Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

How on earth do you manage to keep your draws below 10%? I was down to 9.8% the other day but now I'm back to 10.1% again. Do any of my stats give any hint as to why I get so many draws? I'm obviously doing something wrong. Plz halp. I am Leif_GG_Persson on the EU server.

Man I wish you could disable draw mode.. I mean standard and encounter mode in the game options.

Where?  did not see it in the shop or on the tech tree.

Only released in EU for now, because Reasons.

Only released in EU for now, because Reasons.

basically every tier 8 match is now tirpitz mode, abit like when the Lowe got released

from the wows reddit

CUWW5C7.png

Ain't going to lie that looks like a fun battle. I was thinking of proposing a training room battle with all BBs or CL or heck all CVNs wild be crazy fun 

*shudders at the thought of CVN's in game*

Should take extra citadel damage, that results in damage over time (representing crew deaths from radiation!)

So, the Tirpitz is pretty fun. The guns are great VS cruisers, and getting citadels is easy. It seems like the shells have a higher velocity than the USN and IJN 16" shells. I missed a lot of shots the first time I played it from leading too far, but once I got used to it it's very accurate. It's fast and the guns have good range, so it will always be in the fight, unlike the Warspite. 400k credit profits are common, even without the Zulu-flag.

So, the Tirpitz is pretty fun. The guns are great VS cruisers, and getting citadels is easy. It seems like the shells have a higher velocity than the USN and IJN 16" shells. I missed a lot of shots the first time I played it from leading too far, but once I got used to it it's very accurate. It's fast and the guns have good range, so it will always be in the fight, unlike the Warspite. 400k credit profits are common, even without the Zulu-flag.

Now, the lack of it on NA makes me more mad.  Just unlocked my B hull on North Carolina, and found out it costs 4 million creds...  Could really use a money maker.

Now, the lack of it on NA makes me more mad.  Just unlocked my B hull on North Carolina, and found out it costs 4 million creds...  Could really use a money maker.

*insert lame joke about credit bundle here*

:serb: 

U want give me money

serb.png

Not today

This game feels even more blatant about friction points than tanks does.

Stock Fuso having 13km range is a hilarious attempt at making people burn gold for free xp, but it's not going to work on me WG.

Should take extra citadel damage, that results in damage over time (representing crew deaths from radiation!)

Except CVNs and its planes will be off map and its planes can launch harpoons at you from beyond the map. Fair and BalancedTM

Stock Fuso having 13km range is a hilarious attempt at making people burn gold for free xp, but it's not going to work on me WG.

Dont worry, its sooooo worth it. Fully upgraded Fuso is in my opinion, tier for tier, one of the best ships.

How to Tog

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WRmJb77Dkw

Except CVNs and its planes will be off map and its planes can launch harpoons at you from beyond the map. Fair and BalancedTM

At which point I resurrect my idea about using the Iowa's historic upgrades.  Phalanx CIWS, Tomahawks and Harpoons!  Also, that nuclear shell for the main guns!

Will harpoons even do anything to Iowa?  Reminds me of this topic: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/9680-why-not-reactivate-the-battleships/

Will harpoons even do anything to Iowa?  Reminds me of this topic: http://forum.worldofwarships.com/index.php?/topic/9680-why-not-reactivate-the-battleships/

I doubt they would due much to the belt armor, and I think the deck armor would give them a tough time. However, 5 - 6 Harpoons would totally trash the superstructure and potentially mission kill the ship by trashing all the senors and fire control gear that is housed there. A battleship has enough redundancy that it could still move and fight under those conditions, but its combat effectiveness would be greatly reduced since it would suddenly find itself deaf, dumb, blind, and probably short a goodly number of its senior officers and ratings. Also, if it starts a big enough fire it could have the potential of rendering the ship totally uninhabitable, and at that point the only thing left to due is to scuttle it. A ship is a lot like a tank in that you don't necessarily have to truly "kill" it to stop it. For both of them if you break enough stuff, or just the right stuff, you will make the unit unable to complete it's mission.

If you really absolutely need to sink a battleship with modern weapons I would say that the best options are multipe submarine launched torpedo's ( 6 - 12 weapons) like the USN's MK48 or the RN's Spearfish since their warheads are big enough to defeat the torpedo defense scheme, or 4 - 8 of the 2,000 pound or 5,000 pound hardened target penetrators (bunker buster) that is used by the USAF since they will almost certainly defeat any deck armor scheme.

Meh, stock Fuso is just like a low/mid-tier US BB with less armor.  You are basically a tier 6 Wyoming, and you've already got the best guns the Fuso can get right out the gate.  There are ships with legitimately bad stock grinds and Fuso really isn't one of them.

eh, stock Fuso is just like a low/mid-tier US BB with less armor.  You are basically a tier 6 Wyoming, and you've already got the best guns the Fuso can get right out the gate.  There are ships with legitimately bad stock grinds and Fuso really isn't one of them.

Stock fuso uses a horrible outdated shell. Can't hope to hurt New Mexicos and Nagatos properly with that unless you're REALLY close.