Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

I don't think Akizuki's HE pen ever was 19mm at least in live server - if it was, then all the hubbub about Aki HE not being able to damage T8+ DD hulls wouldn't have happened.

Maybe in one of their internal builds, idk.

13 hours ago, CompanionCav said:

I don't think Akizuki's HE pen ever was 19mm at least in live server - if it was, then all the hubbub about Aki HE not being able to damage T8+ DD hulls wouldn't have happened.

Maybe in one of their internal builds, idk.

You need to have more penetration than listed to penetrate armor, meaning Akizuki needed 20mm of penetration to damage tier 8-10 DD hull.

The 19mm of HE penetration did exist, as before IFHE/0.6.0 it was able to damage the 18mm thick Hiryuu flight deck.

I've decided I like the containers, I just got a 10 million credit one :D

I'm grinding my Konig, is there any way to win when your two, top tier Colorados fire only HE and go full broadside to everything?

Edit: I'd say about 80% of my losses are solely due to bad BB players who don't understand how to play. Typically will circle at a distance around the furthest away point and only move in when their team has died.

14 hours ago, Pocktio said:

I've decided I like the containers, I just got a 10 million credit one :D

I'm grinding my Konig, is there any way to win when your two, top tier Colorados fire only HE and go full broadside to everything?

Edit: I'd say about 80% of my losses are solely due to bad BB players who don't understand how to play. Typically will circle at a distance around the furthest away point and only move in when their team has died.

:(  I got two supercontainers in as many days for 10M credits this week. I have a Missouri.  :facepalm:

I had 5 supercontainers in about 275 tyl containers. I'd be rather crossed if my next super was a credit container, having 200 millions already as well as having already bought 2 captain-less tier 8 in advance...

Got my dragon ship this morning. Boy, is it gaudiness incarnate. You see those neon dragon shirts they sell (I always wondered to whom)  on the marketplaces in the summer?  The ship is to naval building what those shirts are to clothing.

16 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Finally got over 55% wr, I've been bumping along that line for a while now, not to shabby for a solo player I think that only has time to play a couple games a night

Congrats o7

I turned 57 % solo yesterday. It is quiet hard to improve to a decent level, when you don't have a lot of free time, like when one was a student etc. I quit WoT due to not having the time to sustain and improve.

You could I guess, or you could put on you man pants and torp them lol

Seriously the skill is broken, I did over 40k damage with my guns in my Mahan last night while bottom tier, I never fired my torpedos and only started 2 fires. It takes the fun out of the game, just find a island or smoke and plug away. Just no fun in it

Some changes on the PTS today - some changes to flooding damage, and most likely to be noticed, buffs to USN CA's. Pensacola gets a base concealment of 12.8 iirc. NO, Balti, and DM get ROF buffs.

https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWarships/comments/5r7rhq/public_test_update_31012017/

5 hours ago, CompanionCav said:

Pre-buff, NO and Balt HE dpm was behind Atago.

Post-buff, NO is on par with Atago and Balt has it slightly higher than Donskoi. Impressive.

And Des Moines... Yo Dawg, I heard you like Adrenaline Rush...

Not to mention mod 3 will reduce reload to like 4.4 seconds

4 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Yeah the Des Moines is going to be off the chain, you can get it close to an Atlanta's ROF with 203's vs 127's .... just WOW!

6 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

The range mod is essential for contributing to the 18km circlefests that occur anytime you get Standard Battle at tier 10.  MBM3 would be fun, but having such a short range is a pretty big handicap on your opportunities.

The changes are good.  I think the tier 5-9 US cruisers will still be pretty "meh" to the average player and new players in general (many of whom seem to choose it for their first tree), but the changes will increase the skill cap and make them more appealing to good players.

Mesrith, do you generally run CE and the Concealment mod on your cruisers?

I do on all my cruisers to give yourself the chance to get away and also get in close and really lay into BBs or even surprise an unwary DD

Des Moins buff is stupid, its DPM was never its weak spot, bad shell velocity and being supper squishy are what bring it down, sure its nice, but 1/2 second off on the reload isnt gonna change shit. Thats like buffing Tortoise DPM by 5%, not the problem in the first place.

Had they upped the shell velocity to 810-820m/s then ok that a good buff, but with this, it wont feel any different. The rest of the line on the other hand is quite nice, Pensacola buff is a long time coming.

3 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

Des Moins buff is stupid, its DPM was never its weak spot, bad shell velocity and being supper squishy are what bring it down, sure its nice, but 1/2 second off on the reload isnt gonna change shit. Thats like buffing Tortoise DPM by 5%, not the problem in the first place.

Had they upped the shell velocity to 810-820m/s then ok that a good buff, but with this, it wont feel any different. The rest of the line on the other hand is quite nice, Pensacola buff is a long time coming.

I'd rather they double down on a ship's strength instead of just homogenizing the shit out of everything.  Des Moines shells take some getting used to but it's an overall great ship with a unique playstyle among the tier 10 cruisers.

I'm taking a break, the last few days have been just plain horrible, as soon last weekend hit I can't make anything work and I'm getting teams that are so stupid I'm actually surprised they even know how to turn a computer on much less operate it. I play for fun, I just happen to be pretty ok, I just can't continue to play when its making me mad

3 hours ago, Mesrith said:

I'd rather they double down on a ship's strength instead of just homogenizing the shit out of everything.  Des Moines shells take some getting used to but it's an overall great ship with a unique playstyle among the tier 10 cruisers.

i dont want them to be all the same, its just that the buff kinda doesn't make sense. The other 3 cruiser in the line, sure, good and needed buffs, just the Des one, meh, i would rather they changed something else. Des Moins just feels to much at the mercy of map rotation and gamemode (+ passive meta does not help). Ocean standard battle make me want to slit my throat, but any map with cover and domination, lots of fun.

Super tempted by the EU Belfast package.....ohhhhhhhh so tempting.

£34 for full equipment, 50 games worth of consumables and 2,5k gold....

Edit: caved, holy moly mother of Christ it's amazing. It just does everything. I went with SI & CE so I can use it along my RN grind but the second I get those 2 extra captain points I am getting iFHE cos holy shit will it then wreck face. So tempting to have a dedicated RN Capn with DE & IFHE but the double concealment build is mad as balls with smoke, radar & hydro. I can rain HE on BBs all day long with impunity, fuck those guys.