Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

It's been some time since I last played (0.5). Has Cleveland's AP round been buffed? I had a game in my Myoko just now where a pair of Cleves did significant, reliable damage against me with AP, even against angled sides.

cleveland has always had good AP, just everybody spams HE and forgets about it.  also, Myoko has really shitty armor (100mm max belt IIRC).

buffs to high tier vision with acq system finally being useful.

It will be useful now? Bought a Nor Carol yesterday and still missing the last module. So the target acquistion module is an option now?

It will be useful now? Bought a Nor Carol yesterday and still missing the last module. So the target acquistion module is an option now?

It increases torpedo acquisition distance, which should help offset the DD torpedo detection distance buff. 

That's something completey different. So...I will have to try I guess.

In terms of torpedo acquisition it's more or less the same. I think it also gives you spotting through smoke as a bonus.

How is this game even out of beta? For fucks sake some of the bugs I run into are annoying as hell. I have a great connection, my MS is good yet once every 5 games I load super slow or I get lag spikes so bad the game is barely playable, I hear about it in game all the time too from other players. Tonight I was battling a Nagato in my Colorado at like 5km, after I fired a salvo into him he was at pretty low health so I turned my attention to the planes inbound to focus fire, turn back to check on the Nagato and he is completely going, figured I must have sank it with my secondaries, then I take a big hit, dunno where from, I'm looking, finally he reappears like 4 km away and I drop my last salvo into him. He was literally less than 5 km and I could not see him but he could see me. This isn't the first time a ship randomly disappeared when it shouldn't have, just never this close before. I never have these kind of issues with WOT, I always load quick there and rarely if ever had any lag issues

Hiding stats?  You might as well create a button that displays **CONFIRMED SHITTER** on your profile.

Better that than the "Torpedo bomb me pls" unicum WR stats would give.

Hiding stats?  You might as well create a button that displays **CONFIRMED SHITTER** on your profile.

So? Let them think that, makes it easier for me to play when most think I'm a shitter at the game.

Does anyone know if this .1-.5 DD torp camo buff will be big enough to either a) make the upper half of the Japanese DD tree have a point or b) make playing a T7-8 non-premium Japanese or American DD noticably better than a Kiev next season?

Edit: Oh my, a 15% damage nerf on top of it may mean I really should be playing American DDs instead of Russian. 

Edited by Nelagend
saw another patch note...

The HP nerf of the Kiev makes it have over 2k hp less than the Ogrevoi T6 DD. Guess it is time to learn how to aim much better with my US DDs.

Downloading the update now.  Can somebody confirm if the new Target Acquisition mod actually increases spotting distance now?  It reads like a permanent Hydro.

My take on the 5.2 DD meta changes. Benson is now much better. You get 3.3 second reload and 15K+ hp with B hull. C hull isnt needed. With my spec Benson has 3 second reload and 13.8km range. Mahan has 4 second base or 3.6 second reload with my spec. The sims has 2 advantages over these ships using the same captain. 15.5 km range on guns (longest of any dd) and 2.1 second rudder shift.

Kiev has been over nerfed. It has 12.8k hp, the t6 ussr dd had 15.1k hp. Tashkent is a meaningful upgrade now at 19k+ hp. It has 50 percent more hp than Kiev. Kiev now will probably do less damage than all its peers. 

I simply can't play tier 10 battleships anymore.  Every time I load into some shitty map like Atlantic, which is yet another 20km snipefest for high tiers, I get focus-fired by the obligatory 3 Yamatos on the other team that are sitting in the back not moving, while 20km Shimakaze torpedoes prevent me from daring to move up.  This game needs carriers to be viable again, to prevent Yamatos from sitting stationary in the back and keep Shimakazes from roaming the middle unchallenged and unspotted.  I'd happily die the occasional one-shot death to a good carrier player if it meant the old, slightly-less-shitty-but-actually-playable tier 10 meta returned.

I simply can't play tier 10 battleships anymore.  Every time I load into some shitty map like Atlantic, which is yet another 20km snipefest for high tiers, I get focus-fired by the obligatory 3 Yamatos on the other team that are sitting in the back not moving, while 20km Shimakaze torpedoes prevent me from daring to move up.  This game needs carriers to be viable again, to prevent Yamatos from sitting stationary in the back and keep Shimakazes from roaming the middle unchallenged and unspotted.  I'd happily die the occasional one-shot death to a good carrier player if it meant the old, slightly-less-shitty-but-actually-playable tier 10 meta returned.

That's why I'm sticking to T8 for the time being. T10 is bad. Really fucking bad. However the mid tier meta is now really, really good. There's the odd carrier to make things interesting (because people haven't given up yet), destroyers are very viable and as such cruisers are powerful again. Torps are dangerous but aren't the walling menace you get up-tier. It just feels really fun.

Fubuki is dropping 9 15km torps in the water every 70 odd seconds at tier 8. I stay invisible for first half of the game and spam torps. Tiers 3-8 are fun. When I get into a T10 game on most maps it is a snipe fest unless one of the teams DD's catches a BB or CA not paying attention.