Nalyk

Flights and 1.8

They just need to add gimbaling guns for no reason so that aiming is easier for the average player! Improved accuracy and fun for all, guaranteed!

One the official wowp forums one of the members has translated the stream with what appears to be little bias. I'd post the link but I can't seem to find it right now. Will try later.

WG is going to provide gold and premium time for a community run "clan wars" competition. If you like climbing for 5 minutes, then rolling the RNG dice in a massive head-on, then you are in luck!

Man. They sure rushed that patch out. They can't have had the test server up for more than a couple of weeks.

Not sure I'm as optimistic as I was before about this patch.

I'm really thinking about playing again.  RIP me?

Eh. I'm still playing and having fun though i play exclusively with someone which i find to be much more enjoyable. Play a heavy tier 7+ though. It's world of GA up there.

Played on the RU Cluster when the event was starting. 4.4k+ online and 15v15 matches with quick queue times. RU baddies got crushed by a solo player with 200ms ping though, and it was a great way to see how horribly the replay system interacts with client-side prediction.

Played on the RU Cluster when the event was starting. 4.4k+ online and 15v15 matches with quick queue times. RU baddies got crushed by a solo player with 200ms ping though, and it was a great way to see how horribly the replay system interacts with client-side prediction.

With the client side prediction, 150-200ms ping feels pretty solid. Been playing on EU since this dropped...

I'm amazed to see so many low battle count people in tier 4. EU actually gets new players... who would have thought?

Queue is decent with 1k people online... still 1-2 minutes to get 15v15 battles though,

Queue is decent with 1k people online... still 1-2 minutes to get 15v15 battles though,

The RU Cluster is genuinely a magical place to be after dealing with the population of NA, and to some extend EU's population as well. Good MM, good queue times, full matches. The only thing RU doesn't have is somewhat competent teammates.

If they can't get the NA server population up and Planes continues to crash and burn on the I foresee a server merge in the future.  

Just makes me wonder if WG will "offer" the NA people to pay to transfer their stuff and if they don't pay up our stuff gets wiped.  Or if they'll just do it for free like they should...

If they can't get the NA server population up and Planes continues to crash and burn on the I foresee a server merge in the future.  

Just makes me wonder if WG will "offer" the NA people to pay to transfer their stuff and if they don't pay up our stuff gets wiped.  Or if they'll just do it for free like they should...

I can't see a forced paid transfer doing anything to help their situation with the game as it is.

However knowing WG and how they seem to lack brains in the slightest, I wouldn't put it past them to do so.

People keep talking about it like it's inevitable or could actually happen, but I don't ever see a server merge happening unless they implement worldwide server roaming first across all their products.  They've been talking about this for years but have never implemented because each time they look at it they decide it's too complicated from technical and business perspectives.  

As it stands now with gold, premium time and free XP shared between games they can't merge just one game alone.  And merging servers brings all kinds of challenges like regionalizing CW, gold pricing etc.  If US and EU players could go to the RU server and buy dirt cheap gold because of the weak ruble, it would turn the game economy upside down.

They'd also never want laggy EU and NA players threatening the experience in the home market either. nor would they want to risk upsetting things in their one game that's actually successful.  

Game still dead?

Yup. Not much else to add.

With the client side prediction, you can start an account over at RU or EU and get good performance at 150ms to 200ms ping. If you play during US daytime hours, those servers have 2k-4k players online. They still have the 1.5 MM (+/- 1 MM, etc) so you can still sit in the queue for over a minute even at tier 4 with 75 people queued in 3-5.

I'm from EU tho.

Ok. Population continues its steady decline. The game mechanics have changed little depending on when you last played (and mostly for the worse). You can try NA with its even lower population and super fast 3v3 MM, or you can stay away.

I'm from EU tho.

Ok. Population continues its steady decline. The game mechanics have changed little depending on when you last played (and mostly for the worse). You can try NA with its even lower population and super fast 3v3 MM, or you can stay away.

OK, I'll just avoid it then...

Good lord, are WG *still* trying to keep WoWP running? Wow...