill & the "Flight Deck Fire? LOLNOPE" skills?

I know they're not coming until the wave of 1960s Soviet DDs, but haven't seen them discussed much by people whose opinions I trust...

57 minutes ago, Khul said:

Please excuse the intrusion, but what's the opinion on the new "auto-fuck every DD's day" skill & the "Flight Deck Fire? LOLNOPE" skills?

I know they're not coming until the wave of 1960s Soviet DDs, but haven't seen them discussed much by people whose opinions I trust...

The skill tree overhaul is probably at least 2-3 patches away so I wouldn't worry to much about it at the moment.

3 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

Just play T7 as usual.

I could and I plan to make use of my Scharnhurst also, but to be fair the Dunkerque was built to destroy the Graf Spree so thus I will have to sail her so she can finally do what she was built to do

On 12/18/2016 at 4:54 AM, Psycodiver said:

I could and I plan to make use of my Scharnhurst also, but to be fair the Dunkerque was built to destroy the Graf Spree so thus I will have to sail her so she can finally do what she was built to do

Ditto. Also, I really enjoy the Dunkerque. So doing the historical thing and bullying the Graf Spree will be fun. I guess I could bring out a Leander, but that seems like hard work.

10 minutes ago, CompanionCav said:

Something from the reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/5izagt/some_comment_on_2017_news/dbcgih3/

Sub_Octavian[S]

Currently T5-6 MM is not to be changed. System works as intended. Sorry that my answer doesn't meet your expectations, but that's the truth.

Currently grinding through those tiers, I can say that I'm not too pleased with the amount of up tiering (unless I'm in a DD).