Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

7 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

CE is useful for certain scenarios where you need to kite. In your case I'd get superintendent.

I'm new to the Nagato, but I thought that one was to start at kiting range / go undetected after firering, and then move in midgame due to the armour seeming less reliable then it's peers.

Would you care to expand please?

Wow trying to sail a USN BB is almost pure suicide with HEAP out now. I was stripped down in my Texas then my New Mexico by HEAP shells, I had a Atlanta completely wreck me and several other ships with it. I took my Mahan out with that skill and I was doing so much more damage with it also. Its broken, I can't imagine being in a USN or IJN BB line currently with this skill as it is.

"Working as intended" :serb:
Not very fun when most IJN save for Yamato and all of the US BBs can get their decks penned by HEAP. I'd love to take Missouri out, but this new skill basically means, play German BBs or GTFO.

6 hours ago, Captain_F22ACE said:

"Working as intended" :serb:
Not very fun when most IJN save for Yamato and all of the US BBs can get their decks penned by HEAP. I'd love to take Missouri out, but this new skill basically means, play German BBs or GTFO.

kinda bullshit at higher tiers since only 180mm and smaller have any use from IFHE, all 203mm cruisers could already pen most decks, hell them having it reduces the fire %, so I encourage potatoes to take it on things like Zao

It`s the lower and middle-tiers, where IFHE is really a problem. In higher tiers, only DDs and russians have guns that really benefit from it and wierdly enough, nobody plays russian cruisers despite them being powerful as fuck even before IFHA happens.

1 hour ago, Madner Kami said:

It`s the lower and middle-tiers, where IFHE is really a problem. In higher tiers, only DDs and russians have guns that really benefit from it and wierdly enough, nobody plays russian cruisers despite them being powerful as fuck even before IFHA happens.

And why bother using IFHE on Moskva, because 220mm won't have benefits.

2 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

And why bother using IFHE on Moskva, because 220mm won't have benefits.

Donskoi will love IFHE. It might actually have higher damage potential than Moskva.

Coincidentally, VMF Cruiser is the only line that has IFHE spewers from T6 to T9. This line also has three out of four IFHE boats at T8~T10 bracket, of which Kutuzov makes a frequent appearance.

Muh balans

Battleships more vulnerable? Good, needed to happen. It took far too long too clean a bow tanking battleship out of a choke point, and if he got away he could repair all the fire damage and be back at 70% health. I have some feels for mid-tier American battleships who have trouble disengaging, but given how many deletions I've delivered with Arizona it's not that many.

6 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

Battleships more vulnerable? Good, needed to happen. It took far too long too clean a bow tanking battleship out of a choke point, and if he got away he could repair all the fire damage and be back at 70% health. I have some feels for mid-tier American battleships who have trouble disengaging, but given how many deletions I've delivered with Arizona it's not that many.

cant you heal HE just like fire damage, doesn't it count as light damage ?

2 hours ago, Crossfader said:

cant you heal HE just like fire damage, doesn't it count as light damage ?

AFAIK it's 50% like AP normal pen. That said, I haven't paid much attention to verify it in game. If your very first damage taken is from a HE salvo, see how much of total can be healed.

No, it isn't. It's treated no differently to AP. "Universal" HP (fire, flood) is 100% repairable. Section damage (bow, stern, superstructure) is 50% repairable. Citadel is 10/30% repairable depending on class.

Source (old but I don't believe this has changed in the last year apart from some RN cruiser quirks): http://forum.worldofwarships.asia/index.php?/topic/7695-dealing-damage-in-wows/

23 minutes ago, xWulffx said:

Would it be worth running the  Mogami with IFHE with the 155 mm guns?

Yes, but none of the other IJN cruisers can make use of it, so unless you have a dedicated captain, or will retrain once you move the captain, don't.

1 hour ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Yes, but none of the other IJN cruisers can make use of it, so unless you have a dedicated captain, or will retrain once you move the captain, don't.

That's what I was thinking and debating as to whether I would keep it and train up a new captain for it  while keeping this captain for the Zao for a stealth build

What is so hard about standard battle for people to understand, I was in a match where everyone started going one side, I say hey need some help over here, this isn't domination we got to protect the both flanks. Well I thought it was left to me and a couple cruisers. Well we proceed to kick ass and then I notice the whole team turned around to come help while we were mopping up. My brain hurts so much from this

6 minutes ago, Psycodiver said:

What is so hard about standard battle for people to understand, I was in a match where everyone started going one side, I say hey need some help over here, this isn't domination we got to protect the both flanks. Well I thought it was left to me and a couple cruisers. Well we proceed to kick ass and then I notice the whole team turned around to come help while we were mopping up. My brain hurts so much from this

Gotta love it !!! It happens to me all the time where 1/4 of the team holds off the majority of the other while our main force gets stumped by 2 to 4 ships and the BBs are so far back they can't help either flank effectively

15 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

Patch .6.0.1 nerfed akizuki pen for HE to 17 mm from 19 mm. How will that effect IFHE? Does anyone know?

Can't crack 23mm armour any more. 

2 hours ago, OnboardG1 said:

Can't crack 23mm armour any more. 

So  that means what ships will be immune to it? Does that make heavy CA's laugh at it's guns? I am a few thousand exp from the akisuki and wondering if it is worth the trouible.

Not much by the looks of it. I don't believe it could crack 25mm armor before. Maybe there's some 23-24mm edge cases on some of the high tier DDs?

I saw this covered when the PTS part 2 was out, I think. They fixed the Akizuki shells to have the 1/6 penetration rule, and IFHE lets it pen 19mms of armor. I know I had tried it previously on PTS and it was shattershattershatter...with IFHE, pens galore.