Jump to content
Flametz

WoWS General Patch Discussion (currently 0.6.0)

Recommended Posts

tried to grind "normally" (no free XP except for modules, fresh captain) the russian crusers and the tier 3 is the T18 of WOWS. I should be ashamed but it's so much fun!

You should not skip this one :

Spoiler

z0JYtCf.jpg

RpDLCBt.jpg

YApOMcT.jpg

Tier 4 is fun also but hard without AFT... nice torp arc though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't remember why public opinion hates (or at least used to hate?) the Kagero.  I just had a magical MM with only one DD on each team; First Blood was when I killed my opposing Fletcher counterpart by torping his smoke.  Many straight lines, fifteen torp hits, and 203k damage later, I collected my 480k profit and decided that was a good game to end the night on.

Maybe the recent commander changes have improved it (Torp Accel + 3600 hit points is nice), but it's easily my favorite of the IJN destroyers so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mesrith said:

 

 but it's easily my favorite of the IJN destroyers so far.

So I get, you don't have a Shima yet :)

It is just like the Kagero only 3 times as good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PrivateBert said:

So I get, you don't have a Shima yet :)

It is just like the Kagero only 3 times as good.

Yes I second Bert. Kag is great, but Shima is much better. You can't spec it wrong. Just maximize torp reload and the rest doesn't really matter, just personal preference.

Standard game 284k profit, 6 torp hits. 1800 base exp. 100k+ damage.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/25/2016 at 5:01 PM, Crossfader said:

got Citatelle'd  twice in Kirov by BB's HE.............. :nmad:

yeah, this thing is just to weak, as soon as someone starts shooting at you, u just melt

I feel konig is better is you want to spam AP

the Budyonny isn't bad with the second hull but the guns are not as devastating

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Look at all the BB's HE fire rating. 30 percent base is probably about average. Imperator based on your statement has a base of 33 percent. Add 3 percent for demolition expert to get 36 percent. This is about normal or slightly above normal. The slower the reload, the higher chance of fire each HE shot has.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jarkorsis said:

Look at all the BB's HE fire rating. 30 percent base is probably about average. Imperator based on your statement has a base of 33 percent. Add 3 percent for demolition expert to get 36 percent. This is about normal or slightly above normal.

Other 12" guns: IJN 29%, USN 20-23%. Unlike high tier ships, these chances are pretty close to real because low-tier ships have low fire resistance.

Not sure where you'd use the HE round though. The AP round has good base damage, a high arc (angling doesn't help much against it), a 0.01s detonator (no citadel overpens), and the reload is really long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Remember imperator has 36 second reload. Most other 12 inch guns are in the 24 second area if memory serves. I think they use an equation to make the numbers pretty close as far as fire damage goes per shot. So Wyoming and Arkansas Beta have 12 shots every 24 seconds. (36 shots in 72 seconds v Imperator 24 shots in 72 seconds) Both end up with the same number of fires over time. 

As far as when to use HE, that is a personal choice. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Jarkorsis said:

Most other 12 inch guns are in the 24 second area if memory serves.

Try 30.  The Arkansas can get down to 26 by using MBM3.

..............................

To switch topics, I'm not enjoying the Kirov.  My selective memory makes me feel like I've died in every game, even though I have a 40% survival rate and have won enough and done decent damage in it.  It just feels like I need to be in full-blown max-range, using-pubbies-as-meat-shields, survival mode and play it like my Pensacola, only with much less maneuverability.  It can 1v1 another cruiser well enough because of its turret angles, but drawing the attention of more than one ship is terrifying.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jarkorsis said:

As far as when to use HE, that is a personal choice. 

 

Yes, it is a personal choice. And it is retarded too, as in every BB :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, PrivateBert said:

He who shoots HE in the Nikolai shall delete his account :)

got a 77k game only firing HE "balanced"

... just got the tier 6 russian cruiser, the Budy. Now this is Russian bias i can believe in, bias i expected and bias deserved by WG.

take a Cleveland, remove some AA, make everything else better... it even has ok ish armor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, PrivateBert said:

Yes, it is a personal choice. And it is retarded too, as in every BB :)

Not so much with the Ishizuchi. There are enough things it struggles to pen that HE is worthwhile, if you pay attention to what's going on and what you're going to be shooting next.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, I don't have that ship so I can't judge.

But generally speaking it is retarded to not use AP as default ammo in a BB. Of course you sometimes use HE when shooting at DDs or at an angled Yamato. But by default every halfway competent BB captain shoots AP. Not doing so is massive fail.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Wait, what? You can put tier 9 modules on that thing? Is that normal for premiums?

only because the ark is such a shitty ship, without the mods it would be a tier 3.5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mesrith said:

To switch topics, I'm not enjoying the Kirov.  My selective memory makes me feel like I've died in every game, even though I have a 40% survival rate and have won enough and done decent damage in it.  It just feels like I need to be in full-blown max-range, using-pubbies-as-meat-shields, survival mode and play it like my Pensacola, only with much less maneuverability.  It can 1v1 another cruiser well enough because of its turret angles, but drawing the attention of more than one ship is terrifying.

I load AP and look for any broadside shots on all the Russian Cruisers from tier 3-7, the Citadel chance seems too easy - I suspect that they will buff the hull and nerf the guns really soon ...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RichardNixon said:

Wait, what? You can put tier 9 modules on that thing? Is that normal for premiums?

No.  The Arkansas is the only one that has higher-tier mods as far as I know...although a few others could certainly benefit from that.

2 hours ago, Crossfader said:

only because the ark is such a shitty ship, without the mods it would be a tier 3.5

Ok, but it does have the mods, which makes it a very good ship for its tier.  The number of guns combined with that reload speed let it smack down cruisers, which are plentiful at the moment.  Nikolai is still better at dueling battleships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...