Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

1 hour ago, Pocktio said:

Pepsicola worth grinding

It seems ok now but the USN CAs are simply too one dimensional for my tastes. And yesterday I deleted a broadsiding Des Moines from 80% to 0 in less than 12 secs in my 155 Mogami while he waited for me to turn for torping...

Just now, Jaegaer said:

It seems ok now but the USN CAs are simply too one dimensional for my tastes. And yesterday I deleted a broadsiding Des Moines from 80% to 0 in less than 12 secs in my 155 Mogami while he waited for me to turn for torping...

Yes I know but I enjoy my Indy, so I think I'll like Pepsi and I like collecting ships.

Even though I have a Belfast, Myoko and Yorck....

20 hours ago, SoliDeoGloria said:

Who plays co-op?

Me. And I'd rather have pvp players out of coop, because they (or at least some of them) think pvp strats are good for bot games.

Pensacola is ok, The new problem is that graf spee and scharn can easily citadel you through the bow, which means you cannot engage one except over an island. I would still take Indy over her.

18 hours ago, NightmareMk9 said:

How many credits worth of modules did you sell?

I made $5m credits, but I'm a noob with only 500 games.

I bet there are people with $50M

I went form 23 million on hand to just shy of 36 million on hand.

One thing Pepsi can finally do is get out of sight if things get too hairy. Also, surprise-nuking cruisers with American Piercing shells, dayum

I got about it and I have a captain with CE skill, should be fun when I play it later

On another note, while doing my low tier BB experiment I noticed a bunch of clans seal clubbing now, the occasional seal clubbing division is one thing but I'm seeing clan tags now allot more. Is their a reason beyond just seal clubbing like some sort of training?

Made 25mil in silver- enough to finally kit out all my ships with those 4/5/6 slot upgrades that I've been too cheap to buy.  When else would I have spent 2million silver for a friggin target acquisition mod for my Arkansas Beta? 

I went from 304 million to 336 million from selling 85 modules and some useless premium spotter planes. A very profitable update for me.

Cleveland is a beastly ship. Got nice and used to the shells, setting fires left right and centre. Got one map safe behind and Island all game, constantly firing. Got like 80k damage, mostly fires, on three tier 8 BBs who couldnt even, like literally.

And I have a CE captain ready for pepsi :D

8 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

I got about it and I have a captain with CE skill, should be fun when I play it later

On another note, while doing my low tier BB experiment I noticed a bunch of clans seal clubbing now, the occasional seal clubbing division is one thing but I'm seeing clan tags now allot more. Is their a reason beyond just seal clubbing like some sort of training?

Clan tags don't mean much on their own. Is almost every game that allows for sizeable clans you'll find that 85% of the the clans that is in the game are no larger then a handful of people. Some are just a small group of friends that play together, some are people that joined / formed a random tag because they thought being in a clan would be cool, and some are just the remnants of clans the either failed to take off or have fallen on hard times.

11 hours ago, Jarkorsis said:

I useless premium spotter planes

i dont know what you mean, spotter planes most useful plane 2k17, WG even added a new, super rare, thus awesome, mod for spotter planes 

I use spotter plane plus range mod to stealth fire in Yamato, best strategy, never get shot back at

37 minutes ago, Crossfader said:

i dont know what you mean, spotter planes most useful plane 2k17, WG even added a new, super rare, thus awesome, mod for spotter planes 

I use spotter plane plus range mod to stealth fire in Yamato, best strategy, never get shot back at

I hope you're being sarcastic, that's the dumbest thing I ever heard you say.  Even if you are on a big enough map to take advantage of a 30 to 36 km shot, the dispersion would be insanely high over 300 m maybe even close to 400 m and take what 30 seconds to get there?

2 hours ago, xWulffx said:

I hope you're being sarcastic, that's the dumbest thing I ever heard you say.  Even if you are on a big enough map to take advantage of a 30 to 36 km shot, the dispersion would be insanely high over 300 m maybe even close to 400 m and take what 30 seconds to get there?

Probably is sarcastic, since he's not this guy. Every time I've seen that player, he's bordersniped or done something close. I bet he loves the spotter plane for those sweet 37km Yamato cits. :doge:

Should have known better.

Took my Shima out for a spin and had 3 decidedly awful games with 6 to 8 Radar Cruisers on each team (mostly Des Moines). Thats seriously retarded, none of the DDs finished even close to the top, in all of the game one or two caps were uncapped almost to the very end of the game.

Best game was on Ocean with two Lexis mixed in. They lost their planes so fast that they ran out after like 7 minutes...

To relax and prepare for ranked I took the Hiryu... 3 Baltimores and 3 Atlantas (along with a Neptune and a DiDo)... in a Hurrican... Seriously WG, fix that mechanic. I couldn't even see the ships that shot down my planes in mere seconds.

5 hours ago, Crossfader said:

So, someone pointed out a genuinely useful tactic with the spotter plane: firing into smoke. It lets you be relatively laser accurate in blowing poor british peoples.

9 hours ago, xWulffx said:

H183gQq.gif?noredirect

2 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Should have known better.

Took my Shima out for a spin and had 3 decidedly awful games with 6 to 8 Radar Cruisers on each team (mostly Des Moines). Thats seriously retarded, none of the DDs finished even close to the top, in all of the game one or two caps were uncapped almost to the very end of the game.

Best game was on Ocean with two Lexis mixed in. They lost their planes so fast that they ran out after like 7 minutes...

To relax and prepare for ranked I took the Hiryu... 3 Baltimores and 3 Atlantas (along with a Neptune and a DiDo)... in a Hurrican... Seriously WG, fix that mechanic. I couldn't even see the ships that shot down my planes in mere seconds.

Are you using F3 Torps? Since the latest patch people are moving away from F3 tops and using the longer range ones (not the 20km ones mind).

The reason is that Radar boats make delivering F3 torps really hard.

2 hours ago, bathoz said:

So, someone pointed out a genuinely useful tactic with the spotter plane: firing into smoke. It lets you be relatively laser accurate in blowing poor british peoples.

Battleship mains all use spotter planes in OMNI now so we're practiced in doing that. Honestly, once you're in a division the fighter plane is a waste of time (especially with the nerf to duration).

10 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

Battleship mains all use spotter planes in OMNI now so we're practiced in doing that. Honestly, once you're in a division the fighter plane is a waste of time (especially with the nerf to duration).

Would you mind expanding a bit? 

I only play solo, currently mainly at tiers 6-8, and I have fighters along with the skill on some of my BBs, but I'm still a novice here.

3 hours ago, Birkovic said:

I only play solo, currently mainly at tiers 6-8, and I have fighters along with the skill on some of my BBs, but I'm still a novice here.

spotter plan give a more birds eye view, so for shooting in smoke it gives you much better depth perception (normal view give a good idea of location on the X axis, spotter plane helps for Y axis). For solo play, the fighter plane, plus direction center is still better, especially on BB's, then spotter plane. It counters CV's plus is great at spotting torps. You just have to use it more carefully now with the reduced active time.

10 minutes ago, Birkovic said:

Most of the time you're going to be in overlapping AA range of your division mates and have a cruiser/US DD for panic button. That means you're also likely to have more ways of spotting torpedoes (meaning you can save the plane for smoke shooting). When you're solo the planes are useful to panic bombers. That's not especially useful in division. Being able to shoot accurately into smoke is an excellent ability.

1 hour ago, Krollin said:

The reason is that Radar boats make delivering F3 torps really hard

Yes, I didn't sell the module but I can't see myself using them any more. Too many Gearings with RL, too much Radar and that for just a few extra knots.