I feel shame. I have caused games to be lost in that fashion...  =(

Sometimes it's the right call, sometimes it isn't. I've thrown plenty of games, myself. The important thing is to recognize mistakes and learn from them! :D

Anybody know if this map has encounter and/or assault versions?

I can see it happening, matter in fact I think assualt would be fun on this map and I dont particularly like assualt mode

Does anyone have any micropositions for overlord they're willing to share? And I don't mean the little perch you can get to above the beach from south spawn, using any tank with higher HP/ton than a T25/2 or St. Emil :) I've been trying to find passive scouting positions for the 13 90 to see if it's a viable option, and certainly around the wreathes (hedge donuts) there are some, especially closest to the buildings in the centre of the map, but they're not necessarily reliable or the best use of my tank. On the north side of the main donut, if you get a good spawn, sitting along the hedge correctly can give you some area denial as well, but it needs maybe dark blue or higher to understand what you're lighting and make use of the berms behind/around you, both sides of the road, and ideally tanks with gun depression or strong hulls anyway.

The great thing about the sheer expanse of hedges is that if you're in cloaking mode, people generally aren't clever enough to peek until they know where they're being spotted from, so don't blind fire, and probably because of the newness of the map, aren't rushing you in tanks which would normally obliterate you (e.g. purple T57H died to arty after getting 13 90 spotted by me. could just be a potato game, but unusual enough to make me note it)

The hedges work very well for passive scouting. There are a few lines, I"ll try to get some pictures.

Middle play seems best, I had a beast Patton game then a horrific Charioteer game.

Enemy team, all tomato, yolo rushed right down the middle from the get go straight into our cap and murdered us. It was so pathetic and frustrating.

Middle play seems best, I had a beast Patton game then a horrific Charioteer game.

Enemy team, all tomato, yolo rushed right down the middle from the get go straight into our cap and murdered us. It was so pathetic and frustrating.

Why is it pathetic that an aggressive push won the game?  A big problem with pubs is under-aggression when there is an overmatch.   

I can see it happening, matter in fact I think assualt would be fun on this map and I dont particularly like assualt mode

Assault mode. Let the attacker spawn on the beach and the defenders stay on the cliff and all shooting down. favicon.png Assault mode Murovanka v2 ftw :P

Assault mode. Let the attacker spawn on the beach and the defenders stay on the cliff and all shooting down. favicon.png Assault mode Murovanka v2 ftw :P

That would be god damn terrible.

WG will do it.

Why is it pathetic that an aggressive push won the game?  A big problem with pubs is under-aggression when there is an overmatch.   

It was pathetic because it was akin to everyone rushing middle on Prok, or any map

Seriously if your team loses because a team yolos right down the middle from the 15:00 mark you are a shit team. 

It was pathetic because it was akin to everyone rushing middle on Prok, or any map

Seriously if your team loses because a team yolos right down the middle from the 15:00 mark you are a shit team. 

Or you're Pocktio :^)

Nah, but I do agree, a meta hasn't formed on this map yet so a lot of players rush middle and not even a single fucking pubbie knows how to counter a tank that's pressed R-R-R and won't stop

So you are saying the rush didn't create an overmatch?  

Because if it did, then that isn't indicative of a shitty defense as much as it is an advantaged seized on offense in a way not normally seen in randoms.

So you are saying the rush didn't create an overmatch?  

Because if it did, then that isn't indicative of a shitty defense as much as it is an advantaged seized on offense in a way not normally seen in randoms.

Are you genuinely saying a blob of tomato pubbies rushing middle when the timer starts is anything but random coincidence? That they planned it?

You can't seize an advantage if it isn't there. Immediately rushing middle when the timer starts isn't seizing anything, it's retarded and my team was more retarded in that they let it work.

I wish I could chime in but almost a week later of playing a hour or two every night and I still haven't seen this map, wtf!?

Are you genuinely saying a blob of tomato pubbies rushing middle when the timer starts is anything but random coincidence? That they planned it?

You can't seize an advantage if it isn't there. Immediately rushing middle when the timer starts isn't seizing anything, it's retarded and my team was more retarded in that they let it work.

Given that you can't see the opponent's chat, it could very well have been planned.  One of the tomato platoons could have said "we're rushing center, come with us".  Or just clicked center and charged ahead while a bunch of them decided to support the strategy. 

There are three major areas to fight.  A rush to a single sector seems pretty likely to create an overmatch that can then be exploited to win the whole game.

I'm not saying that it is usually the right choice, but given the right composition, teamwork and surprise, why not?  

A mediocre strategy that is executed probably beats no strategy most of the time.  

Also, I think it is unfair to call your team our for its distribution on a new map.  More diplomatic would be "inexperienced on the map".

Only had it 2 times so far but the first impression so far is very good. Which is quiet surprising since all the other recent maps WG has been come up with were utter trash. Overlord does a lot of things right:

• No huge unusable areas
  • Something to do and places to go for every tank class
  • Interesting and varied terrain
  • It looks nice as well

Can't really say much more until I played it more often yet so far so good. Might even become one of my favorite maps.

Beach is completely worthless, It is exactly like Lakeville Valley. If more than two or three of you pubbies go down there you will lose. The trenches above the beach are favourable for mediums and scouts. The hedgerows make fighting in the east annoying for tanks with no depression. I have been running down the west skirting the top of the cliff to spot how many pubbies are on the beach then moving into the mid for flanking shots to rip all the people fighting it out in the hedgerows like shitlords.

Yay, another brawlfest of a map - the brawl happening in the East flank, just like new Murovanka.

Tried poking out behind the hedges there with my STA-1 (which theoretically has good gun depression), got spotted before I could even start aiming on something.

Same old "ridges over ridges upon ridges with more ridges" shit design. GIVE US BACK ENGAGEMENT AREAS BIGGER THAN 50 METERS, DAMMIT!

GIVE US BACK ENGAGEMENT AREAS BIGGER THAN 50 METERS, DAMMIT!

oh thank goodness, I thought I was just shitty at spotting

Had some good wins on this map but have a real problem with survivability. But then again I play only British heavies and when I play the Conqueror I see this map often. I like it. I always go the 3 line just above the beach. Always lot's of action there for a heavy.

Beach is completely worthless, It is exactly like Lakeville Valley. If more than two or three of you pubbies go down there you will lose. The trenches above the beach are favourable for mediums and scouts. The hedgerows make fighting in the east annoying for tanks with no depression. I have been running down the west skirting the top of the cliff to spot how many pubbies are on the beach then moving into the mid for flanking shots to rip all the people fighting it out in the hedgerows like shitlords.

The beach is really only useful for flanking with a light or medium once all the other tanks are engaged in battle on the ridge.

Where does a heavy tank with no gun depression go? The mid points of the middle of the map are all raised.