Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

11 hours ago, Crossfader said:

20 minutes of sitting in back and doing 10k dmg, all in all i would say end game content is worth it, would play again 10/10

Could have done more than 10K if not sitting in the back.

Even if you got torped you could have done more than 10K and it would be faster than 20 minutes.

Think about it...

I had something odd happen when I hit a New Mexico with a single torpedo for 40k damage from my Minekaze. There was no detonation, just a devastating strike. There was no flooding damage. So I guess you can get torp crits.

1 hour ago, Crossfader said:

should i run range upgrade or rate of fire upgrade on Baltimore ?

I second this question, coming up on the Baltimore myself, and not sure at all the best way to outfit/Capt skill this ship.

10 hours ago, BiggieD61 said:

I second this question, coming up on the Baltimore myself, and not sure at all the best way to outfit/Capt skill this ship.

in the end i went reload for the same reason that getting AFC in the Cleveland back in the day sounded cool, but 15sec to target made it impossible to hit even BB's

My experience with T8+ CAs is that you are out ranged by all BB's and a large percentage of BB drivers are pretty good shots. This makes it very frustrating to play a CA. When I am playing my BBs, the only CA that is difficult to deal with for me is a Zao played well. There great stealth allows the to fire a broadside or 2 then enable the their Romulan cloaking device and disappear. They then reappear after I have shot a broadside. 

I think there is no wrong answer to specking your CA. It is just a playstyle thing. Rate of Fire is always a good choice. But can you stack stealth to survive long enough to get close to hit your target, and more important, can you  survive after you you start firing. Would range work better for you? (if you can't hit anything near max range, or you don't fire at long range, ROF is the best solution for you)

Link to the patch notes - here come the Russkies!

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-054-notes-downtime/

Saipan is going to be in the client as a TIER VII, not a tier VI, not released for sale yet though.

Buffing ctrl click AA from 10% to 30%, just after it was nerfed from 20% to 10% ... lol

1 hour ago, BiggieD61 said:

Link to the patch notes - here come the Russkies!

http://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/update-054-notes-downtime/

Saipan is going to be in the client as a TIER VII, not a tier VI, not released for sale yet though.

Buffing ctrl click AA from 10% to 30%, just after it was nerfed from 20% to 10% ... lol

Decisive aren't our Soviet comrades.

4 hours ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Buffing module HP does nothing to nerf HE, if anything it increases how much damage HE can actually do.

They're recalculating the damage based on the frontal armor of the turret that you hit to reduce the shrapnel damage. If you actually bust the module it'll do more damage but you're less likely to do that.

33 minutes ago, OnboardG1 said:

They're recalculating the damage based on the frontal armor of the turret that you hit to reduce the shrapnel damage. If you actually bust the module it'll do more damage but you're less likely to do that.

So less broken turrets on my Ognevoi? ;) 

5 hours ago, TouchFluffyTail said:

Buffing module HP does nothing to nerf HE, if anything it increases how much damage HE can actually do.

Damage dealt to most modules doesn't transmit to the universal HP. It's why you can knock out secondaries and AA (and even main battery turrets) without dealing any HP damage.

5 hours ago, BGrey said:

Everything I saw was saying radar on RU cruisers only, added to US in the next patch.

Only the T5 and 9 get the 180mm guns. T6-8 are 152s and the Moskva is 220mm guns.

5 hours ago, BGrey said:

Everything I saw was saying radar on RU cruisers only, added to US in the next patch.

I either missed that or it was edited into the NA patch notes later, because when I read it all I saw was that radar was being added.

T3, T5-6 are fun, T7 is trash iirc, T8 is decent, T9 is fun, didn't try the T10 on live, probably should have, it seems ok from what others say.  it's a line of glass cannons that get citadel'd as easily as Omaha does, and the T10 is so big its citadel is literally the size of Omaha (thanks for that one, Flametz)