Rexxie

Dwarf Fortress

Doesn't look like anyone posted the Link yet.

http://dfstories.com/all-stories/

So much FUN.

Some day I'll really try to get into Fortress mode..... but until then Adventure mode is pretty fun. My last Adamantium clad Hero sadly bled to death after his left leg and arm got ripped off by a Demon pretending to be a god.

Bumping this here thread.

Time to play df2014 for the first time properly, had started when it first released but decided to wait until dwarf the rapist was out then like ages passed. >.>

Also, we should do a wotlabs sucession fort sometime.

yes, yes we should.

Decided to built an aboveground fortress/castle thing for the first time. It is an inordinate pain in the ass (SO MANY FUCKING SHALE BLOCKS).

I did that once it was actually pretty fun, the time involved in making it made losing it a bit of a bummer, made worse due to the fact it was entirely my fault. >.>

Did i mention it was made entirely out of wood. >> Think there was over 1000 logs use in it and i hadn't even finished. Also had no metals so my army was armed almost enitrely with wooden crossbows and bolts, was relying on the caravans and goblinite for bars.

yeah, but the main issue was how long it took the dwarves to build it, there are some parts where you have to micromanage them so they don't miss a bit.

So like my fortress was attacked by a were buffalo, which proceeding got killed by a bunch of dwarves 2 of which survived then later killed pretty much the rest of my fort currently trying to put the door on the hospital so i can lock them in.

so like dwarf were creatures > human were creatures.

ok so they are now contained, just hope non of the others are infected. >.>

Edited by methebest

All my military dwarfs have properly and without delays equiped all their gear, even while the pieces were still being built, i didn't have a single issue of them missing pieces of armor.

What manner of sorcery is this?

The dwarves also no longer stand in the tile where they're trying to build a wall(multiple masons can get in the way of each other still, but much less common too).

Toady is a wizard.

wall builders are no longer masons as its a new job now, found out the hard way when my miners keept making walls >.>

everyone does it by default and the rapist doesn't see it yet, so you have to actually manually unset the job.

so like no fucking goblins near my fort so i built defenses for no reason, and i don't have anything to entertain me. ;_;

could always try flood hell i guess.

Yeah, sieges take longer to show up now from what i read. Even ambushes and snatchers, because they have to travel the world in real time.

Also it seems my military forgot how to wear high boots. That or civilians are stealing them, because i made 10 pairs for 6 dwarfs, some are missing the boots and they're not in the stockpile.

Yeah, sieges take longer to show up now from what i read. Even ambushes and snatchers, because they have to travel the world in real time.

Also it seems my military forgot how to wear high boots. That or civilians are stealing them, because i made 10 pairs for 6 dwarfs, some are missing the boots and they're not in the stockpile.

might still be in the workshop.

and i meant there are no goblin civs near me so even if they wanted to they couldn't get me. >.>

I say that a lot, but I can never really continue to play past the initial setup phase. Once my fort is self sufficient, all the rooms are dug out, and I've got a military training... that's pretty much it for me. I lack any kind of creative spark, so I just end up not loading it back up until next patch.

Guess I could always try out the more hellish biomes. Your average DF fort's difficulty is a cakewalk once you know how & what needs to be done, since basically nothing external will fuck you up until quite late. Hopefully I can find a way to change that without artificially limiting myself.