Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

6 hours ago, Crossfader said:

The range should be buffed to 20km

Would be useless. Roma is fastish and pretty maneuverable with good camo and awesome armor - aka a BRAWLER. If you want to snipe in a tier VIII BB then the Amago or the NC is for you.

The Roma guns suffer from Bayernitis. Their incredible speed and penetration retention over range mean they want to snipe. But the dispersion means they can't... not really. (The range doesn't really have much to do with this.)

At close range, your shells are fast enough that you can be in and out of a thin ship's citadel before the fuse triggers. Hence the overpens.

Personally, I'm in a weird middle ground regarding the range. On the one hand, the short range makes me want to take a spotter plane. The problem is: not only can you not really take advantage of the extra range, you can't even reliably use it to blind fire smoke. The other choice, the lesser spotted fighter plane would help cover the Roma's terrible AA a tiny bit. But... not a whole lot, and sometimes you really just need to be taking those long-range potshots.

It'll take more playtesting to work it out.

Just now, Jaegaer said:

Would be useless. Roma is fastish and pretty maneuverable with good camo and awesome armor - aka a BRAWLER. If you want to snipe in a tier VIII BB then the Amago or the NC is for you.

nope not that much of a brawler, terrible citadel will get you punished, like the worse at tier 8, i only want the range for those awesome and super fun tier X maps/matches

Roma is a mid range BB.

It's not a very good brawler though, I fought one yesterday in my Amagi and if they show a hint of their side at close range they'll eat citadels, I managed 4 on him. First 2 is when he gave me the flat side of his bow so I was able to punch through his forward bulk head. I would say it appears to be a weaker brawler than even the NC and more akin to the pre-citadel buff Iowa's

What's with Touchfluffytail negging anyone who says a ship isn't the best?

Roma does have poor dispersion and a raised citadel. These are facts.

8 hours ago, Manic_Wombat said:

Hmmmm, touch the tail for reset? Or tailgasm...:3

On ‎23‎.‎01‎.‎2018 at 5:11 AM, Manic_Wombat said:

Let's test: COSSACK SUCKS, OMG, OMG.

Seriously, what is WG thinking? Putting a worse copy of an existing ship with no redeeming features and no testable gimmicks into Supertest is accomplishing what? There is nothing to test with the Cossack, community said it sucks by just browsing the stats but, no, WG needs all supertesters to totally thrash the ship on top of that.

13 hours ago, Jaegaer said:

Let's test: COSSACK SUCKS, OMG, OMG.

Seriously, what is WG thinking? Putting a worse copy of an existing ship with no redeeming features and no testable gimmicks into Supertest is accomplishing what? There is nothing to test with the Cossack, community said it sucks by just browsing the stats but, no, WG needs all supertesters to totally thrash the ship on top of that.

The thing that confuses me is everything I've read on the ship historically speaking indicates 4 x 2 turrets, not 3 x 2? What gives?

6 minutes ago, Rodrigopine said:

The thing that confuses me is everything I've read on the ship historically speaking indicates 4 x 2 turrets, not 3 x 2? What gives?

It does have 4 turrets, one just happens to be 102mm guns instead of 120mm.

11 minutes ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

I did get a pair of secondary hits with the 85mm turret on the Kiev a few days ago. It did no damage.

When Kiev was tier 7 I actually got a CQC ribbon once dueling another DD at close range. lol

Finally got around to seriously grinding the RN BB line again and firing 99% AP (HE for DDs is good). I stopped on the Iron Duke because she was meh, heck all of them have been Meh in my opinion. Their AA if overpower compared to the rest of the BB lines, their AP is perfectly usable, near impossible to citadel, German secondary range, ect seriously WG went out of their way to make these so strong their boring. The only weak area is their turret traverse, oh and the Iron Dukes range is pretty shit at 16.8km like the Konig's 16.5km (cause you know 70% tier 7 matches makes that range sooooo much fun). Got the Queen Elizabeth and finally a RN BB I like, these guns hit like freight trains and I just like her she feel very comfy

If you like the QE, you'll also like the Warspite.  Warspite is slightly better due to the higher turret traverse which makes the ship even more comfortable to play, although QE's HE and AA is better.

Warspite has better secondaries and heal too.

Im close to the KGV which I'm looking forward to.  I got the Duke of York which I don't mind, so I expect the KGV will play similar.

If you're shooting HE out of a BB that can overmatch things, you need to take a step back and learn mechanics. Also, stop whining about higher citadels. I'm happy they're finally back. I get away with far too much stupid shit in my US battleships, being punished for mistakes is good. I hate having these beautiful broadsides, but not being able to show people why that's a bad thing. 

The RN BBs are not so much terribly OP overall but rather extremely foolproof. Afaik the russians LOVE this line - best line every made... Type 5 heavy says hello.

In reality a good player can often do more in a Montana or even a Yamato and at least I saw more of those in Typhoon than Conqs.

Well it took me a little less than a month to grind 350k Free XP to reach 375k and finally buy the Nelson. The first 200k I did with the free 7 days Premium time WG gave out and stacking all my special flags. After that I did the last 150k on regular account and stacking regular flags, camo, and first day win bonuses. It's pretty amazing how much of a effect premium time and stacking XP flags with Free XP flags really made a huge difference

I like the Nelson, I like her allot but I just can't get her into a workable position like I can with USN Standards (she plays allot like them to me) which means I can't get those guns singing. I will say this is the first ship in a long time that I have enjoyed playing, I will easily rank her up there with the Colorado or Clemson as my new Go-To fun ship I think

That said I utterly hate my Guilio Caesar, its not that it is a bad ship but I can't get nothing but bad teams. Its gotten so bad to the point I just want it gone but WG won't refund my gold back at this point. I'll just tuck her away till the Italian BB line comes around because she just disgusts me

On 1/27/2018 at 10:31 PM, Psycodiver said:

That said I utterly hate my Guilio Caesar

You know that its like, super OP, like along with the Iron Duke the best tier V BB.

Anyways, anyone knows how long it takes till they give out the ranked rewards, i want to go burn down BB's in my new Flint.

1 hour ago, Crossfader said:

You know that its like, super OP, like along with the Iron Duke the best tier V BB

Yep and my stats are pretty good in it except I can't get a win. I have no issue with any of my other ships but my luck in this ship is plain sad

3 hours ago, Psycodiver said:

Yep and my stats are pretty good in it except I can't get a win. I have no issue with any of my other ships but my luck in this ship is plain sad

yeah i got that with the Roon, something like 34% W/R even though i had my highest avg dmg for cruisers at the time.

You guys think it'd be possible to still grind enough xp for Missouri? Would have to convert a lot, but because a friend invited me back I got 80k free xp xp for playing a tier 6. Sitting on about 90k right now, would have to convert it but i don't mind TBH.

Yeah, you have a month at least to do it, 7.1 hasn't dropped yet ( maybe this week or next ) and it will probably be a month before 7.2 drops as the deadline.

17 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

you have a month at least

WG said end of February. 7.2 will be a rather small patch compared to 7.1 so I don't think they will need a lot of time.