Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

Belfast really needs a dedicated captain, you'd give up 7 points for something that is of zero use on tech tree cruisers. And yeah it's broken AF

On 2/1/2017 at 8:22 PM, Crossfader said:

i dont want them to be all the same, its just that the buff kinda doesn't make sense. The other 3 cruiser in the line, sure, good and needed buffs, just the Des one, meh, i would rather they changed something else. Des Moins just feels to much at the mercy of map rotation and gamemode (+ passive meta does not help). Ocean standard battle make me want to slit my throat, but any map with cover and domination, lots of fun.

In particular the other option would have been 30mm plating on the midsection similar to the other T10 CAs currently in game. Not sure which idea would be better for game health, but it seems like the dev's intent wasn't to change the playstyle of the Des Moines, just get her a bit better statistically. A DPM buff would certainly nudge her in that direction. Pensacola and New Orleans also should probably have gotten their historical 853 m/s HE velocities, but their current buffs seem pretty decent at first glance. 

An interesting point is that with the buffed from historical RPMs, this allows the Buffalo (test 4x3 USN CA blueprint CA-B, think a US version of what the Hindenburg is to the Roon) to possibly be a competitive T10 candidate for either a second tech tree or as a reward ship. She could have a total of 72 rounds per minute, and would be the only high tier USN CA/CL with torpedoes (4 per side, Mahan torps). If she is given say 30mm plating all around she could carry a pretty unique niche. 

I took my Shima out for some games since the patch to test RL and, holy shit, I seem to be the only one using it which makes it SUPER powerful. It's just soooo convenient to know that you will cap that cap without problems, flank around with no surprises and let them eat you torps in unexpected moments.

The trick here is to target not the first (obvious) target but to get as close as possible and torp the second (unsuspecting) targets. Here RL is essential for your security because getting spotted while doing this means you will eat a shitload of damage (or flat out die to radar).

In my games since patch I average 180k on the Shima...

13 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

I played a bastion map once, it didn't seem that bad. ( I know, I've seen the videos)

Being hit by a Fort at 14km in your full-speed Gearing, who is engaged with an enemy ship already, and both losing your engine and being set on fire with no repair, is bullshit.

There's room for some PvE elements in a PvP game, even if I don't agree with them.  There's never room for PvE damage-dealing elements in a PvP game, especially when they're as grossly overpowered as they have been for the past several months.  Glad it's dead, and I hope it stays dead.  If people want to play with bots, whether they're ships or forts, they can play Co-Op.

6 minutes ago, Mesrith said:

Being hit by a Fort at 14km in your full-speed Gearing, who is engaged with an enemy ship already, and both losing your engine and being set on fire with no repair, is bullshit.

Probably the most egregious violation I ever saw was a friendly Benson get detonated by a fort at close to full health. Fun and engaging game mechanics comrade!

As an aside I think you're correct that Bastion would be a pretty good 'co-op' mode. I don't play co-op very often but I think WG could show 'em a little love now and again because not everyone that plays games likes PvP. It's kind of an under-served market in WoWs. Probably some rubles to be made. Plus it might keep some of the human 'bots' out of PvP games. ;)

I'm glad it's gone cause I sure didn't enjoy being smacked by a fort at 12+km away in Missouri for 4k-7k dmg every 4-5 seconds while trying to disable the fort. Forts in co-op sounds like a bit of a nightmare given how bad most players in high tier ships typically are in co-op.

2 hours ago, Captain_F22ACE said:

I'm glad it's gone cause I sure didn't enjoy being smacked by a fort at 12+km away in Missouri for 4k-7k dmg every 4-5 seconds while trying to disable the fort. Forts in co-op sounds like a bit of a nightmare given how bad most players in high tier ships typically are in both co-op and random

Fixed that for you

29 minutes ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Who plays co-op?

Generally when I buy a new ship the first time out I'll fire up Co-Op just so I can gauge it's handling and gun characteristics. Other than that there's not much value to me beyond a 'live fire exercise.'

2 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Who plays co-op?

You must not visit the official forums much.  There's a vocal minority of players there that play nothing but Co-Op, even at high tiers, and they're extremely sensitive to any competition or campaign that excludes Co-Op from completion.  The excuse is usually that PvP is literally unplayable because everybody is just so goddamned toxic all the time.

10 minutes ago, Mesrith said:

You must not visit the official forums much.  There's a vocal minority of players there that play nothing but Co-Op, even at high tiers, and they're extremely sensitive to any competition or campaign that excludes Co-Op from completion.  The excuse is usually that PvP is literally unplayable because everybody is just so goddamned toxic all the time.

If they bothered to learn mechanics and stopped playing so poorly, we wouldn't be toxic.

10 minutes ago, Mesrith said:

Well the developers threw them a bone in 6.1 with a 25% reduction in repair costs in co-op mode. lol

I have 61 million now and would have more but I recently bought 3 ships - Ognevoi/Kiev/Nurneburg.

A guy in my clan is up to 73 million. 

You need at least 30 mill to buy a tier 10 with all the bells and whistles

2 hours ago, Mesrith said:

I've been arguing with one of those players lately, he doesn't get how different the 2 modes are